Discussion Is Hollywood going to stop ruining franchises?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and I haven't watched it either but I can criticize coz I can smell shit from a mile away. Also I have The Critical Drinker and Clownfish TV to watch it for me so I don't have to. Again you're missing the point. This isn't about a single show. Nope again people don't watch it more coz we rage about it, people watch it less and so do ratings show. It's not controversial, it's garbage.
    It's about Disney mainly but whatever since you don't get it, you don't. I won't explain more.

2. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    You haven't watched it, but feel inclined to call it a sidecut lesbian shitshow because some other guy said it was so? If that isn't being in an echo chamber i don't know what is.'

And if ur line of thinking was correct, why did TLOU 2 sell so many copies? And why did Star Wars TLJ earn 1.3 billion?

Mnotia, Llamadragon and Wujigege like this.
  3. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to mention DB, Last Airbender, GitS & Alita :cry::cry::cry:
    But they did try at one point some new script, but failed miserably: 2nd & 3rd Narnia movie, Golden Compass & Eragon. Not to mention Jurassic 3

4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    -.- do I need to watch the next Terminator to know it will be crap? Do I need to read Rebirth of The Strongest Empyran Overlord or almost any random novel on NU to know they're crap? No.
    Can I trust the guy I absolutely agree with regarding many movies and tv shows to do his job as a critiq, so if I see something new coming but I'm worried it's another travesty, I can hear what he has to say about it and save myself some time and disappointment? Yes.
    Why did a Star Wars movie earn 1.3 billion? Gee, I wonder, maybe it's because it's fucking famous and marketing has done their job.
    It is the most hated movie of the decade. Let me ask you, with such a budget and fan base, why didn't it earn 3 billion!?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Dr_H_16 and Wujigege like this.
  5. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    (y)

6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do Disney movies suck when they removed Lucas Film writters and put female only staff, gee I wonder. Why does Mark Hamill hate the movies?
    People got nothing for VII, just cheap nostalgia, VIII did a 180 on Star Wars and pissed everyone off. People wanted to believe promises how IX is gonna fix everything, it didn't, it was the worst of them all.
    If a movie no one knew anything about made almost 3 billion in 2009(Avatar), and the movie had absolutely nothing going for it except for top notch visual effects, then a Star Wars movie counting inflation and its vast fan base, it could've easily reached that figure.
    Fuck sake, why am I even explaining this to you. You living under a rock? I'm outta here.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  7. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    No, i just don't really care (y) It's a childish and dumb debate. Movies are movies, and crying over why some are bad and some are not is dumb. And the misogony that oozes from that you wrote is just sad.

I will never understand why some dudes get angry over how a film or game turned out be something they didn't like.

Llamadragon and Wujigege like this.
  8. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a misogynist and you still don't get it. Now that's sad, bye.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  9. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    No, modern hollywood is heading into a direction that will ruin everything for them sooner or later, just look at the different companies that are losing money over some cause that they think is right (proof? there is none, if anything everything that happened so far proves otherwise, but do they care? no, they are just gambling, taking a big risk for nothing)

Jojo775 and otaku31 like this.
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    He is right though on your misogyny.
    Female writers do not make it bad.
    Everyone knows the studios have the final say.
    Did you forget the whole Director Cut debacle with Justice League?

The author of Moteki had to use a male pen name on the advice of her editor.
    That saved her career.

So yeah, misogyny is a thing.

A company run by dudes but it's the female writers with "all the power".

@Kutaifa

Dudes have been writing crap for years. I didn't see anyone complain about the writers sex.

On echo chambers, Cinemawins is needed once in a while

Mnotia likes this.
  11. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    "Why do Disney movies suck when they removed Lucas Film writters and put female only staff, gee I wonder."
    (y)
    Yeah, i forgot about that

12. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I am currently reading a 1.7M+ words fanfic with a lesbian MC, I'm not a mysogonist. you two just aren't informed.
    I don't mind female writters, I mind when the original and experienced staff is replaced with female only shrews who want to make characters female, lesbian and diverse just for the sake of it. They don't make interesting characters who happen to be lesbian or diverse, they make lesbian/diverse characters and that's their whole identity. Also they are powerful and men are weak and incompetent, but don't worry, women are here to save the day! They don't need to train or anything, they are born special and their only fear is that they're too powerful. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regarding Snyder's cut, I acknowledge that he fixed a lot of things but to me it just made the movie a long slog. Can't say I like either too much. I don't know what's that have to do with female writers or misogyny, as far as I'm aware some tragedy happened to Snyder and he had to abandon the movie, while a hated director called Whedon took over. Then after a lot of fan petitions Snyder came back and gave us his version which was supposed to be original.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading a lesbian MC story doesn't make you any less misogynistic.

We live in a misogynistic society, anyone who claims to not have been at one point is full of hot air.

You are mistaking appropriation* for being understanding.(A sociologist can correct me on the right word*. It is similar to a man who keeps a slave and claims to not be racist because he treats the slave nicely unlike his psycho neighbors who beat theirs)
    I made the example of token characters.

And do yourself a favor, these so called critics are not as worth your time as you think.

It is supposed to be entertainment but they keep setting rules and everyone is biased.

Take a break once in a while and watch Cinemawins instead of Cinemasins.

Real Life is shit enough. You don't need others pointing out how fantasy is shit too.

An even better idea, start producing content.

It is a lot easier to complain.
    But that's not the point, you will feel a great sense of accomplishment when you create stuff
    https://youtube.com/c/Omeleto

I am bowing out.

Don't forget we live in a society that loves scapegoating

14. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Even kids cartoons are more diverse than whatever Marvel, DC, and triples A studios are making these days. That’s why jus’ go and find stuff from the east. Stop buying trashy shit from west. Let them big guys die. Support The indie creators. Idk.

Dr_H_16 and otaku31 like this.
  15. Kawalan

Kawalan 〚 Don't Stare 〛

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think this is the right place for something like this, since it seems to me like you just want people to support your dislike of the current trends and not everyone here would be as passionate on the topic as you.

On the note of the He-Man stuff, videos have been popping on my youtube recs. I haven't watched it and some of the comments I've seen says they haven't either but the major gripe about it was that the producer/director(not sure of his position) lied about leaks concerning the show, it's marketing and being passive aggressive towards their critics. The general public usually have disdain towards liars, traitors and hypocrites so it's not hard to see why they and the show is receiving the current backlash.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  16. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I don't mind lesbians or powerful independent women, how am I misogynistic? Because I said a bunch of female only staff no males allowed ruined a franchise? If I say Black Panther is crap, does that make me racist? (just an example, I like the movie).
    I don't respect critiqs in general, Rotten Tomatoes and especially those payed for to promote the product or any of that crap. I just stumbled on a guy who knows what's he saying and I agree with him.
    I like this guy pointing out why stuff is crap, makes me more aware and satisfied someone is putting to words something I'm not eloquent enough to do.

btw dafuq is that comparison between a gentle slave owner and me, am I owning some women that I didn't know about?
    Or are you insunuating that I treat my female friends or girlfriends like they're beneath me? Fuck off, I don't have to explain myself to you.

17. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    "How am i racist? I have a black friend!"
    That's what you sound like lol
    Never thought i would see this one out in the wild :ROFLMAO:

18. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One recent title from Hollywood that I have seen/heard few if any "Hollywood ruined this title that I enjoyed growing up!" was that Alita movie. If 20CF had bought Marvel and Lucasfilm* at least 25+ years ago and the Fox News Channel was never formed, were I head of 20CF and the Fox empire, Alita would have had at least 3 movies by now and at least 1 web series.

*This factors in me being very familiar with the "Alita" manga which I am not despite reading a few vol.

-Actual cases of diversity done correctly: A number of the Funimation simuldubs that voice actress Caitlin "Winry Rockbell" Glass is or was the Eng. dub director for. "Horimiya" is a great example of that, in particular.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  19. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    They all misunderstood the assignment and it shows lol. As much as I love gay guys and strong female leads, I'm not gonna watch another She-ra/Korra/gay female lead that kicks male butt number 38987. Maybe if they make a gay superman ripoff I'd be intrigued, especially if they show a love interest, not just gay on paper lol. But it's safer to show gay females, less offensive for male producers audiences. I'm bored at this point. The characters and the settings are kinda boring too, not gonna lie. Not like I want to watch He-Man, even if they sub him with a female lead. Or is dystopian sword and magic genre coming back? I'm not really looking forward to it. Should I be expecting Conan next? With Red Sonja taking his place of course. And don't forget to make her gay. Heck, just reboot Xena. Are all writers dead or something? Just rehashing 70s, 80s, and 90s franchises. What legacy is 2020s leaving behind then? Marvel movies? Also, swapping the male leads with female leads doesn't necessarily make the series female-oriented. I'm not that sure girls would be interested, I sure am not. And it just alienates the original fans. Men already have trouble empathizing with female leads, it's much better to create an interesting original story where the lead happens to be female. It's annoying for me too. It's like they're doing it on purpose to create a bigger divide than there already is. And when those movies/series flop, they'll say men aren't ready for a gay female lead and revert to their old ways. It's just between two extremes. But why place the blame on feminism and women when I mostly see male writers and producers? Kinda unfair.

20. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    You are a turd.
    This the staff that replaced original and experienced Star Wars writers.
    [​IMG]