Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Sidetrack

Sidetrack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maxi killed a goblin in Book 1 too. just before she used magic to loosen the boulder that caused the landslide that killed the demons and saved Eth-lene castle. That fight with the goblin is what caused her miscarriage - Chap 162

2. mj209

mj209 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like your perspective and agree that sometimes is hard to understand his struggles and his duties, that we may even say he is cold or suffocating… he does things for the people that looks up to him and care about him, but due to his life experiences he doesn’t like to attach to anyone, even to the point he wished not attaching himself to Maxi, but to no avail as she is the only one that has entered his heart since he was just a boy :cry:

3. creams

creams Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I just say YES.

In the novel, both Maximilian and Riftan receives the most ridicules and misunderstandings. But it is Riftan who gets the most insults, he's been called a rapist, abuser, monster etc but if only these damned readers who reads with their ears could at least widen their perspective and view in the world the characters are living in, I think there'll be no misunderstandings at all.
    It's just sad that despite his efforts, he's still viewed negatively by other readers. The world and period they live in has a huge differences with culture, laws and treatment with women and commoners. It's unfair to judge them on our standards, don't you think?

That part has been spoiled in page 35 of this forum by @HappyGnome
    Chapter 173-174 of book 1
    Ps. Put a tissue roll beside you.

4. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that was hot write some more...

5. jjcheng

jjcheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We readers all know Riftan’s vulnerable side from Riftan’s POV. But Maxi (and including other knights) know very little about it. Riftan keeps saying that he has showed Max everything from bottom up...but gods knows there is still so many to be told. I wish Maxi could also read Riftan’s POV lol

In book 1, the reveal of Max’s abuse is a big turning point, I kinda feel the reveal of Riftan’s past would be a big turning point in Book 2 too.

6. Alessiavie

Alessiavie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean...to find a man that :
    • Extremely gorgeous and good looking
    • Willingly throw himself in front of the dragon and fight his heart out just to be able to coming back home to you
    • Offer you his whole genuine heart, soul and (hot) body --> you guys know what i mean ehmm..
    • Loyal to you, always true to you, taking care of you, only pay attention to you, willing to protect you at all cost (more than his life)
    • Build a castle for you and will buy everything you want (beautiful dresses, jewelries etc)
    Yeah...you are right, its difficult to find a man like that..LOL :blobxd::blobxd:

I sometimes even unconsciously comparing my hubby to Riftan lol, anyway, aside from the fighting dragon and castle part, hubby is a decent man though :blob_grin::blob_grin:, the good part is i am glad that my hubby always discuss and share everything with me, include me entirely in his life good or bad, and i know he listens and trusts my opinion, acknowledge me as his equal, which i think you need this kind of quality in relationship, and unfortunately Riftan quite lack of it. He put Maxi on pedestal, while what Maxi wanted is him to include her in his life (not just being a submissive wife), hence she wiling to go to war with him, to protect him, fight along side his husband like Agnes (and i get why Maxi has jealousy towards Agnes in this part), she desperately wanted Riftan to acknowledge her.

I have so much love for Maxi, however i find myself keep sided with Riftan after reading his POV. With that being said, i don't really like reading the comments on the LNH page at this moment, haha, the readers comment to Riftan is so insensitive (might be because they haven't read his POV), however i have so much respect and so grateful to the translator of that page (if you guys read this, THANK YOU for your hardwork :aww:) .

YES YES YES, It annoys me everytime i read negative comments about him, i feel like defending him but i knew it would be useless unless the readers already read his POV.

7. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    after the tragic event at ethelyn...what were the knights thought about what happened to maxi?

i admire your description about riftan..he always get a negative review on some readers..maybe they have not read his POV yet...i dont know...But even before i have read his POV.. i have never doubted his character...i was intrigued on why he was obssessed with maxi..there must be a strong force that makes him behave that way...and i was not surprised when i read his POV...and he is just dreamy...but seriously guys...can somebody make a a video of riftan..down with sickness..by DISTURBED.. I'm imagining him riding Talon with his Knights...it would be a sick badass video....

Alessiavie and GED like this.
  8. mariannaxx

mariannaxx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/under-the-oak-tree.97759/
    Hello, how did you manage to get an adult certification? I already did the 1:1 inquiry part and I got an email about that but still I can't access the novel.

9. creams

creams Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there were no descriptions on the knights about the ethelene incident of Maximilian. the author said in a interview posted in naver that she was thinking of adding more pov of knights, but even that is unsure. i just hope she does add them, to me, they're thoughts deserved to read as well. of course, there will surely be a Riftan pov for book 2 and maybe with the ethelene incident.

even i wasn't disturbed with the first 2 chapters of the novel even though i havent read his pov.

10. jjcheng

jjcheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe they will send an email to notify you after they have verified your ID. Then you just need to login to your Ridi account (if you account is already logged in, try log out first then log back in), and you should be able to purchase 19+ novels.

cree94 and mariannaxx like this.
  11. zhrunplugged

zhrunplugged Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ANY INFORMATION ABOUT WRITER OF UTOT? I really wanna know the author suji Kim. I could’nt find her on social media ? Can someone share and info on author ?

12. natfir

natfir Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll summarise what happened in the chapter right after the one you're talking about:

Riftan became even more obsessed than he already was about making sure Maxi is okay and at the same time he was preparing to go to war with the Duke (Maxi's father). He kept this from Maxi but one day when Maxi was looking out the window she saw strangers coming into the castle and thought it was odd that she wasn't informed about it.
    She asked Rudis what was going on and Rudis said they're hired mercenaries. Maxi started suspecting that Riftan was preparing for war and obviously wanted more information but Rudis didn't provide any more so Maxi went out of the room to investigate. She was somewhat spying on them trying to listen in to the conversation when suddenly Ruth discovered her and asked her what she was doing.
    Maxi got a bit flustered because she was caught eavesdropping and this was also the first time speaking to Ruth since he saw her being physically abused by her father at Croix Castle.
    Anyways Ruth brought her to a room and had a talk with her where he basically told her everything and what Riftan's plans are. Maxi had a few concerns and Ruth addressed them:
    1) Maxi was confused why the Remdragon Knights would agree with Riftan because the Seven Kingdoms Treaty is important and should not be broken. Ruth said that the knights have long been against the duke ever since the Red Dragon subjugation was forced upon them and furthermore, the duke harmed Maxi and Maxi is considered as part of the Remdragon family.
    2) Maxi was afraid that all the Remdragon knights now know about the physical abuse she endured. Ruth comforted her saying that none of the people who witnessed it told anyone but because of the sombre mood, everyone could come to their own conclusions that something terrible happened to Maxi even though they don't know the details.
    3) Maxi was concerned about another round of violence and bloodshed, given that they had all just returned from an exhausting war. Ruth said of course there will be damage and although the Duke has a larger amount of manpower, the Remdragon knights are stronger than all of them combined.

Still even after addressing these concerns, Maxi remained unconvinced that this was the right solution. She also felt very guilty that things have unfolded this way because of her. She wished she had been stronger and more trusting that Riftan loves her unconditionally. If she was, she wouldn't have been convinced by the Duke that Riftan wanted a divorce because of her miscarriage and she wouldn't have followed him back to Croix Castle.

She asked Ruth to please convince the knights and she will try to convince Riftan to withdraw his declaration. However, Ruth asked her if she even knew her own father. Her father is not known to back down and he will find other ways to retaliate so they might as well go to war.
    At the end of the talk with Ruth, Maxi thanked him for explaining and started to leave the room but just before she left, Ruth stopped her and warned her not to do anything stupid and reckless like trying to contact her father. Maxi was so surprised that Ruth seemed to know what she was thinking.

Anyways as you probably know, they didn't end up going to war and Maxi had to leave for the world tower to save Riftan from a trial. However, it is revealed later that despite not going to war, Riftan went into a sort of trade war with the Duke and formed powerful business and military alliances that allowed Anatol to become a prosperous city while increasingly undermining the Duke's influence.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  13. GED

GED Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who said Riftan is an abuser, rapist, monster? Show them to me and I will eat them aliveeeee..!!!!! grrrrrr!!! How dare them say things against Riftan...!! Riftan fan here....

14. Alessiavie

Alessiavie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [

Me too... i am so curious about the author, i couldn't find anything via google. I wonder when he/she will resume writing this novel as well..

Moment of silent for all members here which has been discovered this novel back in 2019..(if you read from the 1st page of this thread, you know what i mean :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:) i hope i wouldn't have to wait until 2023:blobsweat::blobsweat:

bradpitt69 likes this.
  15. Safeng

Safeng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, there may not be a Gabel POV for Book 2, since Gabel and Uslin are in Anatole in book 2.

BUT, come to think of it, I would like an Elliot POV of that first strategic war meeting (not Hebaron as I first mentioned), because Elliot had seen Maxi in action a lot. He was in the same group when they went to survey outside of the monster city. I remember when Maxi killed her first monster, a goblin, and she used the assassination move taught by Uslin, Elliot was speechless when he learned that she killed it herself. (This was actually a funny chapter, too, because Maxi said Uslin didn't tell her that so much blood would sprout, and Kuahelion said dryly, it should be expected when you stab a carotid? artery.)

16. mariannaxx

mariannaxx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it worked! I logged out and signed in again. I can access the novel now. Thanks!!!

17. tickytocky

tickytocky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And then she was annoyed, she said he could have done it for her. Then kuahel replied 'it seems like you didnt need any help so i just stood still' hahah maxi be like :blobunamused::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:

18. marklee.activist

marklee.activist Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omgg can i know what chapter is this??? thankyouu

19. aniarre

aniarre Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the ridi conformed that the author is writing a follow up work and will be returning this year.

Really hope its soon and not like the end of the year :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmile::blobsmilehappy:

Book 2 ch 61

20. mariannaxx

mariannaxx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Can you spoil me about what happened to Maxi during their travel going to Livadon when they were walking alongside with their horses and then Riftan shouted that Maxi needs to cast a barrier because there are goblins? Was she able to put up a barrier on time or was she harmed? It was kinda a cliffhanger on an English translated site (the next update is on Monday) and I can't find a detailed translation here about that journey. Thank you!

Erynazri1998 likes this.