Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. riftanmaxicalypse

riftanmaxicalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Ethylene Castle is part of Livadon :)

Max was shaking with embarrassment. Seeing that, Idsilla laughed.

"Actually, It was a play performed by Gu Bin-won's charity event, and It was a huge success beyond expectations! As the lady's story became famous, the palace clowns even developed one and showed it in the royal banquet hall. In Livadon, my lady is almost as famous as her husband."

Max took a firm determination in her heart that she would never go to Livadon until her death. She was surprised at the fact that people had been inflating her acts. Seeing her cry in embarrassment, Idsilla added to comfort her.

"Don't be too embarrassed. I also appear in the play. I even come out as a vicious villain who tricked Mrs. Calypse and dragged her onto the battlefield. When I saw the play in the palace, Elba turned his back on me and said it was an embarrassment to the family…"

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    Mxt, tickytocky and bbly like this.
  2. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would also be fun to see more of Riftan's POV in book 2. I think part of what ticks him off (aside from his sexual frustration) is that there are a lot of men looking at Maxi with admiration.
    Hard to see why there wouldn't. Maxi is gorgeous, and she doesn't see herself that way, since the book is on her POV, there's no mention of affections from others but i bet there are a lot of guys gawking at her.
    Remember how whes absolutely clueless of Riftan doing all sorts of antics to get her attention in book1.

3. moshimoichi

moshimoichi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I LAUGHED SO HARD BWHAHBAHAH

to be fair lots of women throw themselves at riftan, he even finds naked women in his room many times and even the castle calypse maids stare at him. but they probably just want to bone him and riftan's little friend feels nothing except when it's maxi :blobmelt: and maxi has a closer emotional relationship with the men mentioned and any man would find maxi cute, so if i were asked i'd say riftan has more of a reason to be jealous :facepalm: i just hope they talk and both of them realize that they're too crazy for each other to even look at a different person :blobReach:

4. riftanmaxicalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    INDEED :) I remember Sejour Aren and Maxi's first meeting when he told her that she's more lovely/beautiful than he could imagine. Even Yurixion told everyone that Maxi is more lovely than a nymph.

5. sheerankamar

sheerankamar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @jujurlah @GED @riftanmaxicalypse @moshimoichi

I feel like the Remdragon knights treat Maxi like she's their wife because she's Riftan's wife and that she really wnet above and beyond for them and it makes me soooo happy that they consciously show their affection and even Maxi has mentioned before that Hebaron is affectionate towards her but she just doesn't know whether it's voluntarily or not. Knowing Maxi, I don't think she knows that she's being flirted with :LOL::X3:

I can't imagine how Riftan feels when they had to separate at the Demon City and she was spending her time searching with the other knights. I hope there's a POV on that and imagine Kuahel being alone with Maxi hahaha I nearly died at the scene where she forced Kuahel to sit beside her behind the rock when she was spying. Their conversation was so cute.

6. riftanmaxicalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! and Riftan was so pissed and jealous because he thought Kuahel and Maxi were hanging out lol

Mxt and bradpitt69 like this.
  7. bbly

bbly Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so funny! So does Maxi meet up with Idsilla when she was on the expedition in Book 2? The interactions Maxi has with all the side characters make the whole story more wholesome, I love the way the author doesn't just create side characters with no meaning, she always creates purpose and gives them specific characteristics.

Mxt and riftanmaxicalypse like this.
  8. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading this novel almost constantly reminds me of the phrase "loving someone means having to see your heart walking around outside your body"

Thats the core of the Riftan's feelings for Maxi is. The entire reason for his extreme paranoia, and the driving force of his decisions.

Because he will literally die when something happens to her

Honey.Lemon, Mxt, Arifiana and 9 others like this.
  9. Alessiavie

Alessiavie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Everyone!

its nice to finally able to comment in here. i literally create an account for this :D

I am not really into Manhwa or Manga, anyway i am keep seeing the Under the Oak Tree advert in my Instagram and now i am in a hell hole and can't get out LOL, i am so invested in this story. I love both Riftan and Maxi with all their flaws. Their relationship is not perfect, but who is? there is so many communication issues..i hope they would just be more open with each other, and trust each other.
    Anyway, i glad that Riftan is a fictional character, his devotion and care for Maxi...i am starting to unconsciously comparing my hubby to Riftan..Lol, Riftan character setting unrealistic requirement for men everywhere hahaha.

I heard the author is not in good health, i wonder when he/she will coming back, and start to write again.
    if this story is on cliffhanger or sad ending. i might as well burn everything down!!! :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

PS. i wish they make in in the form of book with English translation. i would definitely buy it. I have read all the spoiler scattered in all these pages and really appreciate for those spending time and kind to share it..need more spoilers T_T pretty please..i kinda missed out on the coin thing, not sure when Riftan gave it to Maxi?

again thanks so much for all the spoilers guys, you guys all are heros xoxo :aww::aww::aww:

Reminded me of what Rosetta said to Maxi in Book 1, She is afraid that Maxi would having difficulty to love Riftan, their father really do alot of damage to them, not just physically but more importantly..both of them (Rosetta and Maxi) are also emotionally scarred.

Mxt, bradpitt69, marucalypse and 3 others like this.
  10. tickytocky

tickytocky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Wait isn't this part when she met Idsilla in Osiria? I read a spoiler in page 54 (Idsilla after 3 years & surprising revelation), i thought after the war all the allied forces went to Osiria to distribute the spoilers of war? Now im confused hahaha

riftanmaxicalypse likes this.
  11. riftanmaxicalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right :) It's definitely the part when she met Idsilla after 3 years.

12. jujurlah

jujurlah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its funny how Kuahel just followed through her actions lol
    If Riftan is the husband, the other main RDKs are his boyfriends.
    I enjoyed reading the part where ELLIOT offered maxi to ride the horse with him instead bcos she looks tired and then riftan heard that and told the entire procession to stop and take a rest, after that he commanded ELLIOT to go somewhere :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Edited. It was Elliot!!! Not gabel. AHAHAHAHAHA. SOMEONE NEED TO TAKE NOTES AS SHE READS.

13. tickytocky

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah so am i right then? That after the war, they went to Osiria to distribute the spoils of war?

riftanmaxicalypse likes this.
  14. jujurlah

jujurlah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg. Ahahahaha i shud take notes when i re read.

Mxt likes this.
  15. tickytocky

Reading List:
    Link
    She forced him? :blobfearful: Omg hahahahaha how??! :blobrofl:

16. riftanmaxicalypse

Reading List:
    Link

Speaking of Osiria, that's the place where Riftan got his sword during the sword fighting competition right? Wherein, he joined because of Maxi. I remember, he mentioned in his POV how beautiful the place is. I can't fathom the fact that Maxi's in Osiria. She's the direct descendant of the great Roem Empire after all, I need a Riftan, Hebaron or Kuahel's POV for this:)

From Riftan's POV (Book 1)
    "They gathered their grazing horses and set out on the road to the south. After riding through the wide fields for half a day, a small village appeared before their eyes. There, they took a day to rest and then traveled again for two more days, arriving at the capital of Osiriya, Balbon.

Rfitan’s jaw involuntarily dropped as he witnessed the towering walls of the huge city that was once the capital of the Roem Empire. As they passed through gates so majestic that even a dragon would be able to enter, a wide and clean boulevard that could fit at least six side by side wagons was revealed before them.

His eyes wandered incessantly whilst gripping the horse reins. He had explored the countries of Whedon, Livadon, and Balto, but he had never seen a city as glorious, majestic, and beautiful as Balbon."

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Honey.Lemon, Mxt and tickytocky like this.
  17. reren

reren Member

Reading List:
    Link

It was my most polite Elliot Caron..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mxt and sheerankamar like this.
  18. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A good chapter to translate is
    book1 chapters 179-180. This is when Riftan conceded to the Dude of Croisso.

He's very frustrated because he feels incompetent in protecting Maxi, he feels frustrated that he has to back down on the person that abused his wife, because his power and influence is minimal compared to the Duke.

He said "what's the point of being a celebrated Knight, if I am the hero of Legends, i can't protect you properly, i cant even fight for you,

Maxi in turn tells him, "When was younger, i dreamed of a knight that would save me, i prayed every day. And then you.... you saved me....because of you..... because you believed and treasured me so much. I learned to love myself too.... I want to be better because of you..... i want to be stronger because of you."

Maxi, at this point saw how vulnerable Riftan is, she desperately wanted to be become better and stronger, than anyone else, for him.

Its very hard to translate and find the right words to convey their emotions as both of them are pouring their hearts out to eachother. Their insecurities and fears. Riftan most of all. This is almost at the end of book1, after this is when Maxi decided to go to World Tower to train.
    In book2, she said. She had always known his heart is hers. If not, she wouldn't have the confidence to leave for the tower.

19. sheerankamar

sheerankamar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She sneaked up to them, putting aside the fact that spying on others was not an honourable thing to do. Then, hiding behind a large rock, she pricked her ears.

Isn't it inappropriate for a married man to meet with an unmarried woman alone, avoiding the eyes of people in the first place? As she was rationalizing her actions like that, a blunt voice came from behind her.

"What are you doing in this place?"

Max raised her head with a groan and widened her eyes when she saw Kuahel Leon standing a little further away. He said as he approached her.

"It's fine. There is something my lady needs to check. About the tunnel connected to the basilisk kennel..."

Max snatched the hem of his robe and pulled him as hard as she could behind the rock. However, there was no way that one of the top knights in the Seven Kingdoms could be drawn to her power. He just looked at her with a surprised expression.

Impatient, Max grabbed his arm even worse. Then Kuahel, who had frowned, reluctantly bowed to the back of the rock.

She looked over the rock with scorching eyes, clutching the hem of his robe with both hands to keep him from moving. The two were still standing close and talking. Thousands of fires rose from within. Max bit her lip and unable to overcome her impatience, shook Kuahel's forearm as if urged.

"Can you hear what the two of them are talking about?"

"....."

Max didn't care if there was no reply, but only her eyes, turned on the lights, stared intently and then gritted her teeth.

"Well, something....The atmosphere doesn't seem too bad, doesn't it? The two of them were shy before...."

"More than that...It seems that the distance is a bit close." He muttered bluntly.

Max, who was wrestling with her gaze fixed on the back of the rock, clashed with enthusiasm.

"That right? Do you think the two of them are too close Sir Leon?"

"....."

"Um, what are you talking about....Are they stuck like that? As a priest, don't you think I should say something about that inappropriate sight?"

"If you ask what is inappropriate..."

He shut his mouth to say something. Then Max turned and looked at him. And realizing bright green eyes were staring down at her from just a short distance away, she groaned and released the arm that she was holding.

As the reason, that had been away for awhile, returned, both cheeks heated up. She mumbled the words of apology in a crawling voice.

"Sorry-I'm Sorry. Stop momentarily...."

I love this scene honestly. It was so funny and adorable! :X3:

When I read this chapter, I was just thinking like what the hell was Elliot thinking? Like I know he means well but isn't it a bit too much offering a married lady to sit with him on a horse while her husband is in front? This was like one of the most MaxiXRDK moments ever. Although Elliot did help her when she was trying to have a conversation with Riftan and when he saw Maxi trying to eat with him, he scooted away from his seat and dragged Hebaron and Yuri who were approaching them so she could have her moment. Love it to bits. Like I do enjoy seeing Maxi being flirted by other men than Riftan. Just SO CUTE!

20. tickytocky

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhahahahah maxi oh maxi. Kuahel knew and just played along ahhaha. If im not mistaken, riftan found them behind the rock after that right? Hahaha