Discussion Is Hollywood going to stop ruining franchises?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell me it will, please. They gotta be losing money with the crap Disney makes, now even new He-Man is feminism shit. It's literally He-Man and he's dead by the end of first episode, MC being masculine bitchy woman with her diverse lesbian friends :sick::sick::sick:
    It seems to be going for the past 10 years? I mean shitty sequels always existed - Police Academy but at least they weren't ruined by SJW.
    Did it start with Buffy The Vampire Slayer? I was too young to realize if it did, and I did not watch half ot it, only what I caught on the telly. I loved it but what did a 10-12 year old kid know that later seasons made it about whiny weak vampire dudes and powerful lesbians?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  2. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm afraid the answer is one f* big NOPE

3. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    calm the fuck down.
    don't like it? don't watch it

4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    The fuck am I supposed to watch then if they ruin shows I like? Go away now.

5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Internet got loads of other stuffs that might interest you: J-dorama, K-drama, Indians, animes, donghua, aeni, CHN dramas, even old TV series, cartoons & movies
    There also loads of novels here on NU
    Or maybe you're interested on mangas, manhwas & manhuas

6. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro, they've invaded the gaming scene. Last of us 2 was a travesty that destroyed my soul

7. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You called THAT travesty!? Try watching Street Fighter or MK 2 movie (cringines to the max)

8. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    You can console yourselves since fisto gonna fist those lesbians in r34.

9. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks...I know about Asian culture, this ain't about it....

10. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    well. too bad, so sad. you can rewatch the old episodes that are still dear to you. and that's it.
    you don't go around screeching like an asylum patient just because things aren't going your way.

i ain't the fan of things being ruined either. but I don't go and act like you. i just ignore it, and wait for it to implode by itself. money will talk.

11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    It's subjective.

I think the new Spiderman movies are crap but my brother and lots of younger audiences love it.

My advice is to look at Asia.
    China is following India 's example: Quantity over quality.

You will definitely find one that suits your taste.

I gave up on Hollywood almost a decade ago.

Also, do yourself a favor, stop stressing over perceived feminism or SJW in media.
    You are just giving yourself unneeded stress.

Anyone with a brain knows that these are not feminist.
    It is just pandering to idiots.
    An actress had to sue because the movie company didn't allow her to lose weight. She was obese. She was the star in Pitch Perfect.
    I am sure many idiots bought into the lie that she loved her body being obese and on the fast track to death.

It is no different from token gay or colored characters on TV.

An even better example: token big breasted blond but I guess your average dude isn't offended by big boobs.

c.decora likes this.
  12. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think maybe the current problem w/ Hollywood currently is "ideas"
    I mean, unlike most asian series that at one point will end, they wanted a cash cows (series that could span over a decade or more), so instead looking for new ideas, they either looks for current trends, dig up some old bones or expanding the series
    Similar w/ movies (hence why they wrecked some of our beloved series, be it animated, old movies and/or printed)
    It's all a big gamble of course since we (the audience) don't always accept them. Just because it's (the story) is trendy at one time and/or in one community, doesn't means it would be received well by general populace or even by it's own community (be it old or new), not to mention some expectations out of it

otaku31 likes this.
  13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    You can go elsewhere with your useless advice. I'm only screeching in your imagination. If I want to rant and see if someone has to say something interesting on the topic then I'll do so.
    Spiderman Homecoming isn't a quality movie but it's fun, the sequel is just crap.
    Most women hate this shit as well, I don't know specific name for this group so let's just call them neo-tard-fems.
    Nah it's not that the ideas has run dry but that good franchises with plenty more to give are ruined by bad producers, forced diversity and political correctness so much that movies and shows aren't about the plot, but about political message some raging twitter banshees try to push on us.
    There is 381 Star Wars books, it's not the lack of ideas, it's about the talentless hacks in charge. Even if they choose a bad trilogy to base sequels on, everyone with brain cells can tell those movies could've actually been good.
    I don't know, we're probably not the main dimension/timeline but some offshoot with the only thing special about it being crappy franchise revivals.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link

They are many arguing that the recent Spiderman movies are the best in the 21st century.
    What a load of crap.

The Tobey movies made me cry.
    I got an emotional connection to the characters.

Recent movies just lack substance.

At least Asian media has the content niche enough to scratch my itch.

You can always go the Independent movie route:
    https://youtube.com/c/Omeleto

I find they can be very elitist forgetting that it is supposed to be entertainment and not a lecture

Jojo775 likes this.
  15. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    the problem is you didn't say anything interesting to begin with. just complained about your inability to avoid things you don't like.

17. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Who still uses "sjw" unironically in 2021 lol

It's a tv show. It ain't that deep. There's a shit ton of other stuff to watch. Just because you dislike the route a show has taken doesn't mean that it's ruined.

I finally played that game. It's not THAT bad. It's definitely worse than the first one, but it's not as bad as people seem to paint it as. And fyi this comes from a person that thought the first was a good game, but not a stellar one.

18. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to you, but I don't care about making it interesting to you. Who said I can't avoid them, I'm complaining something I'd like to watch is made unwatchable so I don't even try.
    I haven't payed attention to this new shit so what? Are you proud to know these new words for dumbass, I'm not.
    He-Man - Masters of The Universe: Revelation is supposed to be about 80's baddassery, simple as that, nobody ever claimed it was deep.
    Kevin Smith straight out lied that rumours are false and that the show will be all about He-Man, he died in episode 1 and was replaced by masculine annoying bitch with a side shave and diverse lesbian friends.
    It ain't fucking about taking a direction I don't like, it's about it being a child of gargage and a pile of elephant shit.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  19. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Has the entire show aired? And i can't critique it since i haven't watched it. And you honestly seem to invested in what happened to a renewed 80's show. It really ain't that deep. Hollywood does whatever brings in the money and controversial shit does. The more you rage about it, the more people watch it.

I didn't cry when they ruined Dragon Ball my (once) favourite show. I just moved on.

20. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh no.

Hollywood has run out of ideas. Instead of trying to find something new among the piles of manuscripts, they just took whatever titles worked in the past and give their own spin to them. The Ring, The Grudge, Battle Royale (technically it wasn't Hollywood but Suzanne Collins), All You Need Is Kill, Star Trek, Dogzilla, The Mummy, X-Men, Evil Dead all suffered from Hollywood's lack of creativity. Until they start opening new manuscripts and taking chances, don't expect anything new.