Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Alessiavie

Alessiavie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YURIXIONNNN what are you doingggg, go back to sleep...!! this kid! :blob_catflip::blob_catflip: Riftan and Maxi desperately need to talk! :blobsob::blobsob:

2. meeowmeeow

meeowmeeow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently, I'm editing Book 2 :
    - Ch. 55-56 (Maxi hugs Riftan before he leaves)
    - Ch. 67 (the reunion, they fight in here haha)

Might do (quote this if you have any request on any chapter that hasn't been spoiled here, no promises but I'll try)
    - Ch.103

Anyways, it takes me a while to edit since i need to ask my Korean friend to translate some of the dialogue that don't make sense.
    I also edit pronouns, spelling and proofread. I'll try posting ASAP, I love the enthusiasm towards OAK :X3:

They haven't had a real talk yet (other than ch.53 and ch.89). We are hoping they will do it after ch.106 when they returned to Ethylene , but the author is still on hiatus.

I am not sure if anyone posted ch.103 yet. If no one does, maybe I'll try posting.
    I'll post the one where Maxi hugs Riffy soon.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. moshimoichi

moshimoichi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oooh i've been meaning to ask, what does hebaron mean by riftan's "condition"? is it his sexual frustrations or riftan's anger? :blobfearful:

sheerankamar and bradpitt69 like this.
  4. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone in here really knows the situation about our beloved author?...i hope she is okay now...when is she coming back..there are rumors that she is back..and updating some of her novels...and will be updating oak soon...i dont know if this is true...I pray that this is true..

esa_nena likes this.
  5. tickytocky

tickytocky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe it is his sexual frustrations ahaha

bradpitt69 and emptycan_princess like this.
  6. natfir

natfir Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Made an account to reply to this. I'm not sure which chapter @sheerankamar is referring to but I have a feeling it's book 2 chapter 37? Where Kuahel Leon and Riftan were having an argument and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Hebaron said Riftan's the kind of person who won't stop when he thinks he's right and at the rate they were going Riftan wouldn't be eating dinner. So Hebaron suggested to Maxi that she should go over and talk to Riftan because she's the only person who can distract him when he's so focused.

7. meeowmeeow

meeowmeeow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I can't remember anything other than Maxi explaining the catapults which was spoiled already.
    Also, Maxi became in charge of the rear support! So proud of her :aww:

tickytocky likes this.
  8. tickytocky

Reading List:
    Link
    Then can you spoil the part she was chosen to be in charge of rear support? Hehe

9. theCalypse

theCalypse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An angel alreadt posted ch 103 here, but I don't remember who or what page since I arrange all spoilers that I found in google docs (right now it's already 222 pages and I havent finished scavaging all pages yet :blobsweat_2:).

Maxi couldn't ask any more questions because she was out of breath climbing the stairs. Now they were standing in front of an arched tunnel. She looked anxiously into the dark passage.

"Where are we going?”

"I want to show you something.”

He clasped her shoulder and went into the narrow passage. She walked close to his side. How many minutes did they walk in the dark tunnel, and as they left the tunnel, a dazzling sunset pierced their eyes. Maxi frowned and gave out a wild exclamation.

"Oh, my God... It's so beautiful.”

She walked out into the pouring light, mumbling as if possessed. She never imagined that there would be such a beautiful place in the city of dark magic. She turned slowly in awe.

Riftan took her to a magnificent circular hall that was located deep within the ruined city. She had never seen such a place before, so she didn't know what to call it.

Maxi looked at the colorful pieces of glass filled the walls and the scene where the light that came through it beautifully colored the wide hall. Light was dancing on the marble floor.

She raised her head to the fullest. There was also a window on the ceiling, and when the purple sun caught on it, she fell into the atmosphere as if she were in a burning fire.

Even though the air was cold enough to breathe out, she seemed to be getting tired to the bone. It was as if the sun's light permeated smoothly into her body. She closed her eyes savoring the sweet sensation.

"I haven't heard of a place like this....”

"Because I didn't tell anyone.”

With a voice that seemed to suppress something, Maxi woke up from ecstasy and turned her head. Riftan was also standing in the light. She gazed blankly at his dark hair as it was colored with a subtle mix of purple, blue, and black brown.

His skin, which received sunset light, looked like it was made of fire and gold, and his eyes were like a night sea with starlight. Suddenly, a strong desire flared up inside her body. Her fingertips were numb with a desire to caress him.

She wanted to be one with this beautiful man. The desire was so intense that she felt scared for a moment. She looked up at him with longing eyes, tense all over her body.

Then, a harsh breath came out of his mouth. It was only after Maxi heard the sound that she realized that Riftan was feeling the same way as her. But he turned and walked to the window to shake the feeling off.

"I wanted to show you this place before the rest of us leaves this place. You've been watching hideous monsters and dead bodies for months. You need something to overtake those memories.”

When he turned again, Maxi could not read any emotion from his face. A strange sense of despondency came upon her. Riftan looked down at the pieces of light hanging on the floor to avoid her gaze and continued in a slightly controlled voice.

"I hope this scenery will protect you. When you're having nightmares, it's comforting to think of something beautiful."

"Riftan... did you.."

At her question, Riftan raised his head again. Maxi asked in an anxious tone, feeling a desire to dig into his inner thoughts.

"Have you ever had nightmares? Every time you had one..Did you think of something beautiful?”

Riftan replied in a calm voice.

"Yeah, I had nightmares too. And only one single memory supported me."

As soon as she was about to ask what kind of memory he had, he walked into the shade where the light could not reach, as if he were rejecting the incoming question, and looked into the carved pieces on the pillar.

Maxi was shocked to learn that he was still trying to keep an emotional distance from her. She thought he finally opened his heart to her, but was he just expressing his feelings temporarily in the midst of the urgency of the war?

She approached Riftan’s side and touched his forearm. He seemed a little nervous and then put his arm around her shoulder. Her shriveled heart melted again with his strong warmth.

He's just wary of danger. If she leaves the battlefield and gets to a safe place, he will fully accept her. She mumbled inward and put her arms around his firm waist.

"Thank you... for bringing me here."

As she buried her face in his chest and murmured, she felt her hands were getting tired. Maxi gave a trembling sigh as she stared at the fading light. When the nightmares come, she will recall him standing in the colorful light....

10. natfir

natfir Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you the one who made the google spreadsheet? Can you share it again it was so well organized! :)

bradpitt69 likes this.
  11. meepmedicine

meepmedicine Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm about to cry at this scene. One beautiful memory in his whole life, and now begining another beautiful memory in her life.

Riftan is a truly selfless person. He just provide love without even knowing what is love

12. meeowmeeow

meeowmeeow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    book 2 ch.81 - maxi in charge of rear unit

here u go, unfortunately there is no Riftan here

“World Tower will be divided into two groups. The wizards of Sigur and the wizards of Kabbalah will assist the knights on the front lines. And the wizards of Undigm, the wizards of the Gnome Hall, and the non-attribute wizards have decided to build a defensive line from the rear and take care of the wounded soldiers . Is there anyone against this decision?"
    When the crowd was silent, he spoke slowly.
    “I plan to lead the attack support unit. And the rear support unit, Maximilian, leave it to you."
    Max, who listened attentively to his story, widened his eyes in surprise. She looked up at his face with bewildered eyes and then turned to Ben, the senior wizard of Undigm.
    “B, Ben-nim is there too, so why am I...."
    “I have no experience in war. On the other hand, don't you have a history of working in the rear support corps when you were a non-attribute wizard?"
    Ben said sternly.
    “Besides, you are quite popular among the soldiers. If the red-haired lady's instructions are given, the soldiers will follow them without hesitation, so it will be easier for us to work with you in charge."
    Max turned her face red and looked around the room. There were a total of twenty-one wizards belonging to the World Tower to work in the rear support team, including herself. Three wizards from Gnome Hall, two wizards from Undigm, and up to 16 non-attribute wizards... .
    Max nodded vigorously, although she was a little worried that they would follow his instructions without hesitation.
    "All right. I will take over.”
    "Great. Then hurry up and pack your things.”
    The wizards left the room at once. Max went to the dispensing room to get medicine and treatment tools.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  13. tickytocky

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuuu :blobpats: if im not wrong, Kabbalah (or was it Kavala?) is fire, and Sigur is wind, right?

14. theCalypse

theCalypse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not me. I create my own because I didn’t have a chance to take a look at the spreadsheet :blob_teary:

15. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are your thoughts about the relationship between Ruth and Calto? :rolleyes:

Loving this hate-love relationship lol ;) I see it as a father scolding his mischievous son! :D Ruth really makes me laugh so hard! Love it when he makes an appearance because his comic relief really helps in the story! :LOL::p(y)

Calto decides to accompany Maxi, Hebaron, Kuahel, Ruth, and few others to look for Riftan and his team since they did not returned as planned, fearing something bad happened to them during their investigation in the monster city…

Calto: “I will go with you this time”

While they were on the midst of selecting other wizards, Calto suddenly opened his mouth. Ruth, who was crouching in the corner, snorted as if it was ridiculous.

Ruth: “Are you planning on becoming a cadaver on your way? You are so old, there is no need to push yourself…Ouch!”

Calto, who mercilessly struck Ruth’s head with his long staff, spoke firmly to Kuahel:

Calto: “Even though I cannot physically compare to the young wizards, the person with the most powerful magical powers right now is me. You definitely will need my help in an emergency”

So as they left for the rescue expedition, Maxi just kept thinking and worrying that Riftan and the rest may be starving…

Maxi: (I’m her thought) Just thinking about it makes my heart ache…

“We must hurry up”

Max tumbled nervously as they stopped for a break to give water to the horses

Maxi:”we could be missing out or be delayed…”

Ruth: “we are already moving at full speed”

Ruth granted. Calto was sitting on the floor, gasping for breath, as if he had no energy to said anything. Ruth glanced at him, and whispered in her ear:

“That person could really die. I put my hand under his nose every night to check if he still breathing, wondering what to do if the body is found dead the next day. Seriously, why does this old man is so stubborn to come with us, only makes people to worry”

Unlike Ruth’s ear, Calto’s ear were a little long and pointed, and it seemed to be more sensitive to sound. He jumped up and grabbed Ruth’s hair and shook it

IraHera, Ac03, Zekke and 24 others like this.
  16. riftanmaxicalypse

riftanmaxicalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “Besides, you are quite popular among the soldiers. If the red-haired lady's instructions are given, the soldiers will follow them without hesitation, so it will be easier for us to work with you in charge."

Maxi is the girl boss! ☆

17. tickytocky

Reading List:
    Link
    I died laughing every time i read these parts. Like seriously Ruth, why are you digging your own grave?? Hahaha

18. meeowmeeow

meeowmeeow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes correct, and Undaim is water.

riftanmaxicalypse and tickytocky like this.
  19. Sidetrack

Sidetrack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have things, many things, I want to post. But YaKnow - life gets in the way. Life and shit gets in the way.
    Hope to post about Ruth’s advice.
    And why I think Maxi runs into the danger to help.
    And yet another reason to really like Maxi.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    bradpitt69 and mj209 like this.
  20. zhrunplugged

zhrunplugged Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding Riftan's confession:
    His Love is pure, selfless, and helpless. His Love can only do good, built the person he loves. His love doesn't seek anything in return. He just wants that one person to breathe and be happy even if that means destroying his own self in the process. Indeed such love is fantasy. Humans are greedy I see no greed in Riftan in his love for Maxi. I wish maxi just hugged him when he confessed. Her hug would have given him the needed hope which he is losing right now. He can't give up on his only love but he is tiring. His Love is weighing him down. Why doesn't Maxi keep herself aside and just be what Riftan wants her to be in that moment of his most vulnerable self? She can be the strongest she is the next thing but now when he is pouring his heart out just hold him. I have never felt so frustrated before but during Riftan's painful moments. His stupid perfect love is drowning him.