Discussion Birthdays - What type of person are you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wizard007, Jul 26, 2021.

?

What do you think of 'strangers' calling you on your birthday

1. By 'strangers' I mean people you don't know that well but are linked somehow, if that makes sense

4.3%
  2. OK

26.1%
  3. Don't care

34.8%
  4. Don't like it

34.8%
  1. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a half rant, so can just skip to bottom
    Don't know about you but for my birthday I get a variety of messages. There are the people who send it at midnight, the people that send when the wake up, the people that send when they remember, the people that forget and only remember because of a group chat. You also have the people that just send 'happy birthday' with sometimes emoji or the people that send a video. Lastly (I know there are other types of people, but I don't have the energy to put them all down), the group of people I hate the most personally are the people that call. I understand that they wanna talk and all but I am really bad at talking to people on the phone especially; relatives that I haven't even spoken more than a few sentences with now wanna have a full on convo. The conversation literally goes like this
    Them: Happy Birthday or sings the whole songs (most annoying as I have to wait for them to finish)
    Me: Thank you
    awkward silence
    Them: How are you doing?
    Me: Good
    awkward silence
    Them: How is your siblings or parents doing
    Me: Fine (always change for a bit of spice):blobowoevil:
    awkward silence
    eventually they get the message that I don't to talk to them and hang up

I didn't understand this pain until I turned 13 and i had so many people calling. I literally always have my phone on silent and do not disturb so they ended telling my parents that I wasn't answering. Before that they would all just message on a group chat and then one of my parents would show me the messages.

Another rant is about replying, because i had so many people sending messages and it got to the point where i just put 'thx' and then left it. Just thought of another question

Anyway, what i wanted to ask was what type of person you are in terms of sending birthday messages etc
    Also what type of person are you in terms of replying to birthday messages?
    Had to wait a whole 30 min because I wanted to post at midnight
    You should feel sad for me
    I had to stay up way past my bedtime:blobsleeping:
    BYEEE!!!!

Sorry about the 'open at your discretion', it doesn't really work but came to my head and it sounded really formal so wanted to add:blob_grin:

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like birthdays to begin with XD
    Good night

3. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk, my family forgot my birthday. I use to be the one that remembers everyone’s birthday, but I guess they considered me a stranger so I’ve stopped. These days I keep forgetting my friends birthday and only telling them when I remember. Honestly I just joke around about it now, I gift them things whenever I feel like it anyways so it probably make up for it

4. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don't have friends irl and if I did, I just won't tell them my birthday blobmelt_thumbs

5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    No one calls me for my birthday o.o
    I'm kinda envious, haha~

For the online messages/IRL convos, I usually say "thank you" and start a little convo with them, maybe to catch up or something. I always appreciate it when someone remembers (even if they only did so the day of because of someone else, or if they actually forgot and only wished me a happy birthday weeks later), and it's not like it's every day of the year, so it's not too tiring to reply imo. blobmelt_thumbs

6. xnvesha.14

xnvesha.14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember my family birthdays and close friend birthdays and I usually just message them or call based on their preferences. (Calls for family during the day and messages to friends at midnight). Others, well I usually just forget but instagram stories are there to remind me! Then I simply dm them a "Happy Birthday *insert name*!!" For replies, I always just say various versions of Thank Yous and ask them for gifts if someone calls or asks for a party.

7. ShadowAscetic

ShadowAscetic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My family don't celebrate birthdays so I never actively mention my birth date during conversation. That's why I only got one or two massages during my birthday, most of them are from my best friend or my big brother. Although sometimes my old friends would check on their fb account and sent happy birthday messages after they saw the reminder date, I just reply them with thank yous and sent cute stickers

8. Cutie Iyana

Cutie Iyana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I celebrate my birthday with my family, There isnt a day when I missed celebrating my birthday~! (。・∀・)ノ゙

9. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t celebrate birthdays :blobneutral: but for my younger siblings the most we’ll do is just get some cake to eat and say “oh ur x age now huh?” Or “how old are u now?”