Ever accidentally called your teacher "mom"?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Walter vi Britannia, Jul 26, 2021.

?

Have you done anything similar?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    75.4%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see this a lot around the internet, seems like it's pretty common. I don't remember calling a teacher "mom" but I did once call the janitor "teacher" by accident. It would've been way more embarrassing had I not instantly made another mistake and called our actual teacher "uncle". Then it just became too silly and hilarious to be embarrassing.

The story was that our teacher made me stand up to answer a question when the janitor came in with a message for me from the principal, don't remember the contents. So that's when I accidentally ended up calling him teacher, then to excuse myself from the class I ended up calling our teacher uncle, the class started laughing but I was in a hurry, I walked to the door, realized I probably said something weird, turned around, made a confused face, asked "did I just...?" then shook my head and left. The absolute silliness of that moment makes it less embarrassing for me though, what do you think? Is it an embarrassing story?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    xnvesha.14 and Anra7777 like this.
  2. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl jnvfnvfutucbdtcbbyhn

Reading List:
    Link
    Where I come from receiving a massage from the principal would be more awkward than calling your teacher mom. Not to mention he had the janitor handle it on his behalf.

3. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, but I once called a sub, who is a notoriously mean old lady, "Sir" lol. She wanted to kill me afterward. The whole class had one hell of a show to enjoy as she chewed me out lol :blobpopcorn_cool:

4. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh the principal was a teacher too so we weren't that afraid of him, it was a small and rather rural school, the janitor usually handled all the errands for the principal. Plus, I was the class representative so we often got called for event planning and shit for big days like sports festivals and whatnot. The usual stuff. It's not scary when you know what you might be being called for, I don't remember the details but the janitor did come in with a message, so I am pretty sure what he told me was something that didn't need worrying about.

5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely did. It was because I was used to saying "mom" when I needed something, so I accidentally said that to my female teachers in elementary sometimes.

Writer_Luna, Shipper_notM and Jojo775 like this.
  6. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, was it embarrassing? Or did you just gloss over it as a mistake?

7. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Have called many teachers aunt until 3rd grade due to the fact that some of my aunts were teachers at the school and I couldn't quite differentiate people well back then.

8. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, that reminds me of a classmate whose mom was a teacher at our school. It always felt weird hearing her call her teacher. Like, I could never do that, calling my mom teacher.

9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    i think you didn't get what he means....the word "massage" instead of "message"....he is making a joke about your typo....the principal sent a janitor to give you a "massage" in it's place

10. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was Homeschooled so yes I did it every day and not by accident either:blobowoevil_horns:

11. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve called my teacher mom but not by accident . I was in elementary school at the time and it wasn’t uncommon in the school to call your teacher mom if you were really close to them . Only did it for a year tho then I stopped doing it because I thought it was weird to call your teacher mom.

12. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not an English-speaking country, the term of address for female teachers and mother is the same here. As do male teachers and father.
    My mom is my 1st and 2nd grade teacher, but since I call her the same way, there's no awkwardness when calling, just awkwardness in general
    But there's a female teacher that I once called with male term of address out of nervousness. I don't know if she didn't notice or just didn't care, she ignored it.

13. Saphychan

Saphychan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it wasn't by accident. I absolutely loved my form master and mistress in high school and had no qualms calling them mom and dad, especially my form master, who was also my math teacher.

When I tell you that I suck at math, I suck! And during high school I was often absent due to being hospitalized. He would send me YouTube videos so I could keep up and stay back after class to answer my questions, he was such a sweet soul. I absolutely loved him!

I passed Math with a Grade 2. ✌

Shipper_notM likes this.
  14. MinUp

MinUp Maidenless, yet Homiefull

Reading List:
    Link
    My mom was my teacher in 2nd year hs in sci & ad chem so there were A LOT of times that I would just call her mama

15. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was growing up the only reason you would call your teacher is about homework. I never even got the number cus I was a bad bad putty cat who never did his homework, but still manage to get b's and c's because he could remember everything that was lectured or in the book.
    It was around 8th grade that I started doing homework.

16. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    Never called a teacher mom, but I did end up accidentally calling a male teacher bro. It wasn't embarrassing, though, as he was a pretty chill guy, not one of those power tripping ones. He was indeed a bro.

17. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope... :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

None of my teachers are similiar to my mom in the slightest, so I've never made that mistake :blobsweat:

18. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to call my teacher mom cuz it's was for club related reason

Honestly I didn't want to, but had to :blobsmile:

19. Tenzyfrenzy

Tenzyfrenzy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, have actually done it a few times. I can't tell you how awkward it is to slip up and call a **male** teacher mom. The class got a good laugh out of that one...

20. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, but I once called my algebra 2 teacher by her first name, LMAO. She was hella pissed