LCD Past Life Regressor!!! (official translation on Wuxiaworld)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jul 20, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I knew this kind of BS would happen. The author built him up too much to just let him die, no matter how much the story had to be twisted to keep him alive :/

userunfriendly likes this.
  2. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly, i should have expected it with how much the MC has been forced to struggle to do everything BUT manipulate the financial markets. like at this point I am expecting MC to get disemboweled every time he tries to tie his shoes.

userunfriendly and jacobpaige like this.
  3. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    ‘There will be time skips, and eventually he does build up enough to breeze through dungeons. In fact, if it wasn’t for the difficulties editing the battles, I like how the MC had massive problems in the beginning. He will become horribly overpowered later, promise. ;)

The First Evil? Nope, he was never in danger from him. You’ll see. :D

Like all KR novels, sooner or later there a power creep. :eek:

4. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    power creep is the nature of all novels with objective power levels like this. you have to be really creative to keep it interesting. at this point I have seen mc's challenge the gods enough time to think it's a boring trope. especially kn stories. ngl, the true countertrope would be an actual caring benevolent god in one of these stories.

one part of me wishes I had kept writing the RRL story I was doing, eventually the MC's power level was going to get so over the top that instead of challenging and wiping out the gods, he was going to decide to invent cats by giving demons corporeal bodies and then he was going to become the god of cat ladies. boy that would have really pissed off all those guys that had been looking forward to using him as their power fantasy. you thought he was going to get with the super hawt mage chick? nope, he invents cats. you thought he was going to get with the barbarian fighter general woman? nope, he takes up knitting so he can make his cats cute little coats. you thought he was going to get with the dashing thief woman? nope, he learns to say pst pst pst here kitty in 20 different languages.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would he have left the badge behind? Or ever taken it off for that matter?

I wonder if the MC will kill everyone from the chat rooms, or if he'll try to recruit some of them.

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok…:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Actually, the author uses an interesting solution to power creep later. You’ll see. :rolleyes::D:p

:D Not quite sure yet. What’s going to happen to the other pre-Awakened. :D

7. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished the manhwa and I had a blast reading it. I was a bit hesitant to read the novel, but I decided to read it after reading the discussion here. I won't put too much expectations on the dungeon scenes lol anyway, cheers for the translation @userunfriendly!

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's in Korea when Billy goes to murder one of the other Awakened, then how does he expect the normies to handle the situation?

"He first called Yeonhee Woo Director and now he pretended he was a gentleman." I'm not clear on what this sentence is supposed to mean. He never called her Director.

gary0044187 and userunfriendly like this.
  9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Director of the Charitable Mental Health hospital she created. That must have been a part the author didn’t bother putting in, just referenced. Not sure if it’s Korean authors who do that, or this one, but a lot of stuff just gets assumed. That’s why some chapters take forever, as I add text to clarify what’s going on. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jacobpaige likes this.
  10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    A while ago I posted chapter 97. Sun has a problem. My theory is that Sun has
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
    Everything fits. His over-analyzing, his training during the time he skipped, his obsession with the First Evil, even his pathological compulsion to work acquiring more and more wealth. He’s a high functioning one. Wait until you read 97. :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::blobpeek:

11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I just published 4 chapters. I think I will do that in the future: publishing 4 chapters at a time instead of 2

rialm and gary0044187 like this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C89: Why did she train dagger and agility, but not bow? The best way to deal with an enemy is to kill it before it can even reach you.

"she got 3 points to her Explorer stats." What are Explorer stats?

"Yeonhee Woo has given you a ‘Release’ Insignia." Perhaps I'm misremembering the terms of their contract, but aren't her boxes her own? Why would she give her loot to him?

C90: "and the weapon was destroyed if a reinforcement failed." If the Fool's Knife is stupidly rare, and reinforcing it has a chance to destroy it, then its practically impossible for it to have hit S class unless the Third Evil has a luck manipulation skill or something. I really wish the author would think about these things before writing them, or at bare minimum, actually play games with mechanics like these so that he'd understand how insanely low the odds of something like this happening are.

"the second Awakened to succeed in reinforcing an item." Well, that's not a good sign.

C91: If one small business controlled the entire conglomerate, then why would any shareholder of that business ever sell any shares whatsoever to an outsider? Or am I misunderstanding something?

C92: I have to wonder just how abnormal his results were before this that his father doesn't really seem all that shocked...

gary0044187 and userunfriendly like this.
  13. nhatanh

nhatanh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you even know what is the most important thing for shooting weapons? It is the ability to stay calm and make rational judgments. Yeonhee is undoubtedly not capable of that. She just recently trembles in front of monsters and most people would if they are forced to fight against them. I personally believe a knife is a suitable weapon for her. First, it is small and does not require any strength (which she doesn't have many). Second, bow and arrow will hinder her movements a lot. Third, she is a damn HEALER not a DPS for god sake, she carries a dagger in case, the monsters pass MC to attack her. Healer is not supposed to deal damage but to keep her teammates safe so they can PROTECT her. OK?
    Or the 3rd EVIL may receive a special reinforcement stone from the highest grade box which not only increases the chance but also the grade it can be upgraded. The arthor just introduce these so we should wait.
    First reason, tax. Second, why nobody has 100% of the stock of a company? That way they can monopolize the how enterprise. Sun has the money to do it. He didn't because it is not profitable. Outsiders are how they make profit from.
    search gg warren buffet and read his achievement. His parents are not shocked at all about him. What Sun showed his parent is still in the realm of extraordinary genius. Parents may not be that shocked if they know their son is a genius and they have faith in him

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying she shouldn't have a dagger, or that she should be worrying about DPS. I'm saying that she stays well back from the fight, and the best way to deal with anything that gets passed the tank is to shoot it if at all possible. Once that's no longer an option, then she can go for the much, much more dangerous option of stabbing it.

Not really sure what you're trying to say here.

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Practical reasons. So far dungeons have been cramped, with lots of close quarters combat.

Explorer stats, I’m not sure about, I’d have to research past chapters. I think it’s a Trait, and the author is unclear how many Traits you can have, unlike the hard cap on skills. You may not be able to remove Traits, again, the author is unclear. As we’ve seen, Traits are like passive skills, Skills are like active skills. :D

Yeonhee’s contract is to hand over anything and everything she can, like items. She keeps what can’t be handed over to Sun, like points and skills, Traits, and I think insignia. Sun then decides what she gets back, or Sun gives her his drops, so she can survive. Sun just recently gave her a dropped decent E rank dagger, because her spares broke…:eek:

All that Sun knows that the Third Evil reinforced it to S rank. Whether a hidden property of the knife allows it to be reinforced to S rank, or the Third Evil had a luck skill is yet unknown. Because Sun has studied the Evils and Virtues extensively, going so far as to search databases, I think Sun believes that the knife has a hidden ability to resist breaking during reinforcements. He knew the First Evils skills, that’s how he managed to make his guesses on the Devi’s Blade.

I think Sun’s people used whatever methods they had to, following Sun’s instructions. Blackmail, threats, extortion. At these kinds of money, anything goes. Look at Sun and the doctor’s son “negotiations”:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Besides, some of the shareholders might not know what they’re holding. This makes good sense, as your biggest threat would be some of the shareholders getting greedy, and threatening to sell off their shares. Anonymity would have been their best defense. Or I might be missing something. :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

Never underestimate the will and resolve of Korean parents. :D

rialm likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Insignia can be transferred. She gave him two in the most recently released chapters.

spoilers ><

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Right. Forgot. :p:p

18. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bow and arrow is a good weapon for her and she has been practicing. Where did this she can't stay calm stuff come from? She's been doing unbelievably well and so much even the mc is shocked. And in real life a healer has no business only healing. The party protects the healer, but if no one is hurt the should be attacking as well. And to avoid getting hurt a ranged weapon is ideal. A dagger is good as well for self defense, but shouldn't be their only weapon. Though this latest dungeon shows she can be upfront with the mc and may be more efficient this time around.

The mc keeps recalling how terrible it is to go into dungeons and party members are, but are we sure that the mc just didn't have an especially bad time as an awakened. In the mc's shoes I would have tried to make a stable and consistent party of those I could trust similar to what he is doing with his teacher. In fact during the time the world isn't at chaos he should be cultivating talents before things become more desperate. Maybe it says a lot that his only happy memories are when he was teaching and leading young awakened, rather than anyone his own age or equal to him.

And the mc to only now realize he has an advantage due to his memories is shocking.

rialm and userunfriendly like this.
  19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    ‘The latest chapters make the same point. Yep, I’ve reached over chapter 100. :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:

The latest…ok, ditto. :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Um…upcoming chapters…well, we’ll see. Korean mtl is notoriously bad. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I’m starting to edit the chapters where Sun is becoming seriously powerful. About time. :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

Overclock likes this.
  20. ShipTeaser

ShipTeaser Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You certainly do know how to build hype. And don't get me wrong I am enjoying this a lot so far. But it is falling into the trap that almost all these regression takes fall into, in that despite his.overwhelming knowledge advantage to keep the story balanced.others have to get powerful to match when they shouldn't be able to... (Rebirth of the theif that roamed the world was terrible for this)

Although to be fair this doesn't seem.to be applying in the financial circles, which is satisfying... Anyway, looking forward to.seeing how this develops in the next few chapters