Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Sidetrack

Sidetrack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

OK - my thoughts on some of this.
    To me, Riftan showed love for Maxi in many ways, even though neither said the words. I believe words are just words, it is what you do that really shows your heart. After Riftan rescues her from the Duke- (Screw You Duke!- I hope you die a miserable death). - when they talk he tells her that his heart hasn't been is own, 'ever since I met you my heart has not been my own'. (paraphrased) - That is an admission of true love to me. sniff sniff- major feels:blobsob::blobcry::blobcry::blobsneeze:. - need lots of tissues!!

During Book 2, . . . Riftan- when pressed - - - tells her of the terror he felt that she might die after injuries, including miscarriage, with massive bleeding, incurred while saving Eth lene castle and those within it, the emotional agony he went through when she left for Nornui, his feelings of abandonment, and he feels he cannot survive that pain again. He is honest about it, he doesn't try to pretend he doesn't care. He acknowledges her talents, her strengths, stubborn determination and scary bravery. I think if she can learn and understand about his past to ask pointed questions and demand he answer, not avoid, they will come together.

There are MANY MANY ends not tied up-
    Are there actually Warlocks in the north? where did they go? will they breed more monsters and attack again? -- -
    what is the Holy Knights real goal? they NEVER explain anything! And over rule mostly everything, I think in the name of the church. I think Kuahel Leon finds Maxi interesting due to her abilities, not due to personal emotion. He may want her power under his control.
    And what the hell is up with Ruth?? Will we ever find out about his past ?? (I love Ruth, he is such a laugh for me)
    Do we get to see the Duke die a miserable death???? please please please
    Will the wizards be able to maintain a comfortable truce with the 7 kingdoms? Will they get the (warlock) magic info & devices as part of the loot that is divided.
    I think Agnes is relatively fairly minor character,,, Princess, smart, rich, BIG fire wizard, able to command armies, but other than Maxi's jealousy, not very involved.
    And Richt Bleston is a real sonofabitch! will he pop up somewhere to cause trouble??

Sorry for the majorly long post, hope y'all dont mind me unloading all my stuff at once!

Excuse Me - But can you imagine the pain of trying to shave 'down there' with the razors available at that time????--- YEEE-OUCH. And Maxi is so innocent and shy about 'that place' she could not even touch it herself!!!! - - also - there are smooth parts inside the others!!

2. jujurlah

jujurlah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THIS THIS THIS THIS
    WHAT frustrates me with Maxi. If she could just focus on riftan's pain for like an entire chapter lol jk and actually understand them,
    she expected too much from him, she leaves him for 3 yrs (when the guy couldnt even stand 3 days being ignored) underestimating the feelings of someone being abandoned, then go crazy when he starts to ignore her and distanced himself from her (he explained why btw)
    did she expect a warm welcoming party and the lines
    'hi maxi long time no see, come here time to dribble'
    i kinda feels riftan's being taken for granted at some point but not totally ignored, u know what i mean? she cares for him a lot, and constantly reminding the others that riftan is not invincible and also a human too, but maxi fails to realize that if something tremendous danger happens to her, riftan will go crazy crazy, like a mad man who will run to the monsters and slay them on his own not thinking what will happen to him
    the one who falls in love deeper is the one who gets hurt the most

ps. i dont hate maxi, just some of her reactions, actions triggers me sometimes, its ok if she's brave and courageous despite her upbringing

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  3. Safeng

Safeng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for this. You don't know how delightful it is to read this scene, not having to be bothered with topsy-turvy pronouns and out-of-place words. (Google Translate, y'all.)

I wonder if you could also put a good translation of Ruth and Calto's first meeting in book 2, chapter 32. It's a very funny scene, and I like a good laugh.

The discussions here are interesting. Yes, I also hope that when the author comes back, there will be chapters of the power couple that they obviously will turn out to be (since Ruth already made Maxi promise that she will indeed take his place in the Remdragon knights' future expeditions).☺

In book 2, Kuahelion already sees her as a powerful wizard, and was actually surprised when she said she has less mana than the other Nornui wizards. He pointed out that she healed the wounded relentlessly during the war, without even experiencing mana depletion. I'm really proud of her great healing capabilities, but in a way, she owes that to her abused childhood. It's coming full circle, guys.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who wants a Hebaron POV of when Maxi joined the first strategic war meeting, and Riftan and Maxi talk all business-like (even when they were on ignore-mode as a couple). I just want to see how their interaction is seen by other people, more so that Maxi brilliantly suggested a strategy re catapults, and can even express herself in front of many VIP without stuttering.

Arifiana, marucalypse, maribe and 8 others like this.
  4. tunafish007

tunafish007 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This better be in the WEBTOON or I’m gonna riot lol…. Anticipating how they are going to censor this…

Y0jik0 likes this.
  5. riftanmaxicalypse

riftanmaxicalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I also want to know Hebaron or Gabel's POV regarding this! OMG!

Mxt, marucalypse and sheerankamar like this.
  6. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO: i finished reading this just now. It was hilarious. Its also chaotic with the translations my eyes are bleeding :sweating_profusely::blobjoy:
    its too funny not to share:blob_grin:

carmelle likes this.
  7. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wahahahhahhahha theyre so cute.
    Good job translating btw this chapter got my head spinning on whos pulling whos hair :blobdizzy:

sanrio, sharlnina, ChezcaAnne and 5 others like this.
  8. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This scene :blobjoy:

"you seem to be doing well all this time":blobcat_hyper:
    Calto said in a voice cold as an iceberg.

Ruth blinked as if he still couldn't believe it, :blobfearful:and then opened his mouth.

"my uncle on the other hand doesn't seem to be doing well, You seemed to have lost most of your hair" :hmm:

Calto Serbel, who ran forward, grabbed Ruth's neck and yelled, :blobtriumph:shaking him from side to side.

"This son of a bitch ..! We meet after sixteen years and that's the first thing you say to me!":blobcat_rawr::blobcat_knife:

"Keghhh! Un-uncle ..!":blobdizzy:

"Sure! Thanks to you, my head is like this. Does it make you feel good? You fucking bastard!":blob_catflip::blob_thor:

9. Flyinghigh79

Flyinghigh79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, I think I would like them to have a daughter first. I just think it would be interesting, because of Maxi's past, when their daughter is born she worries that Riftan would be disappointed like how her pos dad reacted to having daughters. However, when Riftan see's their daughter for the first time, his reaction is the opposite and he is overjoyed that he is a father and bursting with love for their child he might also show relief that their daughter is healthy and how he has a new member to his family. He is also relieved that Maxi is okay and that she and their daughter are okay. Gah! I just want Maxi and Riftan to reconcile soon so they can start a family!! Please come back author!!

10. jujurlah

Reading List:
    Link
    she was a badass explaining the catapults, her idea, though she thought ridiculous at first got riftan interested when the guy leaned forward on the table (did i remember correctly)

i read this part like 3 times in a row absorbing how much maxi became became a strategist like her husband.

she 's actually smart, even in book 1 when helping ruth with runes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

11. jujurlah

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure im not the only one who wants main Remdragon Knights' POVs. I want them, i want to read uslin's thoughts when he witnessed duke's abuse to maxi.
    • Hebaron
    • Gabel
    • Elliot
    • Uslin
    • Yuri
    • Okay lets add Ruth
    Then Kuahel Leon's plus Sejour Aren's too!
    Should I add Agnes? Not sure if i want to read her mind lol.
    Please Author-nim, just a full-lenght chapter for each...

12. tickytocky

tickytocky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would loveeee to read all of these characters pov. But not agnes, no. hahaha

13. riftanmaxicalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    When he saw Maxi been trapped between Calto and Ruth for sure Hahaha
    Please, share this chapter ♡ Thank you very much.

Mxt, marucalypse and Rixi Calypse like this.
  14. jujurlah

Reading List:
    Link
    If the Roem Empire ever gets back to rule again, I would love them to have a boy first, looking like Riftan and with curly deep red brown hair like Maxi. Oh gosh that would be adoraboooo.
    A girl would be great too! with Riftan's face and Maxi's hair!
    Seriously, as long as they have a child. They'll surely shower it would love and affection.
    Riftan would be like, you're not allowed to have a boyfriend until you're 50 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::blobsmilehappyeyes:
    A twins would be nice as well :cookie::cookie::aww:

sanrio, Mxt, Rixi Calypse and 4 others like this.
  15. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think one of the best chapters in book 2 happened after they won the war, its been a few days and everyone was busy tending the wounded, and cleaning up the battlefield.

Riftan took Maxi to a ruined temple with colorful transparent glasses.

He told her, he hoped the beautiful place protects her, because thinking of something beautiful can comfort her when nightmare comes.

She stared at him blankly, Riftan stood in the light. His hair dyed in a mysterious colors of light purple, blue and brown. His skin looked like it was made of fire and gold, and his eyes are like a sea of stars shimmering at night.

She asked him is he has dark days too. He said, Yes, and he has just one memory that comforts him.

She walked up to him and touched his arms, Riftan then puts his arms around her shoulders. In turn, she wraps her arms around his waist.

She leaned her head on his chest, as she starred at the fading sun, she thought, when the nightmare comes, she will remeber him standing in the dazling light.

Why are there damn ninjas cutting onions here:blobsneeze:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  16. sheerankamar

sheerankamar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Things I desperately hope that will happen in the continuation of UOT :
    • POV from other characters about the new Maxi
    • POV during Maxi's abuse
    • POV seeing Kuahel being sort of gentle towards Maxi
    • Cause of Roem Empire's downfall
    • Maxi exploring her magical abilities
    • Maxi being recognised and validated
    • Possibly war with warlocks if the 'warlocks' exist
    • Riftan finally opening up to Maxi and hopefully remembers about the boy who saved her
    • Lots of snusnu lol
    • PLEASE F-ING SAY I LOVE YOU TO EACH OTHER (Maxi and Riftan)
    • Duke Croix die in the worst way possible like died while taking a shit or smthg
    • Rosetta and Maxi being sisters for real
    • Life in Anatol after the war
    • Holds a banquet or goes to a banquet with Riftan looking like the power couple they are
    • Richt Bleston getting his ass kicked by Riftan in the duel
    • MAXI'S AND RIFTAN'S BABIES!!!! (Oh please I hope there's a couple of chapters of her confessing she's pregnant)
    I'm sure there's so many things that's going to happen in the continuation of the book but I really hope there will be more chapters because I can't imagine if the book finishes so abruptly. I'm holding on to the author's word saying it's a happy ending because it's daunting thinking about the last part of the Uigru legend.

17. jujurlah

Reading List:
    Link
    Sejur, who was looking at it, turned his head toward Kuahel and asked.

"To build a siege tower with a height of 70 kvette (about 21 m) would require an enormous amount of wood. Transporting them to Pamela Plateau will be a formidable task."

"All weapons that can be mobilized must be mobilized."

Kuahel said, looking around the crowd with his characteristic dry eyes.

"There is a magic tool installed on the wall that blocks magic. It is said that it is difficult to destroy the wall with attack magic. To invade the monster city, you have to use physical means."

"But even if it's not a siege tower, there's a lot of luggage to carry. To bring food, water, and even fodder for the horses, we need to mobilize more manpower than we do now. If you add more troops, the amount of food you need to carry increases as well. It hurts my head just thinking about how to solve this problem."

At Agnes' words, Richt giggled and burst into laughter.

"You are all worried. By the end of the war, the number of mouths to feed will be halved. The amount we prepared will not be enough, so there will be leftovers."

At that ruthless remark, Agnes's eyes twisted violently. As if she wasn't the only one who felt the discomfort, some knights shot him. But Richt didn't care what people looked at, he picked up the parchment on the table and ran it dry.

"According to the investigation, there are about 13 thousand monsters inhabiting the monster city. Are you optimistic that the damage to the Allied Forces will be minimal even after seeing this report?"

"You are too pessimistic." Sejur said sternly.

"Efforts should be made to reduce the damage to a minimum."

"It's a bit extreme, but Sir Bleston's words make sense. There is no need to increase the military capacity beyond this."

The middle-aged knight sitting to the right of Richt spoke cautiously. Judging by his attire, he seemed to be the commander of the spear corps dispatched by Alex. He added cautiously, turning his head to Kuahel.

"Besides, the Seven Kingdoms Council has already collected a huge amount of war funds from the lords of each country. If we put more pressure here, there will be a formidable backlash."

"When a battle becomes a long-term battle, there is nothing we can do about it."

Another knight spoke up. He seemed to have a higher status than the article mentioned earlier.

"We are going to fight for the peace of the Seven Kingdoms. If necessary, the council must send a supply to the battalion over and over again!"

"Of course, the supply of food will not be cut off." Kuahel said in a calm tone.

"But it would be better to find a way to attack the castle as soon as possible. There are few resources available to us in Pamela Plateau. Reliance on supplies is also limited. If this invasion leads to a long war, the council will eventually order the retreat. If that happens, this expedition will be a failure." He looked at the crowd with sharp eyes and said as if declaring.

"If possible, a decision should be made within a fortnight."

"Gibberish! How are you going to attack the fortress surrounded by the walls of 70 kvet in a fort night?”

Richt snorted and axed the map with his knife.

"Geographically, we are at a disadvantage. It is a fatal weakness that the monster city is located on a higher ground than the army entrance road. Even if it's gentle, a ramp is a ramp. Dragging the siege plane will be more difficult by boat, and the range the catapult can reach will be reduced. Moreover, the opponent is an army of trolls with infinite regenerative power. Every time they hit and run away, we take a huge damage, but the demons can quickly recover their power! There's no way these guys don't know that the more time goes on, the more advantageous they become. The enemies will unconditionally try to drag you into a long-term battle."

"Even if it's a troll, it doesn't have infinite regenerating power.”

Anton, who was silently listening to the conversations of the knights, opened his mouth. Everyone's eyes flew towards him. After a light cough, Anton continued speaking calmly.

"Trolls use the nutrients they have accumulated in their bodies to heal themselves. Because of this, after the wound has healed, it is in a state of extreme starvation. If they don't have enough food, at some point their healing powers will run out, and they'll go into frenzy because they can't stand their hunger. I’m saying, they can't just go in and hold on."

Riftan, who looked down at the map with thoughtful eyes, suddenly opened his mouth.

"If the demons stay inside the fortress and focus on defending the fortress walls, we have little chance of winning. But if they too are having problems with food procurement, they won't be able to drag them into a long-term war."

"It is known that trolls need five times as much nutrients as humans, and ogres need twelve times as much nutrients as humans. There must be limits to self-sufficiency."

Agnes said with a frown on one eye, as if searching for a memory.

"Moreover, the sub-race monsters are raising up to dozens of Wyverns, right? I've heard that a wyvern needs at least one cow's supply of nutrients per week. It might be nothing compared to the problems the demons face that we are struggling with the problem of feeding our horses."

"Hey, miss. Don't you think the trolls can survive by eating the wyvern?"

At Rich Bleston's sneering remarks, Agnes glared at him with annoyed eyes. Just as she was about to refute, Riftan spoke coldly.

"There is much more appetizing prey in front of you, so why bother eating a wyvern?"

A heavy silence settled in the conference hall. Riftan, who was tapping the table with his fingertips, continued calmly.

"The most attractive prey for monsters is humans. When food runs out, they'll be the first to turn to us. There are no way cannibals who are starving and quietly confined in the castle with the sacrifices in front of them."

He paused for a moment as if to organize his thoughts, then opened his mouth again.

"The question is, where are their limits? You can't just wait for food to run out. After isolating the demons, you have to exhaust your energy as quickly as possible with continuous attacks."

"Can't we further improve the performance of the siege weapon?"

Hebaron, who was looking down at the map, raised his head and asked.

"The current catapults cannot do much damage to the city. I tried it a few times outside the castle, but the power was not enough. It needs to be modified to allow attacks from a greater distance."

"It's not as easy as it sounds. To increase the catapult's attack power, you need to increase the size of the lever. But if you don't have the resources to do so, and if you carry parts of a large catapult such as a siege tower or trebuchet that can reach 70 kvet, the speed of your advance will decrease significantly."

Sejur sighed and shook his head.

"In normal circumstances, the lack of material s could be obtained from nearby forests, but this time it is impossible. We have to carry everything from one to ten. Please do not overlook this."

"How about using a magic tool to enhance the catapult's attack power?"

Elliot asked, turning his head to Anton.

"Just like installing magic tools on a siege shield to increase defense, can't the performance of catapults be improved in the same way?"

At that question, everyone's eyes turned to Anton. He coughed a little, then tapped Max's shoulder lightly.

When it comes to magic tools, this wizard knows best. She and two other wizards are in charge of making magic tools."

Max swallowed dry saliva. When dozens of knights paid attention to him, he was a little hesitant. But when Riftan's expressionless face caught his eye, a fierce fighting spirit erupted. She wanted to show her dignified appearance to her husband who ignored her. She coughed lightly, cleared her throat, and opened her mouth calmly.

"I'm already working on it. What we are currently doing... To increase the strength of siege weapons. That alone increases the catapult's power. More than the weight that ordinary wood can handle It will be able to fly far heavier rocks and shells."

"What is the firing range?"

Riftan asked, leaning slightly forward. Max paused for a moment, then looked straight into his eyes and he said it one word at a time.

"Given the size of the catapult and the weight of the stone that must be thrown One thradion (about 185 meters) would be the limit. Considering the slope of the hill and the height of the fortress wall, it would be effective if it was installed closer than that."

"The attack range is too narrow."

Riftan frowned and muttered. Max, who thought it was a considerable distance, was perplexed. Riftan, who was rubbing his temples with a thoughtful expression on his face, asked in a business-like tone.

"Is there any way to further improve performance? To minimize Allied losses, catapults should be placed out of reach of enemy counterattacks."

"There is a limit to increasing the power of a catapult with a magic tool. The strength of wood can be enhanced through magic, but not as much as rope. If you tighten the rope to make the shell go farther, at some point it will not be able to withstand the force and will break. Well, rather than that..."

Max paused for a moment. She was a little scared of what he would do if she thoughtlessly brought up the idea that suddenly came to her mouth and was laughed at. When she hesitated, Riftan rushed to answer in a blunt tone.

"Rather, what?"

She looked carefully at his expression. She wondered what he would think of her speaking in a conference room like this. But nothing could be read from Riftan's face. She spoke slowly, wiping her dry lips with her tongue.

"If one could change the terrain, could it be better?"

"Change the terrain?"

Kuahel raised one eyebrow and asked in question. Max quickly added explanations before any one snorts or vomits rebuttals.

"Yes, we're building a barrier under the catapults with magic. If we do... Without having to try to modify the catapult, it will be possible to attack from a great distance even in this state."

"But the mana concentration in Pamela Plateau is low. In order to maintain magic, it is necessary to consume more than twice the normal magic power. All the wizards will have to rush in to keep the wall going."

Miriam responded with a sullen face. It had been a frequent occurrence since she was in the World Tower for her to criticize her opinion in that way, so Max felt her anger on the rise.

"Ships and barriers aren't magic that consumes that much mana! And You don't even have to keep magic all day. It's only necessary to raise the area where the catapult is installed when attacking."

"That's a good idea."

Sejur said softly. Max looked happy. Agnes, who looked down at the map as if contemplating her proposal, soon nodded.

i was told that roem empire deteriorated was because during their later years of reign, the empire was ridiculed with corruption

• Maxi being recognised and validated
    I really want this to happen too. her contributions were hardly recognized if it weren't for the song the bard composed about her heroism, no one would know how she saved eth-lene.
    • Holds a banquet or goes to a banquet with Riftan looking like the power couple they are
    i can imagine this, them entering dramatically the hall and everyone's eyes turned to them. omg, noblemen gawking at maxi's elegance while riftan glaring at them with murderous intent.

18. tickytocky

tickytocky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When it comes to magic tools, this wizard knows best.

Very business-like :blobrofl: i wonder what was in riftan's head when he saw maxi like that hahaha

IraHera, Mxt, Arifiana and 6 others like this.
  19. riftanmaxicalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much! ♡

Mxt, Rixi Calypse and jujurlah like this.
  20. Chaerin

Chaerin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what, o my gosh! how is riftan?? :blobsob:

Mxt likes this.