Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to have a music video on riftan..Down with the sickness..by disturbed....it would be a badass..music video

REALLY?!!! She is back? I was trying on the internet finding out her health...I hope she really is in good condition..so she can finish the book...I hope there is book 3...stay healthy Kim Sooji..

2. covertcookie

covertcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, there's a playlist in Ridibook's Youtube account for Sangsu and my personal fave is called "Riftan's Heart." It's so beautiful it hurts (given the long wait for a new update) :love::cry::whistle:

bradpitt69, mj209 and meepmedicine like this.
  3. Sidetrack

Sidetrack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AGAIN - more of my thoughts on the wedding night - hope you dont mind????

The wedding night was not kind and tender for either of them, in the beginning he asked her if she wants him to leave, which would anull the marriage.
    Reading Chap 3 & 4 - in light novel heaven dot com gives the wedding night. Even though Riftan uses foreplay and touches her tenderly she experiences quite a lot of pain. But her father might beat her to death if she refuses her husband.

"The fear of being beaten by her father was much greater than the fear of being humiliated by a stranger. No. She would not end up being beaten. . . . ."

Given the norms of the society described in the novel- she was not raped! And she gave "consent". It was probably much like first night of many arranged marriages.
    Given the norms of our society today- that night was rape - there was not violence or hatred - but the act was forced upon her.

Ainespi, bradpitt69, GiBro and 2 others like this.
  4. Flyinghigh79

Flyinghigh79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a really sweet observation that I agree with you 100%. I can't wait for Riftan to open up about how long he has loved her and Maxi finding out that he was the boy who saved her when she was a child. I want them to reconcile and start a family at some point. I hope the author gets better soon.

mj209 likes this.
  5. Sidetrack

Sidetrack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oooooo - DISTURBED!!! that deep resonant voice!! major goosebumps :aww::aww:

A thought - I have those sometimes. - -
    if Maxi has a baby girl. super :blobReach: :aww:cute cute cute little red curls!!
    When she first brings her out to meet the world, I can see huge Heberon holding her in just one hand and baby talk.:aww:
    Also Yulixion holding the little baby and becoming totally speechless for the first time ever!:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

6. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like your opinión on Maxi ❤️ I agree she is frustrating at times but understanding her background and abuse makes it easier to see why she risks her life several times and is reckless lol

OMG u really got talent! I really enjoyed your story! Please keep it up ❤️ It helps alleviate some of the frustration waiting for the author and the book to continue!!!!! :love:;)

really like ur translations! Thanks ;)(y)

bradpitt69, sheerankamar and Y0jik0 like this.
  7. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now THAT is an amazing work!
    Loved it!:love::love::love:
    Thank you for sharing this!;)

bradpitt69 and mj209 like this.
  8. Alessiavie

Alessiavie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started to read Riftan's POV few weeks ago, and stop in the chapter where he runaway and finally met Ruth for the first time. I stopped there and hesitate to continue to read again. His POV are too heartbreaking, its just so sad and i wouldn't wish anything like that happen to my worst enemy. It makes me wanted to hug my love ones everytime i read his POV, and as expected this chapter 44 also very heartbreaking..
    Anyway, back to the story, it's just my opinion, but i think Ruth just cast his magic to lift the hallucination that all the RDK experiencing. I think Riftan saw Maxi from his unconscious mind, whenever there is dark memories, memory about Maxi is the single beautiful memory that keep him alive. That's why he is taking Maxi to see the beautiful ruins, so that she also could have beautiful memories when she experiencing dark memories, but Maxi has chosen her own memories, which is Riftan standing in the shining light :bloblove:

9. sheerankamar

sheerankamar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This makes me worried tbh, In Book 2, there are a couple of chapters where there's Riftan's POV. But, I really hope the author still continues with his separate POV regardless and with lots of Gaiden/RDK POVs.

chubchub and mj209 like this.
  10. riftanmaxicalypse

riftanmaxicalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you for this ♡ @Y0jik0

Riftan (during the Dragon Subjugation):
    " I don't need fantasies anymore. If i survive this battle, this time, i will get to know the real you..."
    "even if my heart is shattered.."

Agnes to Maxi (during her first visit in Anatol):
    “I was wondering what Mahgo’s wife would be like. Who was the person he was so desperate to get back to, to the point where he would throw himself into the dragon fire without hesitation?”

Well, he defeated the Dragon because he wants to go "home", Riftan's home is "Maxi". ♡

11. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “It’s my first time hearing someone call me clever. Although I’ve heard that I’m slow-witted many times…” Riftan teased her and Max gave him a frown.

Although his way of speaking was unrefined and he wasn’t exactly a master of decorum, Riftan was a far cry from being slow-witted. He had a sharp gaze and his observational skills were occasionally very insightful. Sometimes she even felt like he saw all the way through to her soul.

“A slow wi-witted per-person…could ne-never be s-so well re-respected.” She told him.

Riftan smiled cynically, as though he was unable to peacefully agree with her. Resting his head back against the tree trunk, he asked her disinterestedly, “What else?”

“You’re lo-loyal, you have le-leadership…and…you’re hand-handsome.” Max answered shyly. She could feel her cheeks warming up.

“You think I’m handsome?” Riftan once again teased her and she gave him a shrug.

“…You al-already knew that.”

“How would I know what you think about my appearance?” He told her and Max was taken aback and blinked at him in confusion.

“I have eyes too, Rif-riftan… My sense of be-beauty is the same as o-other pe-people’s.”

“Every time I visited Castle Croix, you quivered like you were facing a hideous ogre,” Riftan said teasingly.

“Those weren’t the eyes of someone looking at a charming young man at all. You would probably have looked at even a goblin’s wrinkly face more adoringly.” He added and Max gave him a look of disbelief.

“I…I’ve ne-never seen a gob-goblin be-before.” She answered.

“That’s not the point here.” Riftan drew her chin up towards him to make her look at him. “I’m saying that if I even came close to you, you acted like you were going to faint.”

Max was flustered by his interrogating tone. Never in her wildest dreams had she thought he might care about her attitude towards him or what she thought of him. Truth be told, up until their wedding, she had thought he was unaware of her existence altogether.

“I… You were sca-scary. Since your phy-physique is so huge and your ex-expression was so i-icy… You looked like some-someone whose tem-temper might flare at a-anything, at a-anytime.” Max admitted.

Riftan didn’t say anything for a long time. Max squirmed uncomfortably against his chest. Finally he opened his mouth.

“Am I still scary?”

Max shook her head slowly.

Riftan, who had been staring at her face vacantly, suddenly tilted his head and pressed his lips against hers. Different to the surprise kisses he teased her with, this kiss was passionate. She felt his soft tongue pushing into her mouth and she moaned softly at his touch.
    This scene holds more weight now that ive finished Riftan's POV. It's like finally he's been relieved of all his self-loathing, when all those times he thinks Maxi looks at him the way she did because she sees him as inferior, when in fact, she's just afraid because he's huge. :LOL:

Yeah, that makes more sense :X3:

12. Alessiavie

Alessiavie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love these scene so muchhhh, so lovely, bubbly, fluffy and love the snusnu scene after ahahahaha

13. meeowmeeow

meeowmeeow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Book 2 - Ch.53

Riftan and Maxi had a talk, Riftan reveals his true feelings when she left him. He was still cold to her even after cave snusnu.
    They will have another talk in ch.88-89, which is already spoiled here.

Note : These are MTL translated.
    I edited some dialogues, pronouns and spellings for smoother reading. Enjoy!

Max, who was trying to sleep, tossing and turning in the blanket, slowly got up and poked her head out of the barracks. Then, I saw Riftan sitting with one leg outstretched in front of the bonfire and rummaging through the bonfire with a long branch.

Max looked around in search of Elliot and Yurishion, then wrapped herself in a blanket and approached him. Riftan, who was looking at the flames with still eyes, turned to look at her and raised one eyebrow.

“What are you doing without sleeping?".

“Come on, I woke up a little bit thirsty while sleeping. Rather. Where have the others gone?"

“I told you to go inside and rest because I'll call you when it's time for your shift.”

He said with a chin gesture, pointing to the barracks used by the knights.

"It's annoying when I'm awake, both trying to stay awake."

Max smiled bitterly and sat down next to him. Then Riftan looked at her with a displeased expression.

“Come on in. The hard march will continue tomorrow. You should rest properly when you can."

“Ha, but I can't sleep...."

Riftan's forehead wrinkled at the mumbled words. Riftan looked at her with a thoughtful expression for a moment, then pulled a small canteen from his leather belt. Then he opened the lid and held it towards her.

“It's a strong drink. A few sips will help you sleep."

She took the canteen, sniffed it with a questionable expression, and took a sip. As the bitter liquid flowed down her throat, her esophagus burned as if on fire.

She vomited up saliva as she wrote arrogant thoughts. The discomfort was short-lived, and the feeling of the stomach getting warmer was pretty good. Max sat on her knees, sipping her drink. Riftan watched the scene and took the canteen from her hand again.

"Stop. If you drink more than that, you will have a headache tomorrow.”

She looked at the barrel with regretful eyes, then saw his determined expression, frowned, and buried her face in her lap. Riftan looked down at the figure and spit out bluntly.

“Now, go inside the barracks and try to force yourself to sleep."

“Come on, I'll be by your side for a moment."

He frowned, but didn't force any further. Max felt herself getting more and more drunk, pressing one cheek to her lap and spying at his side. His face, engulfed in a shadow of fire, looked dangerously handsome. At the same time, he seemed terribly cold. Max hesitated and asked cautiously.

“Ah,... Are you still mad at me?"

“... no."

Riftan, who had been hesitant at the sudden question, responded in a low voice. Max looked at him in disbelief.

"However... Wow, after joining the expedition... You're being cold to me again."

Without saying a word, he broke the branch he was holding and threw it into the flames. The fire engulfed the firewood and burned even more fiercely. After gazing silently at it for some time, Riftan barely opened his mouth again.

“To be honest, I still don't know how to treat you.”

"What do you mean?"

“Leaving you like that, I couldn't forgive myself. And you also."

Max looked up at him with a pale, tired face, feeling his alcohol draining suddenly. Riftan's face was expressionless as if wearing a mask. He added dryly, keeping his eyes fixed on the flame.

“I resented you as much as I missed you. Those feelings don't go away so quickly.”

A self-deprecating smile appeared on his lips, then faded away helplessly.

“But I can't let myself away from you, either....”

Max straightened up and opened her mouth urgently.

“I,I left--- !”

"I know."

He interrupted her speech.

“I know. That you were right.. And that I was wrong.”

“... ... ”

“But even if I was wrong, even if I was wrong, I wanted to be with you. It would have been better to throw everything away for that."

Max looked at him, speechless. Riftan looked down at her with sullen eyes and spoke coldly.

“On the other hand, if you were to be in that situation again, you would definitely make the same choice. For me, or for yourself... You will be able to make the right choice because you have no choice. A choice that is impossible for me..”

He paused for a moment. Riftan, who had been holding on to his chin tightly as if suppressing the emotions that had been raised by drums, soon confessed.
    “I'm afraid of you like that."

Max froze in shock. A person who didn't blink even in front of huge monsters said that I'm scared now. Looking at him in disbelief, Riftan, who was rubbing his lips nervously, added a bit harshly.

“I don't want to feel that way again."

“I, I will never again...”,

As she was about to say something, there was a rattling sound and Yurishion walked out of the barracks. Rubbing the nape of his neck as if he was trying to drive away his sleepiness, he walked towards the bonfire, found a pulse and opened his eyes.

“Why are you awake without sleeping?"

She only licked her lips. Riftan, who returned with an expressionless face as if he had shown weakness at some point, spat out bluntly.

“Now stop and go to sleep."

Max looked at Yurishion's and Riftan's faces, powerlessly entering the barracks. Surrounded by darkness, the tears in her eyes warmed up late. She quickly buried herself in the blanket.

It was then that she realized that Riftan was desperately trying to distance himself from her, not just because he was angry. He doesn't want to be hurt again.

Max wiped away the tears that ran down her cheeks and wrapped the blanket up to the top of her head. He was afraid of being hurt as much as she, or more than her. That fact was heartbreaking.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  14. mobius29

mobius29 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, does anyone know how can i get discord link for this novel translations?

15. reren

reren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobalert:

someone with no fear to face the world but is so fragile when it comes to his love..my heart pounding. :blobsob::blobsob:

16. LSEM123

LSEM123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At what point does Riftan fully forgive Maxi for leaving him? Does he ever fully forgive her and accept her? Or is it more of just glossing over things, suppressing inner feelings, and just shoving things under the mat?

17. reren

reren Member

Reading List:
    Link

Kilaxxx, wjlee15, Mikan101 and 5 others like this.
  18. bbly

bbly Member

Reading List:
    Link
    reading this made my heart shatter :blob_teary: riftan was always seen as stone-cold and emotionless, even Ruth in Book 1 said that Riftan never speaks his mind, so when he does it just hits soo hard. I mean we all knew he was hurt by Maxi leaving but even when he starts to open up to her, he hesitates and tries to hide his feelings. It's so bittersweet, Maxi finding out her husband was deeply hurt by what had to be done. It hurts more when you remember that in the first book, at the beginning she was so afraid he'd leave her, (I know it's not the same) but she was the one who ended up leaving. But when he said “I resented you as much as I missed you." and him saying he's afraid of her and that she could make the choice to leave in order to save him, when he couldn't see life without her... this chapter is so amazingly written. Thank you so much for sharing! I'll be crying in the corner if anyone needs me:blobsob:

19. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Flyinghigh79 here... This is when Riftan showed her the beautiful sight. Not whole chapter though.. Just a summary

YesA17, bradpitt69 and Flyinghigh79 like this.
  20. reren

reren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Y0jik0 thank you for all spoilers you gave all this time..hug from afar..

I remember someone has spoiled here, maybe you can track it backwards @Flyinghigh79

Y0jik0 likes this.