Recommendations Is there any cultivation novels where MC sticks to one type of power/element?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sheeya, Jul 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For example, someone who only uses fire techniques and has a complete combat system (offense, defense, mobility and utility) using just fire for that. If not fire then lightning, space, sword etc as long as it's just one type of power.

And not something like Coiling Dragon where everyone is basically stuck using 1 or 2 elements, I'm talking where people can basically cultivate all kinds of elements as long as they can comprehend it but MC chooses to stick to only a single one, becoming a master rather than a jack of all trades.

Maybe MC is born with or acquires some kind of bloodline of a divine beast that grants him supreme talent in a specific element.

rialm likes this.
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Oddmoonlight

Oddmoonlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ess-the-weakest-mage-among-the-classmates-ln/
    The MC is only able to use water element so far.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/kuro-no-maou/
    The MC uses dark magic and weapons mostly. Haven't read up to current point, so not %100 sure if they keep it that way.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/level-99-villainous-daughter/

I know that these aren't cultivation novels like the Chinese xianxia, but they are the closest to what I can tell you due to the fact that authors find it more easy for their characters to at least dual wield elements to give them an advantage over the 'common folk'

I can't find them atm, but I do remember 2 novels, one with a male MC with lightning who lives in a remote area with his grandfather and sister who has the rare wood element and one with a female MC where she is sent to a world where due to a bug a guy takes away the 5 basic elements from the realm and causes it to decay when he ascends, so she's sent to the past with the rare lightning element which only her master can use as well, but she keeps dying again and again so her master finds her and trains her to not fall again.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  5. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Desolate Era - sword dao is the main pth of MC from begin to end (but he has other abilities not related to sword dao).

Recommend the reading, an excelent novel.

Battle Through the Heavens - MC and novel are focused on special fire elements, almost anything MC use is fire related (but he has some physical and bloodline secondary powers)

Particularly? A shit novel, bur readable.

6. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    The Zombie Knight Saga

7. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - azarinth-healer
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/16946/azarinth-healer

FMC. All humanoid only have maks 2 class. MC : fighter healer + ash battle mage
    So basically, if you played Ragnarok, she is monk. Her ash class is unique, maybe close combat Sage with element ash. If they want to change class? All stat level and skill Will be removed, and they must restart from lvl 1. Even someone stupid enough to change all 2 class, they still can, just eat the Nightmare result.

So all of them just stick to their first class, like : fire + water : water boiler mage, swordman + lightning mage : lightning swordman. Illusion mage + space mage : Untouchable enemy, enemy without AOE or detector skill? just flee !!. Barrier mage + mind mage : can create safe area and smile to the confused enemy. Mind mage + illusion mage : Genjutsu Master.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  8. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel doesn't fit the OP's criteria. The MC's primary powerset has always been "Azarinth"(-type) combat healing. However, her secondary powerset started as a generic "Fire" magic. It was through a powerset evolution when she reached the appropriate level that she switched it to be "Ash" magic, a specialized branch off the Fire magic skill tree, which she kept on subsequent evolutions from then on . Plus when she, again, reached the appropriate level threshold for a third powerset, she got another, different, and unrelated, element.

9. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    True Martial World? Yang user.

I can't think of any book where the MC actually had a choice and gave up on other elements. Most of the time it's either the MC taking literally everything he comes across or it's portrayed in a way such that it's not possible for anyone to have multiple elements.

10. GentleSnow

GentleSnow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if this is the type of novel u mentioned but -
    I love farming
    The mc unlocks his divine blood who's ancestor is the farming emperor.