Would You Take 100.000 Euros For 20 Years of Your Life

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shin Ah, Jul 23, 2021.

Tags:
?

Would you do the deal?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    You lose 20 years of longevity, you get 100.000 euros or dollars. So you die at lets say 60. Would you do the deal? I think i would do it. Poll!

Small edit: If you think about it, some people go get a masters in 5 years, work their a** off on a 9/6 for 15 years til they have half the money and they still cant travel the world or enjoy life or create a burger chain

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I would do it for 100x that price, 100.000 euros or dollars for 20 years is too little :hmm:

Lissi likes this.
  3. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, Never, Nada. I mean it's just 100000. You could easily earn double or triple amount in the given time.

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm, that is like what the opportunity cost of $5,000 per year... you'd have to be crazy to take that.

Deleted member 367916 likes this.
  5. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd go create 3 burger shops, make a big profit and enjoy awesome life for next 40 years

6. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, surely you jest. 100k won't even buy you 1 burger shop unless it is in the middle of nowhere.

Not to mention you do know things don't just magically manage themselves right?

"How much is a McDonald's Franchise? The total investment necessary to begin operation of a traditional McDonald's franchise ranges from $1,008,000 to $2,214,080. This includes an initial franchise fee of $45,000.00 that must be paid to the franchisor."

Even if you don't franchise, your costs aren't gonna be much lower. Maybe even higher.

Beren and ANonMouse like this.
  7. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    1 shop at a time ofc

8. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    You won't be able to afford that either.

"In total, McDonald's estimates that the average total startup investment ranges from $1,013,000 to $2,185,000, with franchisees netting an estimated annual profit of roughly $150,000."

It will take you more than 40 years to afford that even if you had the startup cost of 1 million to start your burger shop.

9. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    That is a terrible deal. Almost any job will earn you more than that…

10. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    Stay poor mate

Really? May i ask how much you can save a year

11. Lepsy

Lepsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably do it . It’s pretty hard to save 400€ a month though. At least now . In 10 years I won’t do it . Now it would be possible to buy a small flat and rent it out. You need to get the stone somehow rolling .

Shin Ah likes this.
  12. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Why? I am not lacking...

I save more than 100k per year.

Shin Ah likes this.
  13. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link

14. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a bad deal, lets say your lifespan is 60 years and you made the deal at 59 of age, isn't that instakill before you even use the money?
    Or you got the deal at your prime 20 years of age, you will lose the money at party or whatever hidden desire that never surface because lack of fund (example: You won't assault lolishota because you don't have enough money to bribe prison's chief), so you will penniless in no times and you will be back at start point/average life but with less lifespan
    Or (still at your prime) you invest the money, if it fail you go bankrupt and somewhat like some rpg game it become story with billion euro of debt and you seriously want to commit suicide (Bad end route) or if you success and the money multiplied (not in significant amount but it keep growing) you will have the mindset of successful businessman/woman and know you must live longer to gain more money, fame and authority, become the ruler of the world and maybe find your destined one (OTP Route) or more (Harem Route) but suddenly you realised your lifespan end here (omae wa mou shindeiru) so will feel regret, the journey only just starting but you must out and your kingdom of money will be pass to other (that less capable compared to you)

15. Lepsy

Lepsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

16. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if you can't save that much a year, it is still not worth it. As I pointed out, it is 5k per year. That is 3X less than minimum wage here in the US. And 6X less in some cities with higher minimum wage.

Technically speaking, you can get 5k per year in credit pretty easily, then declare bankruptcy. Better than losing 20 years of your life.

I mean let us put it this way, if you are poor, just the welfare programs like SNAP pays $1,500 per year for food.

It really isn't worth it no matter how you look at it.

17. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, ignoring the financial aspect of easily being able to out earn that in 20 years (5000 euros per annum isn’t much), there’s also an additional cost of the time you spend enjoying life. This includes the time you enjoy with family and friends, during leisure, and (if you enjoy or feel accomplishment from your job) the time spent working.

18. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not worth it at all. I know many people IRL whose jobs easily pay over 100k USD per year. Pretty sure jobs in my intended field will also pay around that amount, too.

I don't want to shave 20 years off my life for an amount I could earn in just 1.

Deleted member 367916 likes this.
  19. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really worth it even if the offer was 100K per year of life. Many people can earn that as a salary and I'm sure some would even say that they essentially sold a year of their life just so they could take care of their family for the year.

20. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even prisons reimburse more money to wrongfully convicted people per year lol. I think that it was at 20-50k per lost year?