Discussion How Do you Deal With Rage?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Krinxin, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    I speak to a friend, or read, or talk myself into calming down.

Krinxin likes this.
  2. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I shut down.

Ahodesuga likes this.
  3. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends entirely on what's the cause.

- Is it someone that upset you?
    Have some me-time first to cool down, try to understand what made you angry (trigger points, etc), then talk to the other person about it or find a mediator.

- Something out of your control (a freak accident)? Something in your control (but you messed up)?
    Calm down, assess what's the true extent of the problem and how that affects you.
    Cool down by distracting yourself, or telling yourself that shit happens to everyone.
    Too often too many people just dwell on it and work themselves into a pointless rage. Which ends up hurting themselves and those around them.

Depending on friends is fine and all, but if you can't learn to overcome your own emotions, this will just keep happening throughout the rest of your life.

The whole punching-bag violent physical relief routine is a complete myth and has no scientific basis whatsoever. All it does is work up your aggression and make you more prone to physical violence.
    The real mantra was for people with anger issues to have regular exercise to manage their mood. This would include more relaxing exercises like yoga, meditation, jogging, etc. Even just taking a walk to clear your head is a much better alternative.

I have friends in the airline industry that work in hostage negotiations. This is literally 101 for them. It's pretty amazing to see them apply it to their own lives when bad shit really happens, since I knew I personally would have difficulty with it.

Krinxin likes this.
  4. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a lot can seriously tick me off, but when upset I usually go for a jog around the neighbourhood. It's a really good way for me to clear my thoughts, get tired out, and use the momentum of anger to work out.
    If I'm super mad, I have throwing-knives outback, and I practice on the boxes, array of cans, and dead trees. I believe I got some pretty good aim.
    When I'm seeing red and am beyond pissed off, I usually go for a drive and end up out of town, more in the rural area by the lake, and I literally just kick rocks and curse at the geese swimming in the lake next to the cemetery. :blobsalt:

When others are mad, I try not to tell them to 'calm down'. If you're ever mad and heard someone say that, it just makes you feel angrier no? I try to make them talk and vent their anger, and if they don't want to/it makes them more upset, talking about someone they care about or a topic they like usually helps them chill. This especially works for me, since I'm not good with words. So having them talk instead while I listen to them helps. :b

I have only 'seen red' a few times, and because of that, I slapped a girl once.
    I should have hit her harder.

5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on where Ai-chan was. If Ai-chan was driving, Ai-chan would just open the glove compartment and take out the spanner.

If Ai-chan is at a bitch's house, just by ourselves, chloroform.

6. GenEriko

GenEriko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to a bathroom and argue with the toilet or the shower.

Krinxin likes this.