Spoiler The Villainous Princess Wants to Live in a Cookie House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jan 10, 2021.

1. roastedmilktea

roastedmilktea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. luzerious

luzerious Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she ever go back with her parents or atleast get in touch?

3. MochizukiHitachiin

MochizukiHitachiin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m curious...? will Alyosha the crown prince meet the ogFL and end up together the same as the ogNovel supposed to be?

xpeanut and LaRue like this.
  4. schrodingers25

schrodingers25 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I thought about this too honestly.

I believe in the manhwa, and I may have misinterpreted this, that the Aisha mentions that even commoners had a chance for the throne if their spirits were very powerful (though I doubt that they would do that, but instead made them a noble instead or something), so if someone was already a noble and they summoned a very strong spirit that it would place them in the line-up for the throne.

Though with nobles in real-life, most of them are related in some way or another, no matter how distantly. Then, with royalty for a long time they practiced marrying close cousins (I'm not even going to talk about the branch that died off due to how incest was going on within it, bc I don't want to think about anymore than what I already am bc of this), so I wouldn't put it off for them to do the same, but it seems like so far the matter of marriage between first cousins is off the table for them fortunately. This is bc the matter hasn't been brought up so far (though I want to say that I've only read the manhwa and not the novel) and Karnov's family is talked about like they are separate from the main branch of the family and, more importantly, they don't have any of the princes from Aisha's father's generation within it (what I'm getting at is that Karnov's father isn't Aisha's Uncle, which would make them first cousins).

However, this doesn't mean the two of them couldn't be related any closer past the point of first cousins, so they could still be second or even third cousins. So yeah..... do with that as you will.

My Attempt at Explaining First, Second, Third, and so on Cousins (aka Family Relationships) for Those Who Need It:
    (Side note: For this explanation I'm going to use "you" and Aisha as the main point here (as you need a point in the family tree to focus on), since we know who her grandfather is, whereas the identity of Karnov's isn't known, and he is also the Emperor, which would make explaining things easier.
    Though this is probably easier if you look up on google images "cousin chart"/"family relationships chart"/etc., than me trying to explain it here, as the visual helps tremulously and can also explain how the whole "once removed" or "twice removed" works, which I'm not really going to touch here.

Okay, so first of all, the cousins born (roughly) within the same generation as you (in this case Aisha) are going to be your first cousins, second cousins, third, forth, fifth, ..., etc. So Aisha, Alex, Karnov, and the other cousins we have seen around their age would fall into the same generation.

I'm going to include different explanations/definitions instead of just one, as I feel it's easier to understand as a whole and/or if you have trouble getting what one explanation is supposed to mean, then hopefully one of the other ones would be easier to understand.

- First Cousins: The child of your aunt/uncle.
    First cousins share grandparents, counting back two generations to their shared ancestors.
    - Second Cousins: The child of your's parent's first cousin.
    Second cousins count back three generations to their great-grandparents.
    - Third Cousins: N/A.
    Third cousins count back four generations to their great-great-grandparents.

I think for this part I'm going to refer back to where a family member would have been in the main territory (I'm going to refer to it as MT) in the family tree to fight for the spot for the throne (aka the crown prince/ss position), though Aisha and her first cousin's sorta got bumped up here due to their grandfather's actions so they're sorta a special case here, and for to make it easier to understand from here under, when I refer to Emperor/Empress, I mean who would have been ruling then as either the great-grandparent or great-great-grandparent and yeah (when I say A's Emperor, I mean Aisha's grandfather bc I couldn't remember his name). I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well.

Okay Let's Begin:
    - First Cousins:
    So Aisha and Alex share the same grandparent, A's Emperor, and their parents are brothers (and Uncles to either Aisha and Alex). This can go for all of Aisha's other cousins that are the children of Aisha's Uncles who are brothers of her father, making them all first cousins. Karnov doesn't apply here.

Aisha/Alex/their other first cousins (MT) -> Their fathers (Former MT) -> Their grandparent (A's Emperor)

- Second Cousins:
    If Aisha and Karnov shared a great-grandparent, then Karnov's grandparent would have been the King's sibling and didn't make it in the line-up for the throne. This scenario would be in the case if they were second cousins. There are no other known second cousins (at least ones that anyone bothered to remember).

Karnov -> Karnov's parent -> Karnov's grandparent (Former MT) -> Their great-grandparent (Former Emperor/Empress)
    Aisha (MT) -> Aisha's parent (Sorta Former MT) -> A's Emperor (Winner of Former MT) -> Their great-grandparent (Former Emperor/Empress)

- Third Cousins:
    If Aisha and Karnov shared a great-great-grandparent, then Karnov's great-grandparent didn't make it in the line-up for the throne. This scenario would be in the case if they were third cousins.

Karnov -> Karnov's parent -> Karnov's grandparent -> Karnov's great-grandparent (Former MT) -> Their great-great-grandparent (Former Emperor/Empress)
    Aisha (MT) -> Aisha's parent (Sorta Former MT) -> A's Emperor (Winner of Former MT) -> Aisha's great-grandparent (Former Emperor/Empress) -> Their great-great-grandparent (Former Emperor/Empress)

Then this pattern would continue down this line (largely based on grandparents), onto fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. cousins. So, the reason why I decided to go more in depth with this, is because this game of titles and relations can be rather confusing and the terms get mixed up very easily.
    I think explaining this also helps to back up my theory that with how established (ie at least somewhat separated from the royal family instead in terms of blood) and well-known by its own name, that Karnov's family is. If they were that close, the last names should be the same as Aisha's and the family may not have as much time to establish a very strong foundation that high society would not immediately associate the family with the royal family (though marrying into other families help, but I feel society cares more about the type of connections they can get from someone).
    Though I don't think Karnov is that distant a cousin either, again, even though his family does have its own identity separate from the royals, it is still a dukedom if I'm not wrong, which is the rank below the royal family and is the rank that most royals who lose the throne end up taking, though (depending on the story and it seems that what I'm going to say is going to apply to this one) there are certainly dukedoms that are belonging to royalty and to just other nobles (but again, most nobles share blood with each other). And the vibe that I was given while reading the manhwa was that if Karnov didn't have the powerful spirit that he had (the Spirit of Time), it didn't sound like he would have been considered as a potential heir to the throne.
    In short, while Karnov's family is distant enough from the royal family to have its own individuality, no known former prince/ss in the family history that's close enough to this current time and generations to brought up in conversations (even casually), doesn't have the same or similar last name (I can't remember how that works in this novel, but I mentioning it here just in case it is), and did not seem to have anyone to have been in the line-up initially before Karnov made his contract with his spirit. However, his family is close enough to Aisha's in the way that he belongs to a dukedom that is just a step down from royalty (sometimes quite literally), he was allowed to become Alex's friend and meet with him quite often (I'm not sure if their friendship started before or after Karnov's coming-of-age summoning ceremony ), they have that strong standing in society that can be hard to obtain and maintain (especially with nobles), and I'm not sure if the current King would have been that willing to even name Karnov as a potential heir if he was too distant down the family tree line.

So, I would place that after the fourth cousin stage and so on, but probably not too much further from that.

Again, a good deal of this is my own opinion and feelings, and can't really be based on much fact, as there is not much that has been given to us at this point (and may never will be). One thing I do know for sure is that they aren't first cousins at the very least, but its the only thing we have going for us rn.

5. canatwin

canatwin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god guys it's ok everyone takes any mention of potential incest in these stories too seriously IT'S OK LOL

I'm not saying incest is good or anything and don't want to dwelve too deep into it but they're most likely not super closely related (2nd cousin once removed at most probably, that's like on average 1.6% shared DNA if anyone's so concerned). The narrative of adopted or step siblings who grew up together in a sibling context getting together is significantly more incestuous than 2 strangers distantly related getting together it's o k a y y y y y y y

Karnov's grandmother and Aisha's grandfather IIRC aren't cousins and the two families don't seem related at that level yet so Karnov and Aisha are probably 2nd cousin once removed at the most if it makes anyone feel better

Karnov and Alexei don't even call each other brother it's or anything if that helps make the genetically focused crowd feel any better. A dukedom can still have a place on the next on the succession list that list can get wild.

ANYWAY, ON TO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS LOL

Suuuuuuper healing story! The majority of the story is more slice of life than anything else. Karnov and Aisha have a super cute and bantery relationship with each other and pretty much everyone revolves around Aisha lol. Here are some moments I particularly enjoyed and some questions I remember people asking:

At one point Aisha goes to visit her parent and ends up visiting them every year around the same time. There's a moment I actually cried because her parents see all that she's accomplished and can do now in a well off environment and feel like they selfishly prevented Aisha from all of that because they left. Aisha on the other hand is devastated that they feel like that, because they're the ones who showed her the beauty in the world, and would always give her all the good things they would get and neglect themselves. It's a very tearjerking and heartwarming loving family moment!!

With the money Aisha made, she has a mansion built nearby for them so they can move out of the sad house they live in. Also, now that Aisha has the Spirit of Sense/Perception, she can tell that her mom is a fucking MONSTER in strength. Her mom had wanted Aisha to experience different things and thought that going to the palace would be good for her, but if she had truly wanted to, she could have singlehandedly defeated all the knights that came that day lol
    Y'all I laughed so hard. He basically came back as Knight Commander because his thought process was "I can't possibly show up in front of my granddaughter unemployed!!!!!!!" But it totally backfired when Aisha avoids him because she doesn't want to put out any potential political movement against Alexei. They eventually get closer lol meanwhile the emperor is just, heh, MY granddaughter who cares for me, while the Commander is just like "!!! SHE'S MY GRANDDAUGHTER TOO!!!!"
    Aisha frees Evan so he becomes a commoner and he ends up joining the knights kind of in Aisha's attempt to get him healthy. He has prasti/whatever the fuck it'll be translated to and has shut down all his emotions, so Aisha is trying her best to feed him and get him active to help get it out. He doesn't have anything he wants really so just goes along with it to her consternation.
    He's part human. His... grandmother? Mother? shit I don't know. I think it's grandmother. Basically the leader of the Noctis Elves fell in love with a human and they were together. She really wanted to have a child with him and used a prasti seed or whatever it is that the Noctis Elves watch over but it took a lot out of her, and when she woke up after a dangerous birth, the elves around her told her that her baby died. Secretly they got rid of the child by giving it to a human or something? I forget if Evan is that child's child or that child..... The irony is that Evan became a war slave because of the war that the leader started after the rage of losing her child.

Long story short she dies after the prasti takes over her body but she sees Evan and realizes who he is, and he tells her that he's happy now with his family (Aisha and co.)

Jazzing my hands cause I'm too lazy to go more into detail sorry lol

He's not really a 2nd ML but Aisha's family. The Knight Commander basically takes care of him after he "joins" the knights (aka basically starting off as like... idk squire or whatever the equivalent of a knight intern is lol) and he completely sees him as another grandchild like Aisha.
    I forget if someone mentioned it already, but Karnov's spirit isn't the Spirit of Death, but the Spirit of Time. When Aisha tells him this, it's a really heart-tugging scene where he goes back and stands in a field and unleashes his power. Everything turns into dust.

And then everything blooms into flowers.

It's not a power of death, but a power of life.
    For this to make sense make sure to read the big spoilers in the Evan spoiler section!

When the Noctis Elf Leader lost her child, she was filled with rage against the world. She spread out the prasti seeds kind of? somehow? (there're 5 total, 1 she used to get pregnant), and one of them was in Aisha. The story Aisha saw in her past life is actually a timeline that happened. The prasti seed basically took over her body and became the villainess Anastasia. Phoebe didn't have the power to do anything about it and could only watch the fake going around.

It ultimately culminates in Phoebe and Karnov's spirit, the Spirit of Time, working together to go back in time to when the prasti seed is placed in Aisha. Phoebe then purifies the prasti seed before it takes over Aisha. You'll notice Aisha went "I can't even remember if it was a novel or a movie" when thinking about what she thought was a story, and later thinking "Oh my god I think it was a movie because their entrance (Alexei and the Emperor's appearance at the Spirit Ceremony) is so impactful/familiar." That was actual foreshadowing that it was neither and something her body actually saw/experienced in the reversed timeline. The manhwa shows this less compared to the novel but those moments iirc are still there!

But yeah Phoebe's power drainage is because of all the power expended to save Aisha in the regression.

Also Phoebe is a vengeful mean bird to anyone not Aisha and I love it LOL

Almost every encounter with Fafnir is Fafnir crying "ALEXEEIIIIIIII SOB ALEXXXXEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" and Phoebe yelling "STOP TALKING TO MY CHILD YOU DARE HAH YOUR CHILD STILL CAN'T HEAR YOU HAH"

Turning back time by 10 years is NOT a small feat. It takes years before Karnov's spirit can finally materialize in front of Karnov as an adult man, and his spirit cries in apology for not having been able to talk to him all those years and letting him misunderstand that he wasn't the Spirit of Death leading to all the negativity and fear he gets from other people.

Phoebe and Aisha walk in on this and Phoebe starts sobbing like crazy at finally seeing him materialized. It's suuuper sweet and promptly turns super funny. Karnov's spirit, who initially appeared as an adult, ends up "popping" into a 5 year old due to the power drainage similar to Phoebe. Full form is still too much for him to maintain for a while.

Phoebe.

Starts.

Hysterically.

CACKLING.

"I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!!!! THERE'S JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD!!! HOW CAN I BE LIKE THIS [tiny chick] BY MYSELF THE UNFAIRNESS WAS TOO MUCH BUT NOW!!!!!"

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

His spirit actually looks like a 5 year old Karnov with black hair and purple eyes, so he ends up takingthe form of a black chick similar to Phoebe so they can avoid awkward questions lol. Karnov names him Kairos.
    So at one point Aisha and Karnov realize that for people to hear their spirits, they have to also want to really use their spirits ability.

...They stare at each other and think well shit, Alexei's going to need to want to burn the world down to hear Fafnir...... He's not going to hear Fafnir anytime soon...

Towards the endish of the main story Aisha's hands are cold and Alexei wishes he could warm her hands up. Fafnir warms her up and makes a sound or something and then Alexei is like... huh?

Aisha and Fafnir freeze and are like...... oh?

Fafnir, in contrast to his normally loud crying state, squeaks out in a really tiny voice, "...Alexei?"

Alexei, "...Fafnir?"

Fafnir,

"............................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

Basically Alexei wanting to be able to warm up Aisha's hands lead to him being able to Fafnir's voice.

Aisha, "If I'd known that was the case I'd have jumped into the lake myself..."

Alexei "NO."
    Phoebe "NO PEACH NO."
    Shamal (Emperor's Spirit) "ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE THE OLD OAK (Emperor) FALL."

Shamal happened to be nearby when he felt Fafnir or something like that lol.

Side note, Aisha actually did fall into a lake at one point. She and Karnov were having a boat ride and when Karnov went to pull out a handkerchief, an envelope fell into the water. Aisha saw that it was important to Karnov and tried to get it, leading her to falling into the lake. Karnov freaks out and goes after her and ultimately they find out they were in an area that only went up to like their waist LOL. Karnov gets into kind of trouble for this later since everyone is wildly concerned about Aisha, especially since she gets sick every year.

Fafnir ends up taking the form of a small red chick and Aisha's just like........ people are going to ask if I have a hobby of raising birds now...
    Like someone mentioned earlier, Karnov waits until she's of age before he confesses to her. When Alexei is kind of jokingly ribbing him about the empty duchess seat (anyone with eyes knows that Karnov like's Aisha lol), Karnov says that that seat will be empty for another 6 years at the very least (the number of years before Aisha turns of age).

When she's legal, Karnov takes out the envelope that had fallen into the lake That One Time. With Kairos' power, he was able to restore it to its previous condition before it was damaged by the water. It's actually a written promise from Aisha for one wish/promise for him with a 10 year (or something) expiration. He takes it out and tells her what he wants is for her to answer him truthfully, without any consideration of any other factors, Alexei, the emperor, her parents, etc.

He asks her if he could be her first dance for the rest of their lives. During Aisha's coming of age ceremony, the emperor was originally slated to be her first dance, Alexei her second, and Karnov her third. Or something like that. The emperor actually ends up calling her parents to be her first dances and it's SOOOOO FRIGGIN HEARTWARMING. But Karnov gets pushed like way back LOL.

Aisha slowly realizes what he means and it gets pretty messy when I think (IIRC) somehow things twisted around and finally for some reason, Aisha was the first one to actually confess and says she likes him LOL

That's not even the end of it honestly. The main story ends with them getting together and her opening up her cafe. The side story focuses on the afterward including proposal and marriage.

They're having a picnic or something with friends and Karnov is washing his hands in the river when Aisha deadass just. "Want to get married?"

Karnov falls into the river LOLLLLL. There are various other shenanigans but at one point Karnov even loses his powers momentarily for a bit because of the emotional shock. Whenever someone learns that Aisha just. proposed. like that. They're similarly. ...

LOL

Phoebe's reaction, on the other hand, is to start yelling at Karnov, as Phoebe does to anyone not Aisha, "OH WHAT WHAT'S SO SURPRISING HUH WERE YOU NOT GOING TO MARRY HER WERE YOU JUST PLAYING AROUND WITH HER YOU SON OF A BITCH"

Phoebe and Karnov are actually a really funny pair. At one point when there's an unknown fruit, Karnov just has zero shits to give.
    "Could it be poisoned? Phoebe, here try it."
    "YOU SON OF A BITCH. YOU'RE NOT EVEN ENGAGED YET AND YOU'RE TREATING ME LIKE THIS!!!!!"

In general all the spirits are super protective and proud of their human (and Aisha). The spirits' relationships with each other are pretty funny. Kairos and Phoebe are always bickering about their kids. Shamal at one point when Aisha got hurt was all huffing like "That damn Phoebe, always preening about being a great spirit. The heck was that damn bird doing letting the peach (Aisha) get hurt."

Anyway after some more shenanigans I'm too lazy to get into right now, Aisha and Karnov get married. Their first night...
    Their first night culminates with them getting stupidly competitive over a game and playing that game until the morning. Aisha starts laughing like what the heck oh my god and Karnov internally is like I. HOW LONG DID I WAIT FOR THIS. FOR THIS. Holds head. LOL
    The side stories end with a glimpse of a few years down the line, they have an older daughter and younger son who look just like Aisha and Karnov respectively.

God that was so long my arms hurt lol

Overall I really enjoyed this novel and am looking forward to seeing everything in the manhwa!!! Oh one last thing before I forget!

The OG FL ends up kind of getting discovered as a super talented artist and is adopted into a famous artist family. She and Alexei do meet but there's no romance between them. Aisha was kind of wondering/fretting about them at one point but Phoebe was like just let it be, things are what they are, and there's ultimately no mention of who Alexei ends up. Even in the small portion five years later it's focused on Aisha, Karnov, and their kids with no mention of who he marries.

Hope you all enjoyed the spoilers! Let me know if I got anything wrong it's been a few weeks since I read it already haha

6. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @canatwin thank you for sharing a super long spoilers :aww: Phoebe and Karnov's interaction is super funny, now I am also looking forward to its webtoon version. Thank you so much again :blobmelt:

Yuukiyuki likes this.
  7. MochiPark

MochiPark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @schrodingers25 thank you for explaining it to me for educating me.even tho it was probably uncomfy to you:blobReach: thank you again :blobicecreamlove:

8. The cheerful otaku

The cheerful otaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This manhua seems interesting :):):):)

9. killuu

killuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for this massive spoiler :aww:

Eminakahs likes this.
  10. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU so much for the spoilers! Your comments made me giggle as I read it lol

If someone has the MTL of the novel, I'd really love to get a copy.

Eminakahs likes this.
  11. FouH

FouH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, why is Evan given to Aisha? And Is there spoiler on their first meeting? Why didn't Evan have a name before meeting her?

Villainess_lovers likes this.
  12. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for sharing... So that's why Phoebe suddenly became chick, and here I thought it is because of Aisha's wish:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Eminakahs and lan2001h like this.
  13. Whenever

Whenever Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the massive spoiler i was grateful for every bit of it. Just curious, do you remember when the rest of them knows Aisha spirit Phoebe has a physical form? Is Phoebe not a greater spirit than shamal and fafnir like he claims? Will there be any villainess or villain in this story? I hope not its too sweet i hope it remained that way.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  14. duchessrin

duchessrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello! can you pls share the raws?

15. Lumella14

Lumella14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! Seriously, Phoebe takes the cake being that mean friend who's always protective of Aisha HAHA

MiserableSOUL likes this.
  16. Eunieberry

Eunieberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I know someone who’s interested and she’s asking if it would be alright for her to see the Raws?

AnniePoo likes this.
  17. FouH

FouH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BTW does Evan NOT have a guardian spirit? I mean yeah, he's hybrid and have a living parasite inside him and stuff, but does he have one?

im_trash42 likes this.
  18. Meri

Meri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is awesome! Thank you!

19. Orphan Crippler

Orphan Crippler Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so the MC literally only sees her parents once a year? And the mother just let the knights take her? I know they were living in poverty but that really doesn’t sit well with me

Sora27 and magical_al00 like this.
  20. FouH

FouH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone give me more spoilers about Ivan/ Evan? Like the progress of his platonic relations to Aisha?

AnimeHuntress likes this.