Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. riftanmaxicalypse

riftanmaxicalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please spoil the chapter explaining Maxi's 2 magic affinities. Thank you!♡

bradpitt69 likes this.
  2. Rixi Calypse

Rixi Calypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Y0jik0 and GED like this.
  3. diddy02470

diddy02470 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

4. meeowmeeow

meeowmeeow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think there’s any explanation here, many wizards have multiple affinities!
    Maxi has affinity for earth and little bit of water, which is unusual, that’s why she’s called “Mud lady” :blobjoy:
    Meanwhile Ruth can all do affinity, but he is the best in wind-attribute magic. Ruth was called a genius wizard during his time in Nornui after all.

Common affinities are fire-wind, fire-earth, etc
    the author listed more in her Q&A but I forgot... I recommend everyone to read it!!

5. riftanmaxicalypse

riftanmaxicalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much @meeowmeeow and @ROEM CALYPSE ♡♡♡

Like what Uslin said, she only went to the World Tower just to save Riftan and Anatol (even Remdragon Knights of course). She tried to be strong to overcome her fear in dealing with strangers/strange place.

If she can only tell this to Riftan (in a heart-to-heart talk) :( Maxi did everything just to get back to her husband as soon as possible. She even throw the chance to be recognized as a high-ranking wizard.

Maxi: "I, I have no intention of staying in the World Tower. I want to get back to my husband's side as soon as possible... I mean, I've been desperately studying to get back to him. Please... Please keep this in secret."

Anyway, it would be great if Maxi can do ALL affinities as well just like Ruth :) Maybe, she can still improve her fire affinity. lol ☆

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  6. GED

GED Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why he left without the World Tower's permission...

7. creams

creams Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of Ruth, maybe there was a darker reason why he left nornui and not just because he doesnt want to be confined in one place doing nothing but research etc.
    He would remain quiet when being bullied in book 2. Maybe he saw something or was asked to do something and his uncle was used to blAckmail him.

HoneyTeaWithRabbits and Assya206 like this.
  8. meeowmeeow

meeowmeeow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really really hope the author would release Ruth’s side story/POV after book 2 ends..
    I, too, feel like there’s more reason to him leaving Nornui.. so many questions about his life before!! :hmm:

bbly and mj209 like this.
  9. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened to maxi after he was rescued by riftan...i know that riftan really took good care of her...and he is fattening her..hehe...after that what happenef...can somebody spoil it? thank you

10. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you soooooooo much! :blobnosebleed: I’m able to wait for OAK by satisfyingly reading your work! :aww:Please don’t stop! Can’t wait u write more side stories like this :love: :blob_grin::blobpopcorn:

11. aniarre

aniarre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello..im a new member of this amazing forum..and just really obsessed with this novel

Hope the author return soon ❤❤

bradpitt69 and Alessiavie like this.
  12. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh she did tell him. Not just tell, she shouted this at his face while throwing pinecones, and when there's no more pinecones, she started throwing him snow balls! :ROFLMAO: that scene was hilarious

.. Hmm now that i thinking about this scene, she actually landed a snowball at Riftan's face. How is that??!! She also threw a book at him and she also was able to hit him :blobjoy:
    Him being the best Knight to me is questionable :hmm:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  13. meepmedicine

meepmedicine Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feels like Riftan just rest open his arms and waiting to take the hits from dear Maxi ohoho

Ecstasy, mj209 and Y0jik0 like this.
  14. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here. This is summary of books1 and 2

mj209 likes this.
  15. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so I know how confusing the wizard information in Book 2 is with many names and attributes lol :blobastonished:

Here is a breakdown of the World Tower and it’s attribute towers locations in Nornui and also the breakdown of the wizards attending the expedition: ;) hope it helps clarify any confusion on who’s whom lol (at the beginning I was confused too :giggle:)

The World Tower consisted of five towers. Urd, a giant conical tower (where the top wizards reside), was located in the center of the Island, with fire tower Kavalla to the West, the water tower Undaim to the South, the wind tower Sigru (Sigur) located to the East, and Gnome Hall elevated and located to the North.

19 total wizards joined the expedition:

The only three of the top High-ranking wizards (like the ones managing the tower) allowed to go out reside in Urd, and include Calto (Ruth’s uncle), Anton, and Sellic

Four High-ranking senior wizards: Elena, Alburn, Ben, and last one (not completely sure) Landley

Three earth-attribute wizards (Gnome Hall): Maxi :love:, Annette, Armin

Three fire-attribute wizards (Kavalla): Miriam, Alben, Lucaine

Four wind-attribute wizards (Sigru/ Sigur): Kiehl, Jeffrey, Nevin, Sidina

Two water-attribute wizards (Undaim): Royald and Joel

Hope this helps… :blobpats: if any corrections needed, feel free to do so lol :blobsalute: took me a while gather this lol :blobdizzy:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  16. Sidetrack

Sidetrack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooookay! Here I go!
    Maxi and going into danger!!!
    I have been in a couple relatively low impact weather crises --
    - - - - = = AND - - -
    I think there are about 3 kinds of humans in a crisis -
    Those that freak- panic - or run away
    Those that panic and FREEZE and dont do anything
    Those that stay calm and move to help - - - - These are the ones that run to the burning vehicle to get the baby out, dive in the water to rescue a child, stay calm in a tornado.. flood . . hurricane - - -etc.. - They do not think of whether they will be injured, there is no time to consider the consequences, they just react.

This is what I think about our Maxi -
    From Somewhere Somehow she is preprogrammed to NOT PANIC - and to see what can be done and what she can do to help. She can't help it! -
    She learned(sort of) to not purposely go into danger- At Riftan's insistence - Command - -- - - BUT - remember when Riftans scout party did not return in time, she tried to take Talon and ride through the snow, even though she had no idea where Riftan actually was. THAT was purposely going directly into danger!! Duh!
    But her ability to automatically react under serious pressure---- use her abilities, talents, and 'chops' maybe known as 'balls' to some of you - as in magically moving rocks to the catapults, throwing shields over the soldiers, creating new treatments, and NOT LOOSING HER COOL- - EVER! Makes her most likely the most BADASS WIZARD on the continent!!

Weee!! - I love our Maxi!

17. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Really like the way u put this! Enjoyed reading it too and really understand what ur saying lol :blobmelt: Maxi is really badass without realizing her potential! So frustrating and admirable at the same time :notlikeblob::aww:

Sidetrack likes this.
  18. tickytocky

tickytocky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If im not mistaken, Sidina is a wind wizard. And Ben is a senior wizard from Undaim

I like the scene where she killed the goblin. I thought she would panic and call kuahel for help but she didnt! She handled the goblin herself! She has come a long way from a fragile noble lady to a badass wizard.

Ofcourse, if Riftan saw Maxi killed the goblin, he would ask her if she's okay and maybe scold her after that hahaha :blobjoy:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  19. zhrunplugged

zhrunplugged Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I started reading UNDER THE OAK TREE, I have constantly looked for Riftan quality in men I know. God, it's hard to find! While I read more and more Rift's POV I realized the character is not just a passionate lover but he is a vivid leader too, a lord in a true sense, and one who cares about people who rely on him. He rejects Duke's ugly offer not just because he sells short himself that he didn't deserve maxi but also for the good of Remdragon Knights. He couldn't afford to bring such a hard fate to people under his supervision who followed him. What a leader! He loved maxi to a point where imagining another knight's marriage to her was putting a knife to his heart yet he said no to the Duke's proposal, yet a sacrifice he makes.
    Riftan has time and again shown that he is not just a blind lover, he loves her to death and will give up everything for maxi for he has a knack to become a powerful aristocrat too. He built Antol by working endlessly, when Maxi left for the World Tower he was heartbroken, but unlike romantics who get depressed when they part he started building and working towards bettering his other love, his duty.

We saw this even during the Ethylene Castle war and Dragon city war. When he's on duty he's Remdragon Knight in full swing. I love how his personality changes from cold to soothing and his decisions of taking a break or prioritizing need of the hour changes to meet maxis wellbeing somehow, He's a caring husband here.
    Yes, he is cold to maxi in situations, but see it this way he knows the repercussions of being reckless. And as a driving force to so many, he can't put his personal feeling first. So it's not his anger towards maxi I see, but the duty that makes him cold.
    If love dragged him to the battlefield (all three wars), he made it his duty to give it a 100%.
    Somewhere Maxi understands him to an extent but due to lack of exposure to the struggles of Riftan who has comparatively led a tough life, but boy did he make it through :), she fails to understand Riftans behavior when he is cold.

I'm hoping Riftan gets his due respect from everyone, not just a count, but be the king he is.

20. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks I made the corrections lol (y)