Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. sheerankamar

sheerankamar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the POV already, I was just thinking because Riftan's mother avoids him because he looks exactly like his father so I thought there could be a possibility that his father has a mysterious secret. I've already read all of his POV but I admit I don't reread Riftan's POV because it's too heavy for me to reread again, it's so painful and sad and bitter. Like when I read Book 1, about what happened to Maxi, I couldn't even sleep for a few days and I almost stopped reading the book completely. I just can't bring myself to actually reread his POV because it's too damn heartbreaking. These damn books would be drowning in my tears. It was just a speculation since Riftan's father is sort of giving me the eerie vibes, so much I want to know about his father like that can't be it right plus there were clues about Riftan not being a human, it's strange when you think about it even though Ruth already confirmed he's 100% human but why is he so OP?

2. reren

reren Member

Reading List:
    Link

yess...when he said " i want to be hair"

bradpitt69 likes this.
  3. cccuriosity

cccuriosity New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Y0jik0 thank you very much for your help (thanks to @jujurlah too). I appreciate it very much and I will do what you recommend.
    Yes, I was reading book 2 and I finished it in the break, but the page where I read disappeared and I did not know if the author continued while I looked for another place to read the novel. Now I can see that the pause continues.

Y0jik0 likes this.
  4. moshimoichi

moshimoichi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i also keep wondering what's up with riftan's superhuman abilities,,,

-he once stated that he could hike for three days and nights without rest
    -he gets up before dawn (5-6 am) and returns at or after midnight (12 am) so the fucker has 6 hours of sleep at most
    -riftan is a HUGE 6'4 muscular guy but all of his fighting scenes describe him as being agile and fast. not a lot of bulky guys can handle being nimble, let alone do it while wearing riftan's armor
    -as far as i know he received no formal training as a mercenary and yet 4 years into his work he had already been the best in his group. even as he was ordained as a knight he managed to outskill everyone. it can be assumed that riftan is a naturally gifted fighter/swordsman
    -one thing i barely see anyone talking about is how AMAZING riftan is with tracking and weather prediction. the RDK state that riftan is never wrong with preparations because riftan knows whether it will rain or snow etc. he is also good with directions and tracking down monsters. he even managed to find a lost maxi once
    -the guy is also getting good at political and social strategies in book 2, and even managed to outstatus the duke. judging from medieval media like GOT and LOTR the nobility are all about plots and schemes so it's impressive how riftan managed to maneuver through this (given that he hates nobles)​

all in all, the guy is a monster. it's alright if the explanation for this is just "oh that's just how he is" but it would be cool if we find out that he has a secret lineage or something :O

i also wonder on what everyone's thoughts on maxi's secret talents? she has proven to be talented and skillful as well

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  5. theCalypse

theCalypse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I finally create an account here after regularly visited this forum and really enjoyed re-read every spoilers:blobsmilehappy:

I think Riftan is OP because his challenging life and his giant physique since early ages. The big build probably related to his father? (I haven't discovered any detailed description about it tho)

Don't forget Elliot in Book 1 when he found Maxi during Riftan match with one of Whedon Royal Knight. The one that made Riftan ended the match and rushed to them because Maxi holding Elliot's arm :blobjoy:

6. sheerankamar

sheerankamar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, it's hard to believe that he's normal because his abilities and skillset far exceeds normal men. Like I understand that he was brought up in a harsh environment but is no one wondering that he joined the mercenary when he was 12? LIKE 12 YEARS OLD.

7. Butterfly_sama

Butterfly_sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, I think I messed up in this part :blobsweat_2:
    Thanks for pointing that out. Going to re-read the novel again when I have spare time.

8. emptycan_princess

emptycan_princess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    12 years in medieval era is consider nearly adult. i've read in some history, that in arabia country hundred years back, a 18 YO could already lead as commander in battlefield. so yes, they were probably start the training since age 12. and when Riftan start as mercenaries, he probably just as a helper. and learn how to do it properly. and offcourse, since at that time he doesnt have reason to live, that what makes him unfearful to almost anything. cmiiw :blob_grin:

sheerankamar likes this.
  9. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the whole chapter. Just the last part of chapter 44 Riftan POV
    Riftan here is under a strong hallucination magic, its a magic resulted in defeating the snow golem. Like an after effect of it dying.
    In the hallucination, Riftan saw his dead mom in the cave and he was losing his will to stay alive. At one point, he saw Maxi in the snow reaching out to him.
    He then woke up to see Ruth beside him and the rest of the Knights. They realise they are very close to meeting the red dragon. The snow golem is like the last battle before the boss fight.
    Let's go back to where the expedition is, Captain. Lets defeat the dragon and go home."

" home... "
    Riftan repeated the word quietly.

Hebaron approached the Knights and gave instructions to get themselves ready.

Riftan looked at the snowy field again, as he stepped over it, his footprints are clearly marked. As he was looking down, he suddenly realized that he was clutching something tightly and opened his left hand.
    At first he couldn't figure out what it was. After a while he realized that it was a shabby cast iron crown that he had never been able to hand to her as a child. The darkened rings crumbled to white.

Riftan looked at it with a blurred gaze, and scattered the remains of the hallucinations on the snow. With that, he said goodbye to the fantasies he had cherished in his heart for so many years.

"i don't wonder around in my dreams anymore.."
    He licked his lips. She doesn't exist in that place. She only exists is reality.

He felt something burning in his chest. He touched his cold lips. The cold kiss they shared on the hallucination seemed to still remain on them.
    " I'll stop taking comfort in dreams now.."

He then remembered the kiss stained with tears and sweat that he actually shared with her. In reality, she is soft, hot and pulsating that his tongue burns. Looking down at his empty palms, Riftan closed his hand to a fist.

" i don't need fantasies anymore. If i survive this battle, this time, i will get to know the real you..."
    "even if my heart is shattered.."

Snowflakes are shattered at the sudden gust of wind.
    Riftan, looking at the lonely landscape, stepped forward to the Knights waiting for him.
    -end of POV-
    *** Insert badass soundtrack here ***

10. meeowmeeow

meeowmeeow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ykno, I really wished the author didn’t stop there. I wished the ending is after he slayed the dragon and meeting Maxi again, really wanted to know his feelings seeing Maxi again :cry:

Mxt, bradpitt69, Alessiavie and 3 others like this.
  11. moshimoichi

moshimoichi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH GOD I HATE THE DUKE SO MUCH. no amount of words can describe how badly i want satan to suplex maxi's father into the deepest depths of hell.
    the fact that he excused his beatings by calling it "discipline", even pointing out that if he was really abusive he wouldn't have had maxi healed everytime. OFCOURSE he'd have maxi healed. the duke cared about reputation so much, it would cause rumors to see his eldest daughter walking around with bruises. the duke was looking out for his own image, not for maxi.

12. Mikan101

Mikan101 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why do people think Riftan r*p*d Maxi?

bradpitt69 likes this.
  13. tickytocky

tickytocky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont worry, the author is back this year. I believe she will give that waste of oxygen the worst way possible to die :blobangery:

Mxt, bradpitt69 and Elfstress like this.
  14. reren

reren Member

Reading List:
    Link

Me too, why people think of that? hhmmm..i did not remember that on Book 1/ Book 2. It was the duke to push Riftan to marry Maxi because he wanted to avoid to go to Red Dragon subjugation. CMIIW

Someone on discord said it is possible if the author to comeback on Dec 31, 2021 11.59 pm, but i hope not. :(:(

15. meepmedicine

meepmedicine Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People thinks Riftan rap*d Maxi because he was very rough, inconsiderate and push through it despite Maxi's objection to have sex on their wedding night.

That wedding night, as written in the first few chapters, Maxi was clearly clueless and feared for her life. She did not know what "marital duty" (sex lol) was, she didn't want to go close to Riftan, and she was very very very scared of Riftan. All she knows is she needs to do what is coming or her father would hit her, abandon her or even kill her. So despite the obvious fear in her heart, she clinged to her dear life and submitted to her father's order.

Riftan on this side, did not want this marriage either. He's clearly in a very difficult situation and in a horrible mood, let's not even talk about having sex in a terrible, depressing frustrating and angry mood ugh

But sex must be carried out or the wedding will become invalid. If virgin blood is not bled, and a high priest examines none of it, wedding vow will be broken. Both of them literally have no choice but to have sex that night to survive/ not die. What a fucked up circumstances

So Riftan being Riftan, in his mind, calculating for the best result to make out of this worst situation is to have sex despite Maxi being all afraid.

He could clearly see Maxi is scared of him, and it hurts him. He knows Maxi doesn't want it, but he still has to do it. So you can say this is forced sex = rape. It's not wrong to feel that way. Seeing things from Maxi's perspective justify this more.

Riftan did it quite roughly cuz he's a virgin inexperienced boy. He didn't moisten up dear Maxi (or maybe she's too scared to even be moisten up at all). The end result is extremely painful sex on Maxi's behalf. Riftan probably felt okay (or good ohoho) but emotionally is feeling horrible too.

But I'm glad Riftan at least made up for all the terrible sex experiences of first night after the 3 years dragon expedition. Boy you better be nicey gentle and passionate from now on

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    sharlnina, Arifiana, tim718 and 8 others like this.
  16. shashasha

shashasha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All I wanna say is...
    Thank you so much for your hardwork on giving US spoilers.
    You guys brigthened up my day.
    This is my first we novel and it's slowly driving me crazy. It's that good !!!
    :blobxd:

bradpitt69 and Y0jik0 like this.
  17. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Do you guys think it could be Ruth trying to save him that's why Riftan suddenly saw Maxi on his hallucination? Just something i thought of reading my post :D
    Or maybe i should post the entire chapter to give more hindsight to what im saying? :ROFLMAO:

18. covertcookie

covertcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Post it please :LOL:

19. Alessiavie

Alessiavie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please post it, and then we'll discussssssss :blobcheeky::blobcheeky:

20. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here longer version :ROFLMAO:
    *spoiled brats

As his vision returned, the snowy landscape covered in fog caught his eyes. The Knights were nowhere to be seen. Riftan raised his voice.

"Hebaron! Ruth!"
    Only his voice echoed hollowly over the empty field. Riftan frowned.
    "could it be some magic at work?"
    Even if they got caught in the explosion, they shouldn't have been that far away. Riftan looked around then trir the signal. But no matter how many times he truck the flint, it wouldn't produce any spark.

Eventually, he gave up looking for his men and started walking in the snow. It would be faster to find the source and destroy it rather than wait for Ruth to eliminate it.
    He looked up at the thickly clouded sky and climbed a hill. But to make matters worse, it started snowing and the wind began to rage in all directions.

Riftan muttered a swear word and looked around looking for a place to hide. Not far away, a hazy rock wall could be seen. He thought there might be caves. Without delay he walks towards it. As he has expected, there were cracks between the rocks.

He sighed in relief and stepped into it. At that moment an eerie chill came over him. Riftan starred into the darkness with a bewildered look on his face.
    A woman with dark hair was hanging from the ceiling of the cave. A noose was tied around her slender neck, and her face, exposed through the loose hair, was stained with tears of blood.

Riftan staggered and stepped back. It's the face he had seen thousands of times in his nightmares. He ran out of the cave as if chased by an evil spirit. He felt a heavy weight on his back as if we has running through a raging snow. A cold damp arms wrapped around his neck, and sweat drenched black hair clung to the nape of his neck unpleasantly.

He slowly turned his head. A woman's face was laying on his shoulders. He trembled and threw the woman to the floor. He let out rough sobs.
    "... Its just mental magic.."
    He wiped his face with his trembling hands trying to regain composure.

These are all just illusions, designed to disturb the mind. Desperately repeating that, he walked through the snow again, but doesn't know now where he was going.
    The wind grew stronger and the fog enveloped the world in a haze. Riftan gazed into the pale, luminous world completely disorientated.
    At that point, he couldn't even think of what he had to go forward for. Haven't he suffered enough? Haven't he fought hard enough...

He could not overcome the fatigue that weighed on his shoulders like a piece of iron and he collapsed. Snowflakes fluttered coldly against his face. Riftan was engulfed with a chill that seemed to freeze up to his marrow. As he gasped for air, a strange exhaustion came over him.

".. Am i going to die in vain like this..."
    As he was thinking this, he saw a red light flashing through the falling snow. He blinked slowly, and a woman standing in the snow caught his eyes. Her hair fluttered like flames in the wind, and her blushing white face lit up in the backlight.

Riftan groaned softly as he felt something rushing up in his chest. Frustration, sadness and resignation shook his whole body.
    It was always her after all. If he dig into the deepest part of his heart, she has always been there.
    "... why are you the only one that touches my heart so painfully.. It's like a thorn that wouldn't disappear.. " he feels like his heart was breaking.

She walked slowly and reached out a white, soft hand to touch his frozen cheeks. He starred at the smile on her lips with sorrowful eyes. Her hair fluttered in the wind and tickled his face like a dream. He licked his lips..
    ".. If i would die and be reborn... I'd like to be your hair.."
    "if i could just sway on your back, and sometimes when the wind blew and i get to touch your lips or cheeks... That's all i need."
    Looking up at her soft smile, he slowly closed his eyes.

"Are you awake? "
    Riftan rubbed his forehead and narrowed his eyes. As his vision gradually became clearer, he saw Ruth's pale and tired face. He turned his head to look at the bonfire emitting warm heat, then asked Ruth.
    ".... Has the barrier been destroyed? "
    Ruth nodded slowly.
    There was a magic formula installed in the torso of the golem.
    Riftan stood up and checked the faces of the Knights one by one. Fortunately, everyone appeared to be unharmed. Ruth spoke while offering him warm wine.
    " it would have been a big deal, if it wasn't for me, everyone would have frozen to death while hallucinating."

Hebaron stood next to him.
    "with this, the final battle should not be far away"
    "Let's go back to where the expedition is, Captain. Lets defeat the dragon and go home."

" home... "
    Riftan repeated the word quietly.

Hebaron approached the Knights and gave instructions to get themselves ready.

Riftan looked at the snowy field again, as he stepped over it, his footprints are clearly marked. As he was looking down, he suddenly realized that he was clutching something tightly and opened his left hand.
    At first he couldn't figure out what it was. After a while he realized that it was a shabby cast iron crown that he had never been able to hand to her as a child. The darkened rings crumbled to white.

Riftan looked at it with a blurred gaze, and scattered the remains of the hallucinations on the snow. With that, he said goodbye to the fantasies he had cherished in his heart for so many years.

"i don't wonder around in my dreams anymore.."
    He licked his lips. She doesn't exist in that place. She only exists is reality.

He felt something burning in his chest. He touched his cold lips. The cold kiss they shared on the hallucination seemed to still remain on them.
    " I'll stop taking comfort in dreams now.."

He then remembered the kiss stained with tears and sweat that he actually shared with her. In reality, she is soft, hot and pulsating that his tongue burns. Looking down at his empty palms, Riftan closed his hand to a fist.

" i don't need fantasies anymore. If i survive this battle, this time, i will get to know the real you..."
    "even if my heart gets shattered.."

Snowflakes fluttered at the sudden gust of wind.
    Riftan, looking at the lonely landscape, stepped forward to the Knights waiting for him.
    -end of POV-
    *insert badass soundtrack here*

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021