Spoiler Emily Hunts Monsters/에밀리는 괴물을 사냥한다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by quarantine is good, Jul 17, 2021.

1. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
    COVER ;
    [​IMG]
    emily;[​IMG]
    idk who the hell this is but it must be one of the mls;
    [​IMG]

ALTERNATIVE TITLE/S: Emily's undying life(was the old title)
    AUTHOR: 박패딩
    LINK/S: https://ridibooks.com/books/2259005772?_rdt_sid=author&_rdt_idx=0
    https://twitter.com/PaddingPark
    DESCRIPTION:
    Jekyll and Hyde, Sherlock Holmes, Demons and Cthulhu.
    He possessed a fictional 19th-century England where all elements were mixed.

I lost my husband after a year of marriage, and
    'fictional beings' in classic novels have been appealing for love... .

"It's up to you to look at other people, but I'll kill them. Just know that.”
    Perfect gentleman by day, dangerous outlaw by night.
    Henry Jekyll in 'Dr Jekyll and Hyde'

“You are the first woman who thinks even the folds of her brain are beautiful.”
    An eternal enemy of the famous detective Sherlock Holmes, and a criminal of criminals.
    Baron James Moriarty.

“You mean you didn’t know I would come back alive? I will not die, even for you.”
    Cthulhu's father, Lovecraft's clone, and
    ex-husband Randolph Carter , who came back to life after 10 years of death.

But, given the task of hunting unknown and mysterious beings, so-called 'monsters', there was no time for me to discuss love.

and after some time.

"how… What have I done?”

Each time She died and
    returned, memories that did not exist began to return.

tasyaaaa, Guide1410 and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, anybody read this yet?

4. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Badass Mc are always my cup of tea:cookie::blobhug:
    Is this being translated?
    Any spoilers :aww::aww:

5. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Rose thorns

Rose thorns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    James (it's not the ex husband), they had a kid call Randolph and a second kid called Helen.
    There are also side stories, too lazy to read them

zoefleyl likes this.
  8. Yellowing19

Yellowing19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, randolph and helen as in the name of the ex husband and fl friend helen?

9. RegisteredToAskAThing

RegisteredToAskAThing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes,
    First name is Randolph, middle name is George, he is Randolph George, with blonde hair
    First name is Helen, middle name is Sally, she is Helen Sally
    I'm pretty sure Randolph Carter died at the end of the main story
    James never met Randolph
    “I have a confession to make about my ex-husband, Randolph Carter, whom you thought was just dead.”
    In the past, she encountered the resurrected Randolph and doubted his existence, but since Randolph disappeared, he has lost all his memories.
    “He… … Contrary to what the people of this world know, I was no ordinary human.”
    So I divulged all the truth.
    James never took his eyes off me, and listened to me silently.
    Although I felt the urge to stop talking several times while telling the story of the past that remained like a scar inside me, each time his warm gaze gave me courage.
    When I finally finished the story, I found myself in tears.
    “I still don’t know. To me, is he worth sacrificing himself? If it wasn't for Randy, the person I am today... … .”
    “The Emily I love now wouldn’t exist.”
    I blinked a few times at James' first words. As tears flowed down from the corners of his eyes, his blurry vision became clear a little.
    A gentle smile appeared on the face of the beautiful one I loved.
    “Morn him as much as you want, Emily. No, it's okay to think that you'll live with it in your heart for the rest of your life... … .”
    He grabbed my hand and slowly brought it to my lips. Her lips, soft and warm as velvet, touched the back of my hand and then fell.
    James raised his head and my eyes met.
    “Instead of agonizing over the guilt I felt towards him, I live with the happy memories of loving him.”
    “… … James."
    "I've never met Randolph, but I'm sure he'll want it too."
    At those soft words, my heart slowly swayed.
    I opened my mouth very cautiously, as the colorful, unknown emotions boiled inside me.
    "This… … Maybe it’s just too selfish, I don’t know.”
    Before accepting his proposal the other day, I had told him that I did not want to have children.
    He said that he wouldn't be able to show you the 'ideal family' that the world wants, but it doesn't matter.
    To that, James replied, "What does that have to do with it?"
    'I don't want children or family. … … Just you alone is enough.'
    At that age, I decided to get engaged, but... … .
    I continued on to James, who said he was ready to hear anything.
    “I want to have a baby with you.”
    “…….”
    “And if you allow it, the child… … .”
    James' eyes widened, as if a little startled.
    Without looking straight into his eyes, I felt my heart pounding and the next words came out of my mouth.
    “I want to give you the name Randolph.”
    I was choked by the tension.
    I thought that my request was terribly selfish, and I was worried for a while whether it would hurt him.
    The answer came sooner than expected.
    “Then, it’s all right.”
    … … I wasn't wrong.
    When he raised his head to face him, he saw James's face, whose corners of his mouth were raised from joy in his eyes.
    "really… … Are you okay?”
    Still in disbelief, when asked, James smiled brightly.
    “Wouldn’t a child given such a name be braver than anyone else? Most of all, I am just grateful to him.”
    “…….”
    He took my hand, unable to open his mouth, and held it tightly with both of my own hands.
    As I was drunk with the warmth of his hand, I heard James' soft voice.
    “Remember Emily? I asked you if you would come to rescue me someday.”
    A smile appeared on my lips at his question, which was mixed with laughter.
    “You are the princess who was captured by the dragon, and you said that I had to be the knight who went to save the princess, right?”
    "okay. You came to rescue me as promised.”
    James kissed the back of my hand once more and smiled at me.
    “And at the end of those stories, the two always get married.”
    “You two, a knight and a princess?”
    "okay. … … So our marriage is inevitable.”
    At James' generosity, I finally burst into laughter.
    Every time I smiled, it felt like the faint traces of sadness and despair that remained deep inside me were slowly disappearing.
    “By the way, James, the inequality.”
    "yes?"
    “What did you pray for in it?”
    The price that those who overcome illusions get their hands on.
    Some said they got artistic inspiration, some got the secret of eternal life, and some said they got the primordial truth.
    But when you ask what you have been longing for, James smiled suspiciously.
    “It’s a secret, Emily.”
    “… … really?"
    "really."
    I shook my head at his words, "I will keep it a secret until I enter the grave."
    A few months later we got married.
    At a wedding with only close friends and close acquaintances, James Moriarty swore to me:
    'Even if death comes to me one day, I will hold your hand and won't let you go.'
    … … So in the next life and in the next life, they will find me again and fall in love.
    The following year, their first child was born, and we gave him a first name of 'Randolph' and a middle name of 'George'.
    Another 5 years have passed since then.
    「Eprima, the head of a church that serves an evil god, has returned to dust like that.
    Can we really call it a happy ending just because we defeated him?
    At least, the world I live in isn't that easy.
    If there is light in the world, there will always be a corresponding shadow.
    Even if the head is dead, those who are deceived by darkness will always appear anew.
    'Keeek!'
    It was the same with the screams coming from in front of me.
    Because it was a monster summoned using black magic by a new cult, 'belief in darkness', created by some of the followers of Ifrima.
    However, if there is a difference from the past when I alone fought against them... … .
    bang! The rifle that Simon had given him blew out fire.
    At the same time, the bullet containing the magic book spell that Ellen had saved took effect.
    So one of them fell down with a terrifying scream.
    - Creepy... … .
    A terrifying howling was heard from behind, and a giant bare fist slammed into another monster.
    'Beastman' said to me as if growling.
    - I told you to watch your back.
    And finally… … .
    “Now I will finish it!”
    With the lively voice of Alice, a dazzling light arose.
    My assistant, an extremely powerful shaman, her repatriation spell would bring the monsters back to their original place.
    okay.
    I became stronger than before, and I was able to defeat my enemies without hesitation.
    But the biggest difference is… … .
    'The fact that the friends you will leave behind are always with you.'
    So today, again, I leave to face the darkness of this world.”
    After finishing the last sentence like that, I let out the breath I had been holding back.
    On that day, August, who sat next to me as if to watch, carefully opened his mouth.
    "complete… … Did you?”
    “Yes, August.”
    Saying sorry for the delay, my editor shrugged and accepted the manuscript.
    “It is worthwhile to endure the protests for a few days.”
    “Don’t do that, then I look like a bad writer.”
    So August was very satisfied and left with my manuscript.
    Shortly after he left, my maid came in and announced that I was ready to go out.
    “All you need is a hat and gloves here, madam.”
    “Thank you, Mary.”
    Along the way, I went out on an outing with my husband and children.
    As I got out of the carriage and entered the front door, a young five-year-old boy grabbed my hand.
    “Mom, what are you doing here? Why are there stones all over the place?”
    Under the midday sun, the blonde hair of a child with exceptionally bright colors, resembling me and James, shone dazzlingly.
    Everyone said that the thin, smooth lips look just like James, and the fine chin looks just like me, but… … .
    Neither of the two of us resembled each other as far as the drooping, good-looking eyes.
    “This is a graveyard, Randy.”
    “Is it a graveyard?”
    “It is a place to remember and honor the dead.”
    Curiosity flashed in the young Randolph's eyes as he looked around.
    Filled with the early summer sun, the lush cemetery looked more like a park than a place for the dead.
    “Then why are we here?”
    "that… … .”
    The reason we all came to the cemetery together was thanks to James' saying these words last year.
    'Emi, it's Randolph's anniversary soon. If it's okay with you, I want to be with you too.'
    '… … really?'
    'I also want to express my gratitude to Randolph. But don't worry, I'll leave you alone with time to remember him.'
    As I hesitated for a moment, James smiled and explained to the boy.
    “Randy To remember the precious person who left you a name.”
    “… … Who left your name?”
    I nodded to Randolph, who looked back at me.
    “I am the person my mother loved very much, but now I am not.”
    “Not now? Why not?”
    "that… … .”
    For me, who was still speechless, James answered.
    “I went to heaven while protecting my mother.”
    “…….”
    Little Randolph was silent for a moment. Then he spoke carefully.
    “That person is a hero.”
    hero. … … I couldn't even give an answer to the very precise expression, but the child continued.
    “I will protect my mother just like him.”
    “Thank you, Randy.”
    Suddenly, I answered with watery eyes, and James, who was watching me, lightly kissed my cheek.
    Then he asked Randy.
    “Randy, what about your father?”
    “What is Daddy?”
    “Are you going to protect your father too?”
    “Dad can protect himself.”
    “Randy, you are so… … .”
    At the sound of James' voice pretending to be grumpy, I held back my laughter.
    Either way, James continued his false accusation.
    “No matter how hard this dad tries, Randy is always third to you… … .”
    “Why are you in third place? Wasn't that second place?"
    James shrugged at my words.
    “I was pushed out by Helen three months ago.”
    "Aha."
    Three months ago, the second child born to us was given the first name 'Helen' and the middle name 'Sally'.
    'Sally was happy with tears in her eyes.'
    As he remembered the incident and smiled, James continued to be polite.
    “But for Helen, this dad will be number one.”
    “Hey, it won’t be easy.”
    The sight of James having an argument with his five-year-old son broke out into laughter.
    After a long laugh, I said something.
    “James, I never thought you would be like this.”
    “It’s the same with me.”
    And after a while.
    We stopped in front of a tombstone and paused for a moment.
    The name 'Randolph Carter' written on the tombstone did not keep young Randy's eyes off of him for a while.
    'I'm doing well, Randolph.'
    The moment I greeted him in my heart with a faint smile on my face.
    'You mean you didn't know I'd come back alive? I'm not dying, even for you.'
    … … As if in response to my greeting, it seemed that such a voice was heard from somewhere.
    As I turned around involuntarily, a gentle wind blew in.
    It was a wind filled with the scent of wild flowers and the fresh scent of spring that reminds me of someone I miss.
    If I'm not wrong, James has blonde hair, so the other illustration must be Randolph Carter.
    There are also like 5 different side stories.

10. Khadija SK

Khadija SK Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do you have the raws of the story? Even in Korean

11. RegisteredToAskAThing

RegisteredToAskAThing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not for this story, I just used Ridibook free tickets and converted the chapter into an txt translated file.

Khadija SK likes this.
  12. seekingsnow

seekingsnow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Emily is partially possessed by Ephraim Waite, who took possession of his student Enoch Bowen's body at some point.
    One of her ancestors was a wizard and Emily is the most powerful manifestation of it. She used to learn spells over her parents shoulders. Ephraim found out that the Le Rue Documents (which has the method to call Cthulhu into the world) which he was looking for was in her parents' hands. He wanted to extort them, but after finding about Emily he wanted to take over her body. But her parents prepared a backup spell and managed to destroy Emphraim's (Enoch's) mind and sacrificed themselves. However, a section of Emphraim's soul remained and parasitised Emily.
    In order to get rid of it, Randolph had her become Hastur's incarnation, the apostle of the Yellow King. The Ephraim that existed within her - that is, the apostle who worships another god named Cthulhu - would inevitably lose power and be cast out of the body.
    The reason Emily loses her memories is because Emily felt guilt because her parents died for her and asked Randolph to wipe her memories.
    At the end Emily seals Ephraim in a crystal, and the crystal is sunk to the depths of the sea.
    Randolph is the Yellow King. There are many dimensions and Randolph is from another dimension. He met the Yellow King Hastur and became his apostle and incarnation. He obtained divine power and was reborn as the Yellow King. Hastur had a half brother called Cthulhu who used to rule the earth but became dormant. It was Randolph's job to monitor it.
    Randolph is immortal so he has no blood or a beating heart.

He first met Emily when she was 10. He was given an instruction from Hastur to watch over Emily Wood. This is because there is a fragment of Ephraim Waite's consciousness inside her. Ephraim Waite is his enemy and he can kill him by killing Emily. But he didn't want to kill her because he pitied her so he sealed Ephraim in her body. But then when she was 16 a man who called himself Enoch Bowen came and unsealed Ephraim. Ephraim became active in Emily's body at night. So Randolph came to be a teacher at her school to suppress it, and that's when they 'officially' met. After meeting Emily, Randolph's heart started beating.
    However, he couldn't suppress Ephraim's consciousness. So he used up his power as Hastur's apostle to make Emily an apostle. He lost all his power so he was incorporated into Hastur's body. When Emily was able to undo all the things Ephraim did, he came back. His reason for coming back was to give Emily power to defeat Ephraim. He then dies for real. :blob_teary:
    When he leaves, everyone but Emily and Helena forget he came back. At the end, Emily tells James all about him.
    Henry half confesses to Emily but is rejected.
    Henry's father, Edward Hyde is Enoch Bowen. Edward Hyde was kicked out and replaced so he tried to take over Henry's body.
    At the end of the novel he leaves for the USA to carve his own destiny.
    James Moriarty is the Male Lead. In the final battle against Ephraim, he uses himself as bait and passes the test of the crystal. He then clears all his illegal businesses and marries Emily. They have a boy called Randolph George Moriarty and a girl called Helen Sally Moriarty.
    His wish for the crystal isn't directly revealed, but it's probably that in the next life and all the lives after, he would find her again and fall in love :blobsmilehappy:
    At the end of the novel, Emily, James and their son Randolph visit the real Randolph's grave.

RegisteredToAskAThing likes this.