Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i hope there will be a book 3..c'mon you know this novel deserve a book 3... can we have a petition on that?

bradpitt69, chubchub and fruKv like this.
  2. Alessiavie

Alessiavie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel your frustration lol..When i first found out about this spoiler thread a month ago, i was literally open these pages one by one (from page 1) to read all the spoilers scattered through out this pages. Sometimes i still missed some parts of the spoilers though, if so, i just scrapped through the thread again (if i really couldn't find it, then i just shamelessly asked :blobsweat_2:). What i am trying to say is, to all lovely new member in this thread..if we really love this amazing novel, it shouldn't be an issue to have a little effort to search through the pages first before asking. Ofcourse occasionally we would support and reply with the spoiler links again, but it seems there is so many repeated request of the same spoilers recently (which already spill previously). Please be patient and just try to go through the pages before asking the same question, Just my two cents. Sending all the love. :aww::aww:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Arifiana, chubchub, carmelle and 8 others like this.
  3. Chikitaki

Chikitaki New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi. how was riftan react when he found that maxi is miscarriage? what actually happen that lead to maxi's miscarriage?

4. Rixi Calypse

Rixi Calypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s spoiled somewhere in the pages. Not sure which page exactly. If you go through each page, I assure you will find it, plus more spoilers.

I bet Riftan would want that more in the bedroom! Bathing and ya know what I mean. Still, I hope he allows Maxi to heal him when he’s injured or cook for him. I read somewhere in Book 1, Maxi used to attend to him getting dressed cause Riftan does not like servants doing it.

5. zhrunplugged

zhrunplugged Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, Riftan is no noble and does not intend to become one when he got his fife and gathered wealth. Riftan loves his land and people. Not taking help from servants is part of who he is. From a very young age, he has taken care of himself. He had an ignorant mother who never attended him except one time when he was burning with fever when he saved maxi. He has live not depended on others, against the odds of acquiring riches he is still humble. He's a well-travelled man, he understands it's the duty of a wife to attend to her husband. He will accept any gesture of maxi as he values it the most. He's craving for her attention not just in bed :).

I wonder if readers understand why the author has given us POV's for different characters?
    I read regarding one of my posts that maxi should read Riftan's POV to love him better.
    I disagree.

I had read somewhere, the true beauty of a relationship is when you love a person for who they are. I find POV as justifications of circumstances. I may be wrong here but POV 's are for readers to get to know the characters and how the story had its turn and why decisions were made.
    Love discovers and paints the person you fall in love with your own imagination. I would love maxi to explore why she fell in love with this man. Not just because she was abused and starving for love, but she did see what a person Riftan was. How he made things alien to her easy and enjoyable, passionate.
    The wonder of this tale so far is the characters and growing together. Learning to love and trust, socially awkward, speech challenged Riftan and maxi are communicating with gestures of care.

The love between Riftan and maxi is meant to be. As a reader of fantasy I want them to love each other without reason. Yes, maxi knowing Riftan saved her would justify him loving her deeply.
    But as a romantic, I would not wish that to be the sole reason for him to love her. He's familiar to her as he knows her from a young age and desires her. But I doubt all his mad love is just on that notion. As I see it, his love and care grew when maxi started living in Antol. When he knew the real her is when his love peaked and he lost it when he saw that person on the verge of death.
    Some stories should be kept unspoken of. As much as we readers make maxi's abuse a big part of her personality, Riftan didn't. He became protective, Yes! But contrary to maxi's belief, and thanks to the author, he did not assume her love for him was because she was not a loved noble as Rosetta. That would be tragic, he would self-loath as a charity case. His insecurity getting to madness only shows the past mattered least. He'll make the duke pay for the past he already has, by beating him to almost death. But his wife is a bigger danger to herself as she is stubborn and he's helpless when it comes to her. That's the only time he said he would use force if he had to keep her safe by locking her up.

However, on a side note, it would be great to see how the author plays this in her favor to make the tale which is almost real-life-like fantasy. I say maxi has a memory of the boy who saved her, the Author has hinted this time and again, she has memories of molten gold in blacksmith’s shop when see Riftan in the ethylene castle . Maybe she even loved him a little and was sad when he was gone. Long lost lovers meeting and realizing they are married would be something.
    If he has saved anything left from the flower crown maxi gave him, if she has the colorful stones from Riftan saved somewhere in the duke's castle. Or he finally takes her to where her puppy was burried. God! there are so many possibilities for this story.

———————————————————

Does anyone know which race the story is based on? It feels like English or Greek stories with loads and dukes. If someone has picturing of characters I’m curious how much more beautiful is Rosetta. Even Gabel noticed Rosetta rather than Maximillian during visit to duke castle. How good did Riftan’ mother looked. When they call him mixed raced, was she like African like black or dark skinned but beautiful.
    It’s may be cause I hate beauty standards of society or just that I’m jealous I can’t digest the fact that Rosetta will be a queen just because she was born a dukes daughter who was beautiful physically. No extra effort from her, as against that maxi and Riftan worked hard to be who they are. Yet they will have to bow down to royalty.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  6. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

7. creams

creams Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there's a manhwa (manga) for the novel and tons of fanart of oak in twitter. you can check those if u want to see how the artist portrayed the characters.

8. Sidetrack

Sidetrack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES! - I joined at the end of May - I think- -can't keep track - but the enthusiasm for UOT, and the thoughtful comments and some of the fan art - - This is a very welcome and soothing break from the day to day 'real world'. Stick around - it only gets better!!(y):aww::blobokhand:

mariannaxx and Alessiavie like this.
  9. Alessiavie

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do, i think it would be very helpful especially for those who just join this thread. Thanks for your thoughtful thinking. :blobsmilehappyeyes::aww:

mariannaxx likes this.
  10. Sidetrack

Sidetrack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! again OMG!

I am re-reading the part of Book 1 where Maxi goes with the priestesses - caring for the wounded, preparing food for the troops and even feeding the animals. She uses healing magic when she can and Ruth's techniques to clean and sew up cuts and even large wounds.
    This is - I think- the third time I have read this part. Even though I know what is going to happen, My heart is in my throat. :eek:
    She has just surprised Ruth and he is not happy at all :mad: by being burdened with the knowledge that M'Lady Calypse is working like a drudge with the rear support. He knows that Riftan will find out- he has ESP- radar- for Maxi's presence and she cannot be close to him undetected. :aww:
    It is getting dark here and I am on my second glass of wine and I can't stop reading the story in Ridi. - unless I post here!
    Anyway - I am going back to Ridibooks to read until my eyes bleed.
    Y'all on this forum are a great group! - :blobtongue::blobsmilehappy::blobhug:
    Please folks - don't copy from Ridi to this forum anything more than a sentence or two. WE ALL want to keep this place open. :blobshh:
    Thank you
    and have a great night- or morning- depending which part of the planet you live on!:blob_grin::blobhighfive:

carmelle, Rixi Calypse, fruKv and 3 others like this.
  11. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpensive:Hope someone would be kind enough to compile them spoilers. Though i have access to the entire books in ridi, its still waaaaayy more satisfying reading it in translated (cleaned up) version as i and some have shared here.

12. zhrunplugged

zhrunplugged Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know which race the story is based on? It feels like English or Greek stories with loads and dukes. If someone has picturing of characters I’m curious how much more beautiful is Rosetta. Even Gabel noticed Rosetta rather than Maximillian during visit to duke castle. How good did Riftan’ mother looked. When they call him mixed raced, was she like African like black or dark skinned but beautiful.
    It’s may be cause I hate beauty standards of society or just that I’m jealous I can’t digest the fact that Rosetta will be a queen just because she was born a dukes daughter who was beautiful physically. No extra effort from her, as against that maxi and Riftan worked hard to be who they are. Yet they will hzz as e

Thanks, have read the manga to latest episodes. Seen fan art as I follow the community on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Just wanted a poster for all characters not yet introduced in manga. Really curious what Rosetta and Agnes look like, I find maxi like an angle, people calling the other two better is quite intriguing to me ‍♀️Read POVs and side stories, thanks to all contributors:)

13. bradpitt69

bradpitt69 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t believe that Rosetta is much more beautiful than Maxi, just that in comparison Rosetta was dressed more refined and elegantly than Maxi. Max was dressed in fabric that the servants wore while Rosetta was gifted the most lavish and stylish dresses by their father. Riftan is not taken by elegant clothing rather his admiration for Maxi began when they were really young. Gabel like many knights I assume are impressed not just by beauty but also by nobility, elegant clothing, jewels, and decorum. In fact I think a good example of Maxi being just as breathtakingly beautiful as Rosetta is when she wears the white gown to have dinner with the knights and Yurixion can’t shut up about how lovely she looks

14. zhrunplugged

zhrunplugged Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, but I still wish to see what the manga or fan art dipicts other women. It really isn’t a concern who is physically beautiful as the Author has added value to the character not just physically but showered them with virtue.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    Erynazri1998 likes this.
  15. Alessiavie

Reading List:
    Link

I think the author didn't specify which race are they, i think we just need to play with our imagination on that one :blob_grin::blob_grin:
    If we look at the magical creatures such as harpies and kelpie, it seems quite random..
    Harpies is mythological creature from Greek, while Kelpie is from Scottish mythology.
    From their clothes, i see the similarity with those from The Tudors era in England.
    As for Riftan, as some lines in the novel describe him as having tanned skin, i was thinking maybe...Latin America/Spanish/Italian/Turkish (Middle East)..?? I just think those area got gorgeous tanned skin men :aww::aww:
    As for Maxi, i think as cliche as it is, beauty is really in the eye of the beholders. and I am with Riftan and Yurixion on this one, team Mrs Calypse all the way :aww::aww:
    Anyway, i don't care which race they are, in my imagination Riftan is like super gorgeous and Maxi is super pretty (i think the manhwa art justify both of their beauties:bloblove:)

ME TOO, I have been re-reading this novel from chapter 1, while hoping for the author to comeback as soon as possible. i feel quite nostalgic re-reading it again, and notice how much both our dearest characters have growth.
    And it reminded me again, how i am so thankful to Ruth for helping our Maxi to adjust during her early life in Anatol. Being her friend and mentor at the same time, he also never hold back, sugar coating things for Maxi, sometimes he is so ruthless to Maxi lol, but guess its good for Maxi. I came to the chapter where he caught Maxi bluffing and exaggerating about monsters she met during her travel to Anatol to Yurixion and Garrow, the scene was so funny, Ruth is definitely one of my fave characters aside from Riftan and Maxi :aww::aww:

16. chonkycat

chonkycat New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just want to thank everyone for all the mtl and spoilers! currently making a fanfic on UOT and I truly appreciate every drip of information on how magic work in UOT universe. I already made some concepts on my own to fill in the gaps, but quite worried it will be invalidated after seeing all spoilers in books 2 :(

Sorry if this has been discussed, but want to ask those who have read book 2 if water magic can be used for offense? Also, is the link to author q&a on magical affinities still available? I found the quote on one of the pages but the link is already gone.

17. meepmedicine

meepmedicine Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Maxi is as beautiful as Rosetta in the universe of UTOT. Rosetta matches the beauty standard: Blond smooth hair, blue eyes, balanced facial features.
    Maxi has bright red curly hair (I think curly hair isn't so popular, and red hair wasnt popular either until Maxi became a heroine)
    She has very big grey eyes and small nose, which isn't so well balanced by their beauty standard
    Her freckles too is probably not befitting of their beauty standards

However, all of these can outshine Rosetta if she's dressed correctly. Her features are very much more eye catching, and can imprint a long lasting impression. Reading Manhwa, she's always dressed in dark emerald dress that contrasts her red hair very well, make it looks so beautiful. Her freckles are also beautiful on her pale skin.

I think she's just not dressed so correctly when she was in Croix castle because nobody there admires her beauty.

She looks absolutely stunning to the Remdragon knight and other men all because of her ferocious personality that goes along with her flame colored hair. I would fall in love with her though if I was a man. Her true self is much more impactful than her looks. (Though her looks is good)

18. Y0jik0

Y0jik0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you mean like this?
    this is Maxi and Agnes.
    This fanart i agree on. i also picture Agnes not much a lady-like kind of beauty, rather, someone with strong features almost like tomboy-ish
    For Rosetta, i have yet a fanart that i like. She's supposed to have black hair with soft features.
    [​IMG]

19. meepmedicine

meepmedicine Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh and this is blond woman is Agnes? I've always thought that's Rosetta. Rosetta's hair is black?
    Yea but the depiction isn't so close yet. Maxi's hair in public occasion was braided tightly to tame her curly puffy hair, and her freckles are more obvious.

I think the most accurate is the official novel cover, with Maxi staring directly at the viewer.

At first look I thought she looked a little strange, but it actually fits her facial description in the novel.

[​IMG]

This one is also close, with big wide eyes. I wouldn't say she's very attractive by looking at this. But she looks absolutely stunning in the picture above, although the two pictures look similar... hmm.
    [​IMG]

The closest depiction of her wild, run free, flame-like, frizzly hair:
    [​IMG]

I DO NOT OWN THESE PICTURES. THEY BELONG TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS.

tunafish007 and bradpitt69 like this.
  20. creams

creams Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she looks better in the manhwa