Resolved Help with translating Chinese idioms and etiquettes of speech

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by AsHleYMaaaa08, Jul 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. AsHleYMaaaa08

AsHleYMaaaa08 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Greeting! Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to translate this paragraph since I not so adept when it comes to translating the etiquette of speech in Chinese historical novels, and my research also bear no fruit when it comes to those phrases: “朕以菲德,嗣承祖宗洪业,先后二十有四年矣,图惟治理,夙夜靡宁,恒惧不终于治……皇九子云琼岐嶷颖异,令德天成,宜嗣皇帝位……嗣皇帝尚在冲龄,正宜专心典学,昭王祯茂质英姿,逸群绝伦,著摄政监国,军国政事,悉亲承予之训示裁度施行……诏谕中外,咸使闻知。”

I've been struggle with this paragraph for a while, although I do understand some of those idioms, it doesn’t flow smoothly when it’s constructed into a paragraph…

2. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I, while lacking ability, am fortunate to inherit this great country from the ancestors. It has been 24 years since I became the Emperor. During this time, I want to develop this country, working day and night without rest. I am afraid something unforseen may happen to me. Ninth Prince, ... Has outstanding talent, and great fortune given by heaven, is best suited to be crown Prince. However, he is still young, and should concentrate on his studies. King Zhou ... Is mature and skilled beyond the norm, should be named Regent, taking care of the country's governing, teaching the Crown Prince in leading the country. I let this be known to people here and abroad, so everyone can be aware of my intentions.

LiLi041, nyamachi, KazeYuki and 3 others like this.
  3. AsHleYMaaaa08

AsHleYMaaaa08 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there! I am really grateful for your help since I’ve been stuck on how to translate this paragraph for quite a while (∩^o^)⊃━☆