Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Asphyxia778

Asphyxia778 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, so I read the manhwa and I've heard that there's some differences between the novel and manhwa. What changes were made?

2. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -When Athy run away from home, she stays at the academy where the main characters of "beware of the oppas" studies. She mainly stay at the library to search how to bring back Claude's memories. Or attend class, of course invisible.
    -When Athy decided to visit Lily, she was trapped by Claude using magic wherein nobody can use magic in the palace cause Claude will have a backlash. Claude and Athy had a talk. Claude said he cannot let Athy go, even if she brings him headaches nor even if he was not the dad Athy knew.
    -They go back to their routine like drinking teas in the garden and they have touching talk about if Claude did not regain his memories, will Athy leave him? Then because it was near Athy's birthday, Athy planned a party for her and her maids and Felix. Claude was confused why he wasn't invited but Athy said that it was like this before because of Diana. Claude promised he will attend.
    -At the night of her birthday after the party, Lucas returned and Athy burst out crying cause of Claude. So Lucas cure Claude by stabbing him in the forehead via branch of World Tree. Athy also got the same treatment with a smaller branch because of her mana outburst and to stabilize her mana.
    - Then visitors from Arlanta (place where Beware of the oppas is set) also come, one of them is Cabel the 2nd brother in beware of oppas, he kind of the supposed 2nd ML in the novel lovely princess who likes Jeannette but this time he got a crush in Athy which pisses Lucas very much. There is one scene wherein Cabel challenge Lucas to a fight just to impress Athy. Cabel thought that Lucas is just a magician.... Then he got beaten up, worst when Cabel is on the verge of being knock out Lucas will heal him and beat him again.
    -Lucas giving a new pet to Athy to replace blackie, Athy named it Nox.
    -Lucas and Athy got an invisible date on the top of Lake while other ladies where also having tea party nearby.
    -Jeannette's black mana started to enchant people in liking her. Whenever Athy had a chance she will purify it. Jeannette's character took a turn in a darker side when Ezekiel flat out rejected her. She got more jealous of Athy that she kind of avoid Athy. She burst during the last day of the other kingdom's visit.
    -There is no Anastacius in the novel, in the sense that he is really dead. The villain is Caraks which is the emperor Aeternitas in the past. He just love to get Lucas' attention. All the mess he created was just him throwing tantrum that Lucas never greeted him.
    -Jeannette's eyes turn to green after she chooses it when Caraks have remove her black magic. She, accompanied by Ezekiel, got send to countryside cause Athy plead for it. If Claude is to decide, he just wanted to kill Jeannette and be done with it.
    -Also Athy in the novel is not the Athanasia that got killed in the lovely princess, she was really a Korean Citizen named Lee Jihye. Compared to the webtoon that Athy is the Athanasia from the lovely princess, as well as the Korean Orphan, then back again to being Athy.
    Well, sorry for being lengthy.

M30WWWW, Melina, nichan and 11 others like this.
  3. Sarahlin

Sarahlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I would love to see Jeanette’s darker emotions. It reminds me of Ibelin/Evelin from Miss Not-So Sidekick and her female lead syndrome.

4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would too. Problem is alot of kr authors don't eant to write there side characters as nuanced so we get painfully evil characters who come out of nowhere.

Jeanettes 180 personality came out of nowhere and reemined me of danareyas. Sure it might have worked but the author gave her pov chapters in the every end and said "oh yea she was evil all along". At least give her chapters or even hints. It seems like the author made up the plot along the way

And with ibeline we knew she was like that from the beginning. There were hints and actions she did. So the build up to the reveal made actual sense.

I mena the author also had the same problem with beware the brothers. The falling in love thing happens without any planning and suddenly. So we know it's not just a one time thing

ValReads, Taruna, Furiae19 and 4 others like this.
  5. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a clarification: Spoon have no say in the plot and is only responsible for the art... all the novel x differences are from Plutus. Unfortunately the amount is misplaced criticism and even death threats took a tool on Spoon's mental health meaning the end will probably be rushed and who knows when we'll see the amazing art again.

I just wish the plot was closer to the original to avoid all this drama falling into the poor artist that is just doing their job. :facepalm:

Creolenerd and theilikepie like this.
  6. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That isn't quite true. Plutus is responsible for the novel's content not the Manhwa. That is between the artist and the publisher. I think Spoon is on the record of stating herself she wanted to make changes from the original novel especially when it came to Claude's coma. She wanted that time to be MUCH longer than the novel so it could focus on "character growth" for others in the story.

Plutus only gets credited on the manhwa as being the author of the "original novel". It's so readers are aware the manhwa has been adapted from a novel.

7. Asphyxia778

Asphyxia778 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info. Really helpful

Idk why people always blame the artist. The artist is just doing their job.

8. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    You have proof of that?

Spoon has no say in the plot (allegedly) yet you have posters here crediting her for the differences (them)....improvements for the manhwa adaptation. More importantly, I believe @MonBon992201 recalled an interview where Spoon talked about the direction of the plot where she positions herself as the one who would be making that direction.

Now, that she can't do it, Spoon doesn't have a hand in it.

I mean, come on. At least be upfront that she can't do it. Or people who love defending Spoon realize she isn't a level above Plutus (which a certain poster loves to dump on) and you'all backtracking.

I dunno. She was credited as a co-writer which is why Season 2 was different. If she was just an artist as you say, then the plot should have been closer to the novel rather than what we have right now. And she won't be making comments about the plot since that's not part of her job, wouldn't it?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  9. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes in the past I also thought it was their doing since they were the only new element between novel and manwha but since then Spoon had tweeted about it mostly because they kept receiving death threats over plot decisions that aren't in their control. So you do you, but I no longer criticize Spoon unless them or Plutus confirm that both are handling the plot.

10. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based spoon making this generic novel famous

I mean beware the brothers is also by plutus but everyone thinks its mediocre because the art isnt as good as spoons

Just goes to show that a good artist can really carry a badly written mess. Her back must hurt from all that

11. Kinksexual

Kinksexual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any other English chapters past 123?

12. FairyAthanasia

FairyAthanasia New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Lucas and Athy get together? Also, why didn't the dad have an issue Lucas being Athy's friend? ( since Lucas is like over 200 years old)

Did the mother die while giving birth because somewhere I read that she was poisoned befor she gave birth?

Did the mother die while giving birth because somewhere I read that she was poisoned be
    I think Lucas is the ml

13. potato berry

potato berry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Lucas and Athy get together. Also Claude didn't know that lucas is older.. everyone thought that he was Athy's age.

Diana died because her body was too weak to give birth and carry a child with a lot of mana. I don't think she was poisoned or anything

Piglove, i_am_here and beazacha like this.
  14. FairyAthanasia

FairyAthanasia New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the mother die while giving birth because somewhere I read that she was poisoned be
    okay thanks

15. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
  16. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, was it Aeternitas's doing? I mean faking Anastasius's death or worse outcome, hostile take over. Fooling everyone to escape and plot another revenge?

18. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm... what's happening here?
    Ngl after last chapter and seeing the obvious ending of the manwha (and my theory since January) coming true, I thought everyone here would've calmed down a little. Like, I heard WMMAP is getting an anime/animated adaptation from a Chinese studio but I see we are still talking about Spoon and the novel. :blobsleeping:

Athy1000 likes this.
  19. sandradaffodils

sandradaffodils Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

WHATTTTTTTT ANIMATED ADAPTATION?!?!?!?!??!??! IS IT TRUE???????:blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper:

WHATTTTTTTT ANIMATED ADAPTATION?!?!?!?!??!??! IS IT TRUE???????:blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper:

Athy1000 likes this.
  20. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw it the other day, I don't know how real it is seeing as I saw that from the spanish side of the fandom, but yeah that's something that seems to be going around these days. A friend has the hope that they will follow the novel but seeing how a manwha works perfectly well being a storyboard I don't have any hopes for it, is a lazy but convenient approach.
    If it ends up being fake then better for me :cookie: