Do Not Read These CN Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Shin Ah, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the guide to novel reading. Me, as your senior (here since when pluto was still a planet), will give you some pointers. Some but few novels are not CN novels tho.

DO NOT READ and i repeat DO NOT READ Emperors Domination, it's not worth it. (From someone who read too many chapters). Do not read Desolate Era, from someone who read the whole book. Same with Coiling Dragon. Compared to novels like I Shall Seal The Heavens it's not worth it. Do not read A Will Eternal, instead read The Strongest System for comedy. Do not read A Rebirth Thief, instead read Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. Do not read A Step into the Past, it will break your heart and mind (unless you want that). Do not read The Novels Extra, unless you can stop when it gets bad (first half superB). Deff. read Invisible Dragon, it's a beauty. Do not read "God" novels like MGA or PMG or anything God. Yes i also would not recommend ATG, but it's better than other "God"-Novels. Read Martial World tho. Avoid True Martial World, except the first 300chappies, they were really good. Avoid "Great Mage" stuff, read Warlock of the Magus World instead. Debatable, but i did not like Ze Tian Ji, World Of Cultivation, Reverand Insanity and LoTm, even after reading 500+ Chapters. It may give you joy tho, seems to be a love/hate relationship for many. Was disappointed by Nightfall. Was blown away by Forgotten Conqueror and The Empyrean Overlord. For sure for sure for sure read Once Upon A Time, There Was A Spirit Sword Mountain. For animes, an underrated one is One Outs, for movies, an underrated one is Hesher, for series for sure for sure for sure watch Bojack Horseman.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And take this advice from someone who has been here since before Pluto was a god: don't get easily swayed by opinions; be your own judge.

3. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    None of the ones you mentioned were objective garbage, though.

rialm likes this.
  4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    HHMMmmmhm

5. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    Peerless Martial God and Martial God Asura as well as Against the Gods (to a lesser extent) I can confidently say are objectively shit tier.

6. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legendary Moonlight Sculptor was recommended, wat? It is okay in the VR aspect but it is horrible once it dips out of the game aspects.
    I shall Seal the Heavens ain't worth it either. Renegade Immortal is a superior work from same author.
    Desolate era and Coiling Dragon is good for its action and has a better world building compared to most Xianxia. I have a couple in my list that I read when I am utterly bored that has the run of the mill " Anger X to further plot ".
    Warlock of the Magus World is eh... It was good till the last 300 chapters that was like a quick chase to Axe the project.
    King of Gods was fairly decent while it was easy and available for reading. So I wouldn't say all "god" novels are bad.

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  7. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed.

8. Heartless

Heartless May your heart be your guiding key

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm unsure whether you are serious or not. (feel free to whoosh me)

First I thought you were inverting your thoughts saying don't read ISSTH, Coiling Dragon and read Invisible Dragon. Then you started mixing bad novels into the "don't read" and good novels/animes into "read/watch".

It kinda feels like I'm looking at half an "anti-wuxiaworld" post and then the other half being a potpurri of both good and bad opinions.

rialm likes this.
  9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    But LMS sucks...

Pretty sure those are Korean...

rialm likes this.
  10. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure why emperors domination is the first example, I think its one of the most original novels out there, each title and name are very creative, repetitive but decently fun. I am not sure why A Will Eternal should be replaced, I find it an amazing comedy novel. A step into the past is also a decent novel, though very repetitive. Ze Tian Ji and Reverend Insanity are masterpieces, so not much to say

rialm and phonebinder like this.
  11. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    On hindsight, such novels do have their merits, because, without them, you wouldn't properly appreciate and treasure the actual masterpieces.

12. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The different levels of being a true novel connoisseur
    • wow i sure love magic school harem anime #4,639!
    • heh, harems are for losers, I like edgy anti-hero with a cape #2,574
    • heh, edgy is for losers, I like cultivation novel #6,248
    • lol invisible dragon
    • heh, cultivation novels are for losers, I like korean necromancy monster gate/dungeon novel #1,259
    • heh, korean necromancy monster gate/dungeon novels are for losers, i like xyz
    • I like invisible dragon ironically
    • heh, xyz is for losers I like...
    • heh ...
    • maybe invisible dragon is a lesson to all of us? A true work of art that transcends simple description?
    • ?
    While it's true some people think objectively garbage novels are the best thing ever. You just have to accept that some people aren't as cultured and sophisticated as us real ID fans. No point getting upset at the peasants who can't appreciate true literature. Hehe invisible dragon go woosh.

mir likes this.
  13. goddamnyuri_

goddamnyuri_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But Emperor Domination is a good read. Why is it not worthy of your time? the novel isn't interesting if you expect too much and not your cup of tea, bud. Are your advice about this is based on the story plot and flow? Not just a prejudice?

14. AzureEmpR

AzureEmpR Your Typical Bored Student

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao lots of people dislike MGA but I quite liked it when i first started reading and stuck to the novel for weeks reading to the latest chapter back then (probably like 3400?) but yeah try them yourself to judge

15. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact u name some of the most popular novels.... Is saying something.... Frankly its just ur opinion

Dr_H_16, Heartless and rialm like this.
  16. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly after reading a lot of novels all these years invisible dragon is the only one to this day i think was worth it, everything else just wasted my time.

Shin Ah likes this.
  17. chocolatecompimenta

chocolatecompimenta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did you know that lol /s
    I was liking novels extra but then, booom, An alien Invasion! A system! Demons and... I dont even remember anymore lol
    I also thanks it. Now i know why everyone hates KN novels

18. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Why? KN novels tend to be most popular these days.

19. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw i would recommend anyone not reading a novel with lots of resets unless you've already invested too much time and can't get out of the swamp. Chinese novels with domineering names most of the time tend to be generic ones and should be avoided at a certain stage. And don't expect anything from an urban chinese novel. When you see urban, chinese, harem, cultivation as a tag with names like Ultimate Doctor, Godly Physician, please stay away from those. Dunno if the names i wrote are actual novels, it might be true *shudders*. And finally do read atleast 100 chaps before dissing a novel if you aren't at a stage where you can identify a generic novel from just its description.
    And all of this is just my opinion based on my reading history.