Music while reading

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CardOne4All, Jul 18, 2021.

?

Do you listen to music while reading

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to know what type of music is the best to read to and which Music app you use (Spotify,YouTube, SoundCloud, Apple Music, etc.)
    I know that most people have a different than me but there is probably a genre that most people read to, Mine is j-pop, k-r&b, k-soul and lo-fi. Chill beats are just the best way to enjoy a good novel (imo).

Deleted member 367916 likes this.
  2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I use YouTube since I have Premium. I listen to basically anything, though right now I'm currently in the "loop through Genshin Impact CN VAs' songs" phase. It's pretty calming for me?

Though, I'd be down with anything not explicit and not rap/heavy metal and not English usually.

Bad Storm likes this.
  3. Wrath444

Wrath444 Life is such a glorious trauma, is it not?

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m listening to music right now whilst reading manga I mainly listen to random songs I like

4. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Metal... using the good ol' VLC Media Player... I do have a large (ever growing) library... I have no need for one of those music apps

Jasad likes this.
  5. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes I listen to a Nightcore creator on youtube, something I pick out on old Iheart or the radio, or just the TV for noise (mainly the TV since I share the house) and there is just good old silence.

6. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    I only use sound cloud or have YouTube open in another device. Mostly rock,metal, or jazz radio stations. Sometimes if the book needs atmosphere then I will spend time to look for the right soundtrack for it.

My best so far has been pairing Blame! and dark jazz/doom jazz together. That was a magnificent experience. *chef kiss* Specifically with the song Black Background V by Bad Angels

7. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly spotify, got premium. I find it hard to read while listening to music if the song got lyrics so I usually pick instrumentals. But with manga or gaming, any kind of music will do. When spotify is wonky and recommending songs not to my taste that particular day, I'd go youtube. YT algorithm is better than Spotify but i like spotify's features more.

P.S. I got the phone connected to a speaker (when at home). I hate it when the music sounds too near.

8. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    These are my go-to youtube stations:

9. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I listen to that too except I also listen to jazzhop cafe or lofi
    I also like some edm.
    Japanes 80s city pop.

10. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    only use mp3 in laptop, i'm not really interesting with those music aps, i usually listen to face to face, bad religion, KoRn, sepultura, soulfly, bio hazard, sick of it all...and bunch of others

11. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like lively vocaloid songs and j songs. I don't really mind when reading since it'd become less noticeable after some time reading. Unless it's a sad scene, I must play the sad playlist.
    I mainly use Spotify because it costs the least, there's daily mixes when I want random familiar songs
    Or play the one song I currently like from YouTube on a loop in my browser so I can put it on background

12. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually listen to Nanahira music while I read, and I either use the mp3 files from CD's I've purchased, or I stream from youtube and youtube music.