Picked Up Reincarnated as the Emperor ~can the newborn emperor survive?~

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Gitami, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 転生したら皇帝でした~生まれながらの皇帝はこの先生き残れるか~
    Raw Link:
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6066gi/
    NU Link:

Why It Should Get Picked Up: It's a slow burn novel (with necessary time jumps) that set the pieces for revenge. The author has a deeper interest in history than other webnovels. He may have looked at actual court intrigue to shape his story and depictions of aristocratic powerplays.

The MC's thinking and actions are logically explained.

I am impressed at how he has to play the role of uneducated foolish boy Emperor while manipulating his enemies into position or risk being assassinated.

Chapter 46
    A breakaway territory repeatedly trounced the armies of the two scheming Dukes, so they are reluctant to continue the campaign, they are more interested in defeating the other duke instead of wasting their soldiers here. Doing so would give the break away region time to build up their vast wealth and military powers. (It is a similar textile industry region as Antwerp in the Renaissance period.)

The boy manages to finagle a tour of the empire from his handlers and able to approach the frontline - one of the Duke's army choosing to butcher an enemy village to impress the boy emperor and hollering about their victory over an enemy army.

The day after arriving, and the boy willfully staying the night to see a battle. The nobles indulging the fool as they are no where near the actual front line and thus not in danger themselves.

"Why didn't the enemy come so we can see a battle?"
    "They fear coming because the elite soldiers of the Empire makes their resistance impossible." The baron said then he laughed loudly.
    The army here were not Empire soldiers but the duke's. In other words, his private army.

"Then it won't be long until the federation's destruction."

Because of my single sentence the present mood stagnated.
    The baron realized he said too much and became silent as he glanced at the Duke's countenance.

You got too full of yourself so it became like this.
    But more than this and I risk myself.

"We don't understand so we'll leave it to the duke."
    "As you will."

I absolutely do not agree with their desire to get out of here. I can not allow them that.

"Speaking of which, this is our firat time seeing the battlefield, we like it. From now this hill will be called Karmanff hill."
    "Ha... your majesty's name? ... On this hill!"
    The nobles stare slack jawed.
    An emperor's name would only be used for important sites, like the capital Kardlno.

It was the first Emperor's name, in other words this is a matter of prestige.

If this hill was taken by the enemy then the Emperor would lose his face.
    So even if mistaken it should not be used on such a small hill or this close to the border.
    "This is a image of our victory. It must be told to the surrounding people."

Because my mood has improved so I named this place after myself... that was normal and natural. Also the emperor was a uneducated boy so he wouldn't understand the concept of prestige, so this declaration wasn't unnatural.

The duke can not abandon this hill.
    If he hands this hill bearing the Emperor's name to the enemy then his own prestige would slip.

This would be the perfect ammunition for the other duke.

Of course my prestige would slip too. There is nothing more embarrassing than losing land bearing one's name.

If a puppet emperor has any prestige.

"How about building a castle here one day? Or a palace is fine too!"

Now I have a reason to return to inspect this place. The duke has no choice but to risk keeping his army here.

At the same time the Golden Sheep merchant backers of the federation can not send their forces to the central continent (The first stop for a triangle trade of slaves, raw cottons, and weapons).

At the same time the federation lords who lost land to the duke will realize they are here to stay and will question the Golden Sheep's strategy of retreating and waiting for the dukes to leave.

I would accomplish my original goal of tying the Golden Sheep down that sent the two dukes here in the first place.

Description (if you can find one):

Born as the Emperor. This would be a accomplished person's life. On the Eastern Continent only one person can claim the title. Sit on high and live a successful breezy life. Impossible, impossible.

The previous Emperor grandfather, and the crown prince father were assassinated by the nobles. To the nobles who want a easy to manipulate puppet and a easy to dispose sacred cow, that is the role of the eighth emperor Karmanff.

The Emperor was not given a satisfactory education as the empire is collapsing in the nobles' squabble for power. The treasury is empty, the empire is unable to stop foreign meddling, and regions declare independence. Anyone knows this country is a candle in the wind.

But no one knows this puppet would become the "father of the Empire's Renaissance", "High Emperor", and "the Greatest Emperor in History."

And he is a reincarnator.

This is the often seen other world reincarnation, an impossible to win story.

nyamachi and Wujigege like this.
  2. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, looks interesting. A European setting, probably equivalent to around the 1700's?

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Blushy

Blushy 【Procrastinator】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll do a teaser and see where to go from there :)

4. shiro3001

shiro3001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what your tl group

5. Blushy

Blushy 【Procrastinator】

Reading List:
    Link
    shiro3001 likes this.
  6. Blushy

Blushy 【Procrastinator】

Reading List:
    Link
  7. LightNovelReaderz

LightNovelReaderz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds a bit like Herscherik. I've been reading it and so far, the MC seems to lack modern knowledge and strategy compared to Herscherik.