Question Sniping

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by tokyoanimeseven, Jul 26, 2021.

?

Just what should we do in this situation?!!

1. Should we just let him do as we wish and let him take the book?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Should we just wait for the mods to intervene, look into this matter ban this group and give us our

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tokyoanimeseven

tokyoanimeseven Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tony @Shio
    Hello I am one of the co owner of Your Fantasy Translations, a recently created translation group.

Few days ago we had picked up and registered a novel called "Eroge Reincarnation, Struggle of a Golden Pig Aristocrat Against Fate"

Recently we got to know some other group known by the name "Kuro-kun" have been uploading mtl chs of this novel and updating them on nu.

In such a case what should we do now?
    It's obvious that it's a case of sniping.

The one uploading this book even came to our server on 25.07.2021 and talked with us.

According to him he didn't know about how novel update works and said it was by mistake.

(I can even provide the screen shots if required)

But then again, today 26.07.2021 he uploaded two chs of the novel.

Just what should we do in this situation?!!

One of the spokesperson of our group have informed the same to @Tony but haven't gotten any response yet.

Should we just let him do as we wish and let him take the book?

If yes, then can I just do the same?
    Sniping all the famous books on nu, upload their chs from multiple alt accounts

Hehehe that will be a lot of fun for many translation groups

Or

Should we just wait for the mods to intervene, look into this matter ban this group and give us our project.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  2. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean sniping?

MinUp likes this.
  3. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think 'snitching' is the word you were looking for.

runsing likes this.
  4. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think you can ban a group just because they are sniping you

runsing likes this.
  5. tokyoanimeseven

tokyoanimeseven Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, my mistake

6. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well definitely not ban but since this is the second time they did this to your group, at least for this novel none of their submissions should be allowed.
    Have they done something like this before tho? :blobspy::blobspy:

7. tokyoanimeseven

tokyoanimeseven Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, it's sniping

I am not sure but it's already their second offense

8. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The poll should have another option.
    > Report tf out of him

9. tokyoanimeseven

tokyoanimeseven Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure about it, but try checking the updates of the novel
    Hard Work Will Never Betray Me.
    They were doing something similar to one more group

Lmao, good option
    But for now I will try to limit myself with two

Deleted member 320749 likes this.
  10. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In case anyone watching this thread is wondering, this is the link to the novel in question: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ggle-of-a-golden-pig-aristocrat-against-fate/

This link is for NU's policy for accepting releases: https://www.novelupdates.com/nu-policy/

Going by this policy, there is no reason for NU to reject these releases. Kuro-kun did not try to post a chapter ahead of you, they posted their version from chapter 1. Comparing the translation to pure MTL, Kuro-kun's chapters also show signs of editing done and I don't mean minimal cosmetic editings.

You don't own the book. The one who can say no is the author and the publishers.

Read NU's policy again. I linked it before.

You kept talking about sniping but do you know that what you're doing is something frowned upon too? It's called hogging. Posting just 1 chapter and says it's your project and no one else can touch it. That's as bad as sniping and poaching. Then I should just post one chapter of any book available and call it mine. No one else can do them because I did it first. Unless you found any incriminating evidence that Kuro-kun has violated NU's policy or shared contents that aren't theirs, then Kuro-kun's chapters will stay.

This is the latest screenshot of the chapters released. Of all these chapters, ONE chapter is yours. Be the bigger man and let this go. Don't paint yourself a petty person.
    Screenshot_2021-07-26-18-13-33-54_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

Blitz, Westeller, Shio and 2 others like this.
  11. tokyoanimeseven

tokyoanimeseven Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @LaDyViL

Have u read the latest chs of the novel?

Read again and tell me about cosmetic editing
    Only the first few chs are edited

You don't own the book. The one who can say no is the author and the publishers.

Ah yes, I agree to this one

Sure enough, hogging u say

Then can I do the same with other groups
    I am asking genuinely about it

Say a group has uploaded 30 chs i will jump onto that novel edit like 80 mtl chs then upload in a day

In future if u see other groups write same threads like mine

Say them the same

You kept talking about sniping but do you know that what you're doing is something frowned upon too? It's called hogging. Posting just 30 chapter and says it's your project and no one else can touch it. That's as bad as sniping and poaching. Then I should just post one chapter of any book available and call it mine. No one else can do them because I did it first.

Well thanks for your kind help.

Now u or someone else will say or think ur disrespecting the staffs or mod or creating a toxic post or war etc but I am Just stating the fact.

Isn't it kind of unfair that we searched a series for days posted a chapter and another group took it from us. And what's more they did it by creating another entry of the book.

They registered the same book with different name and posted chs on it. We weren't even aware about it... Just only yesterday we got to know when suddenly 20+ new chs popped up on our book.

Whose fault do u think is the double entry

For now the double entry have been deleted but if u want I have taken a ss yesterday I can show it to u.

Have fun seeing an increase in such threads in the upcoming days, I am not saying I will do this I am just implying if such cases rises in future I want to see nu's response to it.

Good enough then, I am dropping this series let the kuro Kun do it.

"Be the bigger man and let this go. Don't paint yourself a petty person."

Thanks, I will remember that line and make it my life motto. And when someone else tells me about things like why u took our series or uploaded that many chs in a day, I will take the name of my Sensei/teacher who taught it to me (>.>)

Thanks again for ur kind guidance to me and our group.

Regards

12. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    you can certainly do that, no one is stopping you.
    When NU staff check the qualify of translation, they don't have time to check all chapters,
    if you think a certain chapter or chapters are mtl, you can report it. After all, NU is a site that is heavily reliant on community effort.

Bobasis, Blitz, c.decora and 5 others like this.
  13. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The point is, the other group started from chapter 1, they didn't just pick up where you left off. Anyone can add their own translation of a novel if they start from the beginning. I could do a third translation of your novel and start from chapter 1 and all three groups would be listed. That's always been NU's policy. What isn't allowed is if say a group stopped at ch.30 (but they are still actively translating the novel) and another group comes along and posts chapter 31.

TaffyGirl13, LiLi041, Calahan and 3 others like this.
  14. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would drop that sarcastic tone. It's really not helping your case. I'd also take another look at the policy. As long as you start at the beginning you can pick up anything. So no it's not unfair that someone else started it after you. Stuff like that happens. You can continue translating it that is up to you. There's nothing we're going to do about it unless you can prove that the other side isn't actually editing their MTL. Which is what we told you to do. So please stop complaining and actually provide some proof here.

If you cannot, like I said there is nothing we're going to do about this. The policy applies to everyone. If we were to delist groups just cuz someone asked this whole place would just become a battlefield.

Solus, Blitz, Westeller and 2 others like this.
  15. tokyoanimeseven

tokyoanimeseven Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Parth37955

Ok, I am backing off for now.

It's a waste now to do a series already taken by someone.

But thanks to this, I learned my lesson, and I hope in future if someone complains the same about me, u and the entire nu will Take my side.

Cause I am definitely gonna do it and mass tl some good series from ch 1.

16. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You asked for mods intervention. We looked into this matter and we did not find any reason to comply with your request as the person did not violate any of our policy. All I did was give you a reply. It's not one you liked, but it is a reply.

As others have said, provide proof of their unedited MTLs if you want us to consider removing them. Unless you can present an incriminating proof then we don't have a reason to remove them. We're not doing this job for you. If you want us to take actions, then do something about it instead of throwing accusations without anything to support your claims.

As others have mentioned, this is a community effort. Double entries would sometimes occur and they would be fixed when they found. For this novel, it was not something done maliciously or intentionally but an unfortunate coincidence.

Enough with the threats. It just shows how ugly your behaviour is.

Solus and Westeller like this.
  17. tokyoanimeseven

tokyoanimeseven Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @LaDyViL

Sure sure tell whatever u want.
    Ugly my foot, I am just staying its just shows nu needs to change some polices or else when more case happens like this many other projects and translators will be devastated at the loss of a project they had picked up.

I can't provide any proof of unedited mtl chs but can only provide him mentioning posting mtl chs on our discord server.

And as u said I am not threating anyone who am I to threaten a big community... It's just implies anyone can run loose taking other projects and make the original or the initial translator feel despair.

Idk if ur understanding what I am trying to say or not but I am sure some tls who have suffered it or seen it before eyes will understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mhm it's just a suggestion take it or not upto u how about running a grand poll on it.

Asking translators and website owners if it's okay to allow multiple groups taking a single project.

U will get the answer

Anyways

Thanks for ur intervention that made me disappointed in nu terms.

18. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You see, I think most people have this weird misconception about NU.

NU is a list of translated novel chapters. We list novel that fulfill out requirements. That's it. If you are going to translate another group project and it fulfill the rules, you are very much welcomed to list them on NU.

Have a great time translating.

LaDyViL likes this.
  19. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would appear that our point is made regardless of whether it's been accepted. To those who have the misconception that they are somehow being persecuted or being treated unfairly should let go of that delusion. Our policy is applied equally to all and is readily available. I even rewrote it myself to make it more clearly understandable. So yeh. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.