Auto adding novel to reading list when reviewed (please remove)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by MyRAMEN, Jul 16, 2021.

1. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: Pretty sure this was a bug. This only happened on the day I posted this forum postwhere about 5ish novels automatically got added to my reading list when I posted a review. I just made another 1 tday and it didn't get added. Not sure why this bug happened. People who also commented here appear to not have this problem, sorry I don't know the circumstances to replicate it.

I noticed this new feauture... might be bug... but please remove it or have an option to turn off (maybe there is already, if there is please tell me). I read a lot and I always write one review, even if it's just a word or few words so I can keep track of every book I read. So it is really annoying getting auto added to reading lists when I review a book.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You've never been able to review/rate a novel if it's not in your Reading List IIRC though...?

3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Eh? Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure you don't have to have it on your reading list, and that it doesn't get automatically added to one.

@runsing tested it a few minutes ago to be extra sure, and we can't even reproduce this.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    AliceShiki likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope! Not sure! I just remembered having this restriction!

Guess it was either removed or me missremembering then~

5. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I checked again myself. Using a dummy account with no special privileges and a short reading list. The novel was not on the list prior to the review, and was not added to the list afterwards. It wasn't bookmarked at all.

Could not reproduce this issue.

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just reviewed another novel tday and it didn't auto add, I see that no1 else has problem either. Not sure why it was doing it, and sorry I don't know the circumstances to replicate it. Pretty sure this was a bug though because it happened to 5ish novels the day I posted this forum post, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't me just adding to reading list and forgetting which was why I made the post. Anyways I'm fine now.

7. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the thing about reviews is that they will list the chapter you were on when you post the review. You didn't mention which novels were supposedly added to your list though if it's within the last 10 reviews you posted and you didn't intentionally add these novels to your reading list, then the only plausible explanation would be that you're clicking the checkbox accidently when clicking on a chapter and that would add the novel to your default reading list.

Unless ofc you're using a PC then there is no explanation. >_>

8. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm.. Since we haven't been able to replicate the issue so far, the most likely explanations would seem to be that you're accidentally adding them to the readling list, or using the site in an unusual way - e.g. through third party apps, or something like that. But if you manage to narrow down a possible cause (e.g. circumstances in which it doesn't and does happen), or anyone else has the same issue, let us know.

9. MyRAMEN

MyRAMEN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prob won't help but these were the novels. I reviewed a total of 6 novels that day, pretty much all near each other as I didn't read that far, and every single one of them auto added it to my reading list once I posted a review. I'm on a Galaxy S21 Ultra Phone. Maybe I did accidently click the checkbox, but I kinda doubt I accidentally did it to all of them, which was why I made the post... But maybe I did cause it does add to reading list but only shows it once page is refreshed.

I Became the Rich Second-Generation Villain

I Became the First Prince

I Became Peerless After I Threw My Whole Paycheck at a Real-Life Gacha

I Became a Sick Nobleman

I Became a Progenitor Vampire

I am the Precious Daughter of the Greatest Villain in the Fantasy World