Discussion Am I the only one offended?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dizaster, Jul 25, 2021.

?

Random doubts I have

1. Is gender pronouns important towards stranger

33.3%
  2. You can be casual with pronouns

44.4%
  3. hate outsiders passing comments on couples

22.2%
  4. Won't care when ppl say gour gf/ sister etc isn't worthy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Do ppl call others words like Karen in person?

22.2%
  6. Corona is coroding people's logic

22.2%
  7. Do you call strangers bro / sister-Yes

55.6%
  8. No

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMG_20210725_084329.jpg ME FIGHTING IN YOUTUBE COMMENTS AND BEING THOROUGHLY SCOLDED:

I have a question. Am I the only one who gets offended when people call me names like Karen, sicko or go see a psychiatrist all over a random cment that 'somehow this looked a bit satisfying'??
    There was a comment that went like 'you should leave that chick, she's so rude'.
    Personally I didn't find her rude, just the loud type ( who sometimes can give yo goose bumps with their shrill voice - OH Dear dont doooo thaaat) you know that kind
    So I replied that
    • Don't call random girl chicks.
    • Don't say someone is not worthy of someone else when their relationship is none of your business
    And then I was bombarded with comments calling me Karen, feminist and whatnot. And that I should see a psychiatrist.

So I cleared that the word chick was used by boys when eve teasing around me and otherwise I haven't heard of it much in my surroundings. And I apologise if I was wrong. And to put their opinions politely even if they have negative opinions to share.

And some of the responses were:
    1. Don't use pronouns like he / she and miss or master when you don't know their gender and use 'your' instead.
    2. You're weird to call random strangers bro
    3. You're narc I think. ( Which I assume means narcissistic)
    4. You're being overly defensive and stop crusading people with long comments.
    5. Stop your knight mentality
    6. Chick is not a bad word and even if you apologise, you put forth a victim mentality about your social and financial issues.
    7. Here's the worst one IMG_20210725_081848.jpg IMG_20210725_082212.jpg Screenshot_2021-07-25-08-17-53-741_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

I don't understand what's going through these people's minds. Fine it was wrong of me to not know that chock isn't a bad word.

But I don't understand what's worse, criticizing people for using chicks or calling people mentally ill, Karen, narc, victim mentality etc.

Are they even sane or am I the only one who's retarded. Or my understanding of English language is lacking and just like chick those words are not offensive and am being over dramatic.

P.S the chick comment was like me posting chick comment, the guy clarifying it as a casual word, me apologising, another women calling me out saying it's better to be called chick than bitches and blah blah.
    No further comment was made on this. And then this guy came out with this passage.

Anyway I just commented back saying that I love to talk a lot 'whatcha you gonna do about it 'and if he's not tolerant of it, he can just skip and no one's forcing him to read. And I do talk a lot.:blobsweat_2:
    Am I wrong?? I don't care about these negative comments but just want to understand the situation better.

Here's the OG comment: Screenshot_2021-07-25-08-17-53-741_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I was taking this seriously until I realized you were talking about YouTube comments.

3. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobjoy:. Because of corona we can only fight online. And this is the first time ever for me to be in a confrontation online so this is pretty bewildering for me

4. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    That guy had enough time to waste typing out such long paras full of pseudological bs why not just have a good laugh at his expense~~?:blobthinkingsmirk:

aShinyVaporeon and Dizaster like this.
  5. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd feel offended too, but online people aren't very logical so... take it with a pinch of salt

6. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Tsk tsk tsk, you're a fool if anybody takes anything seriously in the YouTube comments. Just call everyone a retard, insult their parents and don't give a shit about pronouns and everything in general like I do and you'll be invincible.

The key point is never show weakness and state your opinion as a fact.

You're simply just too green.

Lissi, albeldayuia and Dizaster like this.
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'd be annoyed at being called a chick tbh. Seems like a somewhat rude word to me.

OTOH, if someone calls me a Karen or whatever, then usually I just tell them that Ad Hominem doesn't make their argument any better and leave it at that.

Basically, if they resorted to insulting me as part of their argument, then I don't see why I should care about their point, they probably have nothing meaningful to say anyways~

8. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Youtube comments are as toxic as reddit comments.

I use the word chick all the time I never knew it was offensive to anyone.
    Example-
    me- hey do you remember that chick?
    him - which one?
    Me- the one with red shirt. <--- stuff like that

Just like I use the word fag when I am with my friends we call each other all kinds of things while we are making fun of each other.

I still use he/she him/her unless I clearly know that they want to be addressed as. I don't think this needs to change, but I can understand if you want to be gender neutral. <-- I still think this doesn't make sense, but everyone has their own views and I'm old.

9. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm under 20 and I still think that's weird. To each their own I guess.

10. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    When people are born and raised in a (physically) comfortable environment (to some degree), they tend to become oversensitive to otherwise trivial issues. This is an especially prevalent problem in first world countries. If you go to third world countries, where lunch and dinner are a more pressing issues, and survival is at stake, everything else becomes a non-issue. I am not blaming anyone, we are simply the product of our environment.
    I used to be oversensitive as a kid, when people called me all sorts of things. I wouldn't give a damn now, because I have a job and my monthly expenditure to worry about. Can't spare the time and effort.
    One shining example of this is that girl called Greta. Then there are the so called young SJW's and internet warriors. These kinds of people have their parents paying for everything. They don't achieve anything substantial. All they do is preach and protest, be rude on social networks, be angry all the time like the world owes them something. I say send these people to Africa to survive on their own for a few months.
    PS: no offense intended towards ms. Greta but if she was so worried about climate change, then go get a degree in climate science or material science, and find a f*#&ing practical solution.

Lissi, Shalalalala, Despapa69 and 3 others like this.
  11. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    1. even thu you stated your side, idk the full story truly. i saw a snapshot of their comment but not snapshot of your initial comment they're replying too.
    2. Depends on the culture. Here people in the US call girls chick for slang. Like hey look at that hot chick. Don't really find it offensive tbh. However, if you call a girl chicken in Cantonese, its slang for prostitute. They probably have different slangs for girl thu. So depends culture i think.
    3. internet likes to call people names. people jump on a bandwagon using a word and they slap it on everything. Such as simp. And a lot of times when it becomes popular to use it and stuff, people just slap it on things even when situation is not like that at all.
    4. based on your statement, i dont think you're a karen. and internet likes to bash on feminists as they see all feminists as radical and extreme, even when they are not. as for calling ppl mentally ill or sicko, yeah internet debates often resort to name calling and throwing words around at one another.

Dizaster likes this.
  12. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    I did put the OG comment, just forgot to put in full image

13. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The moment you start arguing on the internet, you already lost.

14. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    A wise man once said:
    Lesson learned

IceLight303 likes this.
  15. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    i hate it when ppl lump feminists as all feminazis. ofc, there are people that make things oversensitive that is just...

yeah. ik you described what you said, just didn't see image of your comment.

16. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Silence is gold...

17. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    never fight with the trolls; they get off on causing chaos and pain.
    if you're really offended you could try reporting it but most likely YT will just ignore it.

Dizaster and IceLight303 like this.
  18. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people find the word chic extremely offensive. I tend to avoid looking at comments on most platforms because no matter what you say someone it's going to disagree with you, and attack you. I saw someone say that it was their fault for being in an abusive relationship and that if they got hit, they should just suck it up, why were they with that person in the first place. To be clear they were arguing that being hit was the victim's fault and not a valid reason to leave the other person. A lot of people commented back that the commenter was wrong but a lot of people were in agreement. I thought domestic violence was frowned on by everyone but I guess I was wrong. So don't take it to heart and realize that people will always disagree with you resort to name calling and petty insults to try to win. In the long run these comments meann nothing and should be ignored.

Dizaster likes this.
  19. Dizaster

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand anyway all this started mainly because I was irked by that she's not worth it comment.
    I have 3 close sisters:
    1. The eldest one(cousin 1) caused trouble on her own and her arrogance nearly toppled her marriage but now after 5 years she's pretty stable
    2. The second cousin (full blooded sis of cousin 1) was married in Jan 2020 and couldn't go live with husband after he left in jan for his job abroad and then corona. Her in laws who had more dependants than providers (1 mentally handicapped elder brother, a widowed mother, divorced sister and widow of younger brother) and they all lusted after bro in laws fat paycheck. They created a rift between husband and wife who weren't together and finally my sister got divorced within an year of marriage which is a huge deal here.
    3. My full blooded sister married together with cousin 2 and she too had to be separated from husband as bro in law (Jija) lives in Australia and couldn't get to bring her there cause of corona. Now my sister's in laws also are doing such games behind the back where they're sweet on surface but instigate discord behind their back. Now she's still barely putting up, hoping things get better when she's finally able to live with her husband.
    I don't know why such toxic people love to use the sentence ' She's not good enough for you, leave her you deserve a better one'
    Seeing her such is so painful and I hate these selfish people who get involved in other people's relationships just to satisfy their vanity.

I have observed the many marriages around me and found that the saying that the first two years in a relationship are tough is absolutely true. Those people fight a lot over their differences in the initial years and as the divorce in here is highly looked down upon, they haggle for a while but later they're so accepted of each other that the men who used to keep complaining about their wives shortcomings now only say my wife is soo good that she does this and that in public and never listen to opinions otherwise.
    But what hurts me the most is when over the petty issues these people are like she's not worth it, leave her.. can't see sister in pain and can't imagine how I'll deal with it if I am placed in the same scenario.

20. Krinxin

Krinxin Book of Weird Animal Facts

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I don't really mind being called a chick since chick is just a slang word for girl, though I can see how that may be offensive to some people. But this may just be because I was used to saying it while growing up. Karen on the other hand doesn't sit right with me and I would be really irritated if someone called me that.