Spoiler Please Don't Call Me Queen!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Themas, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Themas

Themas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (If there is already another thread for this, please send me a link. I haven't been able to find it. T-T )

Alternative name:

Joouheika To Yobanaide
    女王陛下と呼ばないで

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Author:
    Ten Kashiwa

Description:
    A recluse becoming Queen?! In a contest for the throne with scions of noble families, I’ll do everything in my power to avoid getting embroiled in it!

In the Kingdom of Lindtor, renowned for being governed by a wise ruler, I, Francesca, am the King’s granddaughter ― a homebody who delights in chess and staying indoors. However, in the wake of my grandfather’s sudden demise, it’s revealed that he nominated me in his will as a Queen candidate.

While I was stricken with panic, several young noblemen competing to become sovereign appeared before me: the radiant yet overbearing Stewart, the highly intelligent Cyan, and the captain of the knights, Irwine. “Please choose the King from amongst them!” I struggle hard against it, but my efforts are futile. Furthermore, 「I pledge my allegiance to you, my Queen.」 Is that supposed to be an oath, or a marriage proposal?

I’ll get back my peaceful and tranquil days!

What will result from this shut-in princess’ desperate resistance――?

Current status at time of posting:
    Chapter 6

Does anybody have any spoilers or ideas of what's going to happen? Would appreciate any spoilers.

sinnerman, Ahmya, rock.doll and 2 others like this.
  2. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. crossover

crossover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. chefcheese

chefcheese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Sinistertwist

Sinistertwist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like there are some novels, so it's not manga only.

Book 1 (Amazon JP)
    Book 2 (same)

Also, I need all of this author's work to be picked up by J-Novel or some other commercial company so I can have them all sitting pretty on my shelves. I've liked all of their work thus far - they are the author behind "I was Told to Relinquish My Fiance to My Little Sister, and the Greatest Dragon Took a Liking to Me and Unbelievably Took Over the Country".

8. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a summary of the manga thus far, through chapter 6:

FL is the granddaughter of the king. She's known for being a recluse as she's stayed indoors and spent her time reading books and studying chess. FL can read other languages and is implied to be savvy of other cultures, as she reads whatever she can get her hands on. Essentially, she's a more secluded version of the Bibliophile Princess, except that she's super into chess. She and her grandfather have played chess via long distance, sending each other letters with chess moves. Why is FL a recluse? When she was 5 years old, a boy around her age insulted her looks by saying she had a weird face, so she thinks she's coyote ugly. Of course she's not. It's not that type of manga.

FL gets notice that her grandfather has died and that she's one of four candidates to assume the throne. The candidates are as follows:

1. FL
    2. Duke Stewart: FL's uncle and her grandfather's youngest son. He was also the person who insulted FL's looks, however she doesn't remember him. He is very proud and has a bit of a short temper, particularly when it comes to FL. He can't seem to keep himself from snapping at her when he really wants to be nice.
    3. Lord Cyan: FL's cousin. He's more of a workhorse type of person and initially the one out of the three men that she thinks would be a good king. He's also very cynical. Cyan wants to assume the throne because of his father.
    4. Irvine: A knight and Stewart's friend, presumably best friend. He supports Stewart as king. He's well liked by his fellow knights, who support him as king.
    The way the king will be chosen is that the other candidates must agree on one person who should become the ruler. They cannot vote for themselves and a vote will be held every night until there is a consensus.

As you would expect, FL has met all three of the other candidates when she was little, but forgot their meetings. It becomes very obvious early on that Stewart is in love with the FL, as he'd been asking for her hand in marriage for a long time. Cyan is also interested in the FL, albeit initially just as a way to earn the throne. After all, if they can marry her then that makes getting the throne easier.

Irvine has a good memory of FL, as she had asked to play with him and tried to defend him from a stray dog. It was a cardinal moment in his life, as this inspired him to become a knight and he swore to become her personal knight and earned a cheek kiss from little FL. She learns about this memory after she goes to investigate him, as he's the only one of the three men she doesn't really know much about. This is when Irvine seems to throw in his hand unofficially for the FL. He's aware that Stewart loves her but has become interested in her as well. He essentially warns Stewart that he needs to shape up and make his move or others (read Irvine) will do so instead. What really impressed him was that FL told him he could vote however he wants, as it's his right. Irvine wants to vote for Stewart but had been previously told by him to not put in his vote, as it would be out of friendship and not for the right reasons. The next voting period, Stewart gets a vote.

Cyan goes to visit FL late at night and is very abrupt and rude. Plus drunk. She serves him very bitter tea and has the butler get her father. Cyan wants to swap votes for each other in an attempt to show that Stewart isn't in the lead. He says that as a reward he will take FL as his bride since she has missed her chance to get married. (Presumably because she was a shut in.) FL is insulted but doesn't take the bait dangled in front of her and lose her composure. She calls him out for his presumptive behavior, as he didn't even take into consideration that she may have decided to vote for Stewart and as such, he could be at risk of assassination since he's at her house - alone - late at night. Cyan admits that he wants to win for his father (CD), who wanted him to become the king in his stead. CD was always sickly, so he never would have had a chance. That he was able to get someone pregnant was seen as a miracle. FL remembers meeting CD and he didn't strike her as the "win because I failed" type of guy, so she asks if he'd heard this from the man himself or secondhand. The following day he apologizes and says that his father's last words weren't actually an entreaty from his father, but rather his mother who wanted him to assume the throne. Just as Cyan says that he planned on voting for Stewart, they receive news that Irvine was attacked and Stewart is believed to be the culprit.

Next chapter it comes out that Cyan and FL were together. They're also seen as possible suspects, but it's believed that they were trysting. FL believes that it's someone in the House of Lords trying to set a trap, but Cyan stops her from saying it out loud. They believe that it's likely an attempt to prolong the votes, as the longer it's drawn out the more unrest there will be and the less legitimate the ruler will seem - making it easier for the HoL to seize power by choosing a puppet monarch. Cyan also does some actions to make it seem like the rumor about them being a couple is legit, so they can meet up more easily at night. That night they compare notes - essentially the goal of the perpetrators was to eliminate Stewart as a candidate and strengthen their ability to choose. Examining the attack, Irvine was apparently attacked while in the red light district, presumably to or from a brothel. FL doesn't have prejudice towards brothels or their workers, but thinks that it doesn't seem like him to visit a prostitute since it's very frivolous activity. FL impresses Cyan with her intelligence. He says she should go to Stewart to gain info, as she'll likely be allowed past since she's a woman but warns her that whomever is behind this may target them next. She manages to get into Stewart's home by blustering her way through the guards but is stopped by the butler.

FL announces she's here to help prove Stewart's innocence. Stewart comes bursting in, thinking she's here to ridicule him but is scolded by the butler who says that she's unlikely to have forced her way in just to ridicule him. Butler also scolds him for not being honest with her. He's surprised she'd do that for him, since he made her become a recluse, but she says that the past is the past. Also, apparently he never said she had a weird face, instead saying "I've never seen a face like that, it feels weird." He begins to tell her what he actually meant, but they're interrupted by the HoL representative who forces her out. Before she's taken away, Stewart warns her about Cyan being more than a cunning man. However Stewart doesn't know Cyan's circumstances, which might have changed his mind. She doesn't think that he's involved, so to speak. Irvine is in critical care and still unconscious. It's unknown if he will survive. On to details of the attack: Irvine had a servant with him and mentioned being supposed to meet someone, but didn't say whom. Irvine was attacked, the servant was told to get help. Servant returned to find him covered in blood and unconscious. The servant had been carrying a suitcase which wasn't with the servant when Irvine was found and wasn't at the scene, so it's thought that it was stolen and likely had something valuable in it. FL sees a picture drawn by the servant of the attackers and FL notices that it matches daggers from another kingdom's country. She begins to hatch a theory, but needs more evidence.

They go to the scene of the crime to investigate, but can't find any tracks since it's rained since then. She does find a witness who says that the attackers were from a foreign country. They had a sweet smell to them. They return to her place to find a book with the info she needs, but the maid makes her take a bath. FL notices that Cyan had a certain look to him. When she's looking for the book later, she falls off a ladder but Stewart breaks her fall. She initially thinks he's a dream so she doesn't get off of him, so cute moment there. He apologizes for the childhood incident again, but she tells him that he's not to blame - she is for letting this get to her so much. Stewart says he thinks she's beautiful and always did, but didn't know how to express himself properly since he'd never felt that way about a girl before. Stewart gives another warning about Cyan but eventually they get to talking about the crime. FL thinks that they're dealing with assassins from the kingdom of Dyle. The book she has is prohibited in their kingdom so not many people would know about them. Also, Dyle hates outsiders and has a strong assassin's guild. She wants to make a connection with someone from Dyle and Stewart says that there are people from Dyle in their kingdom. There is a Dylean princess who, thirty years ago, married a royal from their kingdom as a political marriage, the husband is dead but the widow is still alive. Guess who the woman is? Yup, Cyan's mother, the same one with designs on the royal throne.

9. Sinistertwist

Reading List:
    Link
    Offhand, I think that the ML will be:

Stewart. He's her uncle, but apparently by another mother? Dunno. In any case, he's the one who has been played up the most romance-wise. I wish that Irvine was the ML, since he's the only one of the three not blood related to her and seems to be a pretty decent guy. Stewart and Cyan have too much baggage. I know that royalty tended to like intermarrying and cousins were sorta OK territory in Japan, but still. Ew.

10. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, mangadex has the incest tag so it's probably not Irvine. I like Cyan since they have an actual nice partnership, but the narrative is pushing a Stewart romance super hard :(

Fostofina, Viola202 and Jukki like this.
  11. Viola202

Viola202 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. whiteapparition

whiteapparition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Irvin is blood-related to her. He is her father's first cousin, which would make them first cousins once removed. Stewart is her (half) uncle and Cyan is her (half) first cousin. They're all related by blood.

13. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers? The manga hasn't been updated for months now.

14. peach.pudin

peach.pudin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's only translated till chapter 11, I've found the raws till chapter 17...

15. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes the targaryens