Discussion How does being alcoholic feel like?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Jul 23, 2021.

?

Sleep?

1. Sleep.

6.3%
  2. Sleep...

6.3%
  3. Sleep!

6.3%
  4. Sleep?

6.3%
  5. Sleep???

12.5%
  6. dǝǝlS

62.5%
  1. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    You suddenly went on the offensive.. :blobfearful::blobfearful::sweating_profusely:
    I didnt drink too often so it's fine~

2. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: Why was I summoned... I don't consider myself an alcoholic. :sweating_profusely:
    I can abstain from alcohol for a long time. But if we're talking about dropping out my daily cup of coffee, that would be a different story. :blobspearpeek:

LMAO these exact words traumatized one of my friends. 'Til this day he regrets everything he did that night.

Anyway, if this is about whether drinking alcohol is great or not...It depends.
    It's been a while since I drank more than the equivalent of 2 cans of beer.
    Nowadays I drink occasionally with my husband at home or neighbours get-togethers on weekends. Depending on the kids/adults ratio there, I'll skip the alcohol and have fruit juice with the kiddos. Sometimes I spend more time playing with them too than joining convos :blobmelt: I dunno, this 30-something bun probably has awaken her motherhood spirit or something lately.

There were a few times I actually drank more than I could handle... but I can still count them using one hand so I believe it's not that bad. I did blackout once (I guess it's the closest I got to something akin to overdose). I dunno what happened, the hangover was pretty terrible but I had some people that looked after me so I lucked out on that. The main difference towards other drugs is probably that alcohol has a "minor" side effect in the body so most people process it out faster and without risk of severe addiction. If I had to use a comparison, imagine having a sore neck or a toothache and taking a pain killer. It gives you a brief comfort but it doesn't address the cause of the problem. Whether you acknowledge that and take it as it is or if you're going to end up depending on that feeling for escapism, it probably depends on your current state.

Basically, I'm all in for tasty stuff that makes me feel good once in a while! :blob_coffee:
    I'm already past the age of trying out random sh*t just to get high so I skip on the cheap liquor (y'all know, that kind they usually have at college parties) and can get a fancy bottle of something once in a while (Probably every 1-2 months).

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m actually the same. For me I usually drink twice a year. Once for a special day and once for my birthday. But there was a time I was blackout drunk. It was at a bachelor party. Otherwise I hardly ever drink nowadays. Mostly because my girl and my pastor would hurt me. Just kidding. Than again sometimes. I actually wish they would. The disappointment is worse. Lol. But lately a little less than 20 years of being semi dry. I’m tired of being the responsible one. A month or two ago I decided I’m an adult and I’m going to enjoy being one. So I try to have a Long Island ice tea or a cocktail every two weeks or so.
    So that’s my life and that’s why I said I understand what your going through. We’re all just normal people living our lives

Snowbun likes this.