LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Other countries have some very large differences with driving rules and laws then the USA. Japan has some odd ones from what I've heard.

2. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me rephrase that. Why would taking a driving test keep him from doing any translations for three months? Or did I misread what the guy above said?

3. Paxloria

Paxloria Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *ridiculing snort* Back then Rodcort didn't pay any attention to Van beyond wanting him to hurry up and die. The Death Afinity was the result of a space not being filled and Van's is the size of several people due to his soul being the result of the fragments of several peoples souls (the fallen hero's) being combined together more than 10,000 years ago. Rodcort remembers Demon King Gurdanus and is even sealing a part of him, so it's certain that if he HAD been paying attention he would have NEVER let Van be reincarnated outside of Earth. In fact I think there was a chapter about Rodcort having this realization a long time ago. Well, in any case, I think that no matter what EVERYONE can agree that Rodcort is a selfish, cowardly, scum.

4. Rendei

Rendei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno about any of that, but Yoshi posted the following in Discord:

"I will try busting my ass to get the chapter done Friday
    My next several weekends are packed
    to the point I can't even get my license lmao
    I just need to pass the written test, then take the driving test
    but I have no time to take them
    It's been almost a month since last release... really sorry guys and thanks for waiting"

5. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The given reason has nothing to do with Rodcorte. It's something like him using death magic constantly, passively and without even thinking about it from the moment he was born almost. Having affinity for the death attribute was also not something he did. It was something he failed to notice until Van was in Origin. As Vida's attempt to give him her divine blessing shows, trying to give him an affinity for magic would have failed and let Rodcorte know that he was a death mage. It's unclear whether Van could have been given a cheat ability either since some of Vida's other blessings don't seem to have worked properly either.

And yes, he wasn't paying attention. He was not happy to realize that somehow Zakkart+'s soul just happened to be one of the ones he picked up and just happened to be the one soul he didn't examine in detail. Which implies that there's some kind of even higher power at play here manipulating events, but this has never come up anywhere else that I know of. Maybe the same one that somehow let Ricklent etc know a century in advance that the four champions would be returning to Lambda. Y'know, back before Van's grandparents were even born.

Got it. Yeah, that didn't make sense to me and apparently that's because it's not what he said!

6. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the TL;DR version is, TLing time is being taking up by RL stuff? Thats what it seems to me. If so, take the time. I have patience to spare.

7. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeh. I'm in no rush. I'm glad he apparently makes a profit off of this since it means he's unlikely to just get bored and drop the project without warning.

diamonds likes this.
  8. TricMagic

TricMagic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Such is life. I really enjoy this story, so take the time you need to deal with RL.

9. Paxloria

Paxloria Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He thinks about it so much because he discovered he had that power in his 2nd life. He trains that power because, given his situation, it'd be foolish not to. Plus, He's a hard worker. So it should be obvious that this is different from that.

10. Rendei

Rendei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May all the gods of vida and van bless you for the chapter I was already showing withdrawal symptoms

I hope the tl have time to do all he need in rl we can wait 1 or 2 more months if he need them right?

13. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. Not the most interesting chapter overall. "Actually, never mind, don't hate duke Alcrem cause we can't have Van hopping between duchies forever." And I suppose "Several gods want to defect" most likely. But no payoff yet, so a bit boring by itself.

14. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay a new chapter it's been a while since the last chapter came out:blobparty:

15. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now we know what was with the note from the last chapter.
    The note that was tottally notable and i remembered clearly and i really didn't have to go to the previous chapter just to se how relevant it was, not, at, all.

16. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    which note?

Zamzukan likes this.
  17. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The creepy guy that was giving off the "come into my van and I'll give you candy" vibes last chapter dropped a note then looked in Van's eyes, got scared and made himself real scarce. Van picked up and destroyed the note saying it was nothing important.

Zamzukan and Baldingere like this.
  18. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    oh I see, I thought it was about a tl note! well I guess I proved Zamzukan's point lol

19. HYPERION7

HYPERION7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those three remind me of the demons that van has subdued in their tone of normal talk sounding sinister

20. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would probably get faster translations if that were true. Jessie cooked up blue meth pretty well when he was in the pit

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    tirirism and Paps like this.