Discussion Novel v/s Reality

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RebirthofNovel, Jul 21, 2021.

1. RebirthofNovel

RebirthofNovel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Modern world novels, most chinese rich second generation guys have affairs with multiple actress, but in real life their is rarely any scandal of actress being with some rich guy (Only some fellow actor have this scandals). So is novel world completely fictional or has some basis to it?

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The showbiz domain is full of scandals, just that not everything is public, some novels contain some truth and some don't, but whether they do or not, novels usually exaggerate things to attract readers, you know they need to create enough drama and maybe tragedy in order to make the plot gain some success with the reader

3. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know the right answer for you question for I only a bottoms or middle in pyramid society. But I can say this, where they got a smoke, their might be had fire. So I can't rule out the possibility

4. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some truth in those modern novels settings.

Actually right now...after the pandemic many bloogera emerge...I don't usually watch them since I inclined more on reading, but my mom unexpected like to watched those random blogs.

And recently, many scandals rose and it became an entertainment for many bored people.

5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m reminded of myths in history and stories. Some are based on reality. Just like gossip of today. No one in their right mind admits to doing something naughty, but it has happened. So it’s not far fetched to see a possibility of it happening again. In essence you’ll probably never know for sure. Even with in confutable proof. They can still gaslight you. So personally I would take everything with a grain of salt and think of the possibilities as interesting passing thought. Here’s a good saying-
    “Believe nothing, suspect everything”

6. RebirthofNovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Scandals for popularity like pairing of actor and actress to increase revenue might be very boring.
    But some rich second generation guy sleeping around with actresses and changing them like clothes in novels, I would be very interested in reading it

7. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is actually true. It's more like an open secret to the people inside the industry. It isn't entirely that wrong. For example, we have some scandals involving actresses who got caught for prostitution. The customers aren't just businessmen, but also politicians. But, well, that's it. Also, about fake couples? Oh, they definitely exist. But they're just celebrities/people who need clout for their careers. Most of them succed though, so...

Also, don't even talk about those conglomerates, even people whose ranks in companies or such aren't that high, some of them have 2nd wives or mistresses. Hell, I've even heard of common people cheating, so not that surprising. But I really can't understand people from X Company. Why the hell do they always use the excuse of, "My wife is sick, she can't even walk," Bro, what the hell are you talking. Your wife can even walk like Flash in a pair of seven inch high heels.

8. RebirthofNovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he read too much of Long Aotian novel

9. idlereader

idlereader 『Agentt's Aunt』『Don't touch the Flowersss!!!!』

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels are just like movies. They incorporate real life things to their stories but won't actually follow them to the tee (some even exaggerate them). Everything is accepted (mostly) in the name of a good narrative.

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  10. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the actresses have to sign a NDA before entering into a relationship with really rich guys?

11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It's actually quite common. The only difference is whether they flaunt it or not. Almost every unmarried celebrity and model in China has some sort of scandal. Even Waiwai once lived as a sugarbaby of a businessman when she lived in Shanghai. That was before Chinajoy, though, after which, her face was everywhere for a while. She got so many job offers that she could afford to pick the best-paying ones and move out of the apartment her sugardaddy gave her.

Back when Ai-chan was a fashion model, Ai-chan too had to play around with those rich boys. It's not that Ai-chan was sugarbaby, it's just that you need to play with them because you need the connection in order to get a contract. Most of the time you just keep them company, being a hanger girl in one of their arms or going on a vacation with them in their yatch and pose for their social media accounts.

Some other times, you do need to do 'more' to persuade them to give you a contract. It is also quite common that they broke the contract if they are unsatisfied with you, even if they have to pay the agency a penalty for breaking the contract. So it is in your best interest to keep these rich boys happy with you.