Question Reverse harem or nah?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by TotesMyGoats, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Rhyel

Rhyel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I'm not missing the point. I was just thanking you because I liked the sentence and then I just said what I thought ahah. I wasn't reacting to your comment. Though now that I reread myself it does look like so.

2. Hmntlzn

Hmntlzn 9th Mistress_❤

Reading List:
    Link
    well said, Actually I dont care about that... I just feel that I dont like it even if it rooted from prev gen or anything. Its not like I can change it or maybe it can be change :3 -and meehh I dont really need to try to change it *ignore- :v

lol thats true

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2018
  3. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's another one for you then:
    "A pencil that is sharpened often is reduced to nothing. A pencil sharpener that sharpens many pencils is a great tool."

4. nehpets747

nehpets747 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in the animal kingdom, lions sometimes have more than one sex partner to create offspring and the reason is that it kills the weak and the strong lives on. female lions are attracted to strong males because they want their offspring to survive, the male's job is to protect his territory and offspring from other male invaders. There is also a species of a spider who eats the male. But we are not animals, but some people cheat from their wife or husband.

5. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand though. There dozens of novels where the male lead has a polygamy and is cheating on the woman he said he would be with. And the women just mostly accepts it and allows the man to have mutiple women. Such male leads are nothing but assholes in my eyes.
    But why are these mc glorified yet when a woman does it, she us suddenly a bitch.

Mangochic likes this.
  6. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember reading in the spoiler thread there being a reverse harem. But they said MC basically gets engaged with 2 girls who know her real gender and decided to do this to help cover up MC's gender. So technically she gets a harem? LOL

7. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    No harem.

Even though there might be some guys who have protective feelings for Ling Lan, they won't get a chance considering how the ML literally acts like a female tiger guarding cubs (Ling Lan) when they're around. Also how the heck would you be able to beat the universe's no. 1 beauty???? Especially when Ling Lan is Very Susceptible to good looks.

The girls will get paired off with other guys.

Also the person against women in polyandry but ok with men in harems needs to get kicked. If the guys love the same girl who cares who kid she has? That just means they *cough* get to have more fun in bed. The concept of blood lineage is very patriarchal...so that's why I find genuine polyandry more fun than a guy with a bunch of girls.

Also, with 1 girl and no way to know who's kid is who's, there'd be more equality vs. every girl with one guy's kid fighting each other for the guy's attention. The first clause means that all the guys have to be active in raising/protecting the kids bc they don't know who might their kid actually be. :3c

The second means....childhood abuse, trauma, murder, naming children by numbers, why is child number 17 dead in the water?

8. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    No it's not. Ling Lan says many times that she feel of two life age summation. So these boys are almost like her children. Even her feeling to her should-be-dao-companion is something like her younger brother than lover.

Last, while she excels in almost every aspects, her love EQ is about +0.5 - +1.0 point above zero. The author states that several times too.

somnious likes this.
  9. niyoosha

niyoosha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Crossing to the future it's not easy to be a man) is not a reverse harem novel, (most of her friends are boys but there's no romantic interest between them + sometimes I myself would forget that she is a woman )
    And it's also a late and slow romance
    I like it very much and recommend it
    Sorry ,my English is bad

10. SSKF

SSKF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. Some of the characters become really selfish, willful, and are generally selfish human beings. If authors have to devolve characters like that, they usually can't find a balance in this type of genre. I prefer when all characters are respectful towards others' choices.

I guess I just read too many menage novels and the writing in these chinese web novels just cant compare. Lol lol lol.

11. Yuukiyuki

Yuukiyuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Their is no harem in this story. The boys around her is her friends that she treats as a son or something like that. There is a ML but their still no romance even at the 1400+ chapters. The MC is quite dense so their still long way to gofor that to happen. Sorry if there is mis spelling in my reply

12. iwan44

iwan44 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My problem with reverse harems are male characters. They are always a bunch of simps and they look like teen boys which pisses me off. If it were 2 normal dukes competing for the same woman then sure, but as it is in most novels no, I just dont like it. And neither do I like regular harems because it's just a bunch of fan service and it's annoying and makes the story worse, ie. How not to summon a demon lord.

phonebinder likes this.