Dont trust critiques or reviewers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mnotia, Jul 30, 2021.

?

by chance, pretail what exactly that canine is enacting upon, my good sir?

1. What da dog doin?

41.7%
  2. Ah yes fair hubert. The canine is most permeable against the actions of performing things.

16.7%
  3. Logoff, you degenerate.

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title says; dont trust em.

Their opinions tend to be shit and are most likely shit takes.

Mfs thought brightburn wasnt a 9/10 so they gave it a 6/10. they wanted a superman movie but what they got was a cinematic masterpiece about what if the whole superman idea was twisted and the mf was just fucking crazy.

Theres also mfs that thoguht House of 1000 corpses was a 6/10 just cause they thought it was " a spoof of early 2000s horror" when in actuality it showed a clear and cut idea that 'oh yeah. there are fucking crazies in the world.'

If you base your ideas off of something someone said then youre prob missing a shit ton of facts. For example; last week one of my boys hit me up and told me "Hey man, that new Hamilton is fucking awesome man." I trusted that mf so I bought a disney plus sub. I fucking regret it. Hamilton is a 5/10. I didnt know it was gonna be a fucking musical so guess what. I have fucking classical rap stuck in my fucking head now.

Always absorb media by your self without asking someone else for their take on said media. If you ask someone "how was this movie?" and if they say bad then youre just gonna expect the movie to be bad and if doesnt play as a 10/10 then your gonna think its a 4/10 because of what the person told you.

Its the same mfs that think the last mohican is the best film ever made. Its not and I hope the white savior thing stops soon

wanted to rant for a little since i havent posted in a while

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Ddraig likes this.
  2. MinUp

MinUp Maidenless, yet Homiefull

Reading List:
    Link
    Fr what da dog doin tho

FIEND, Mnotia and UnGrave like this.
  3. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of rating site that has reviewer rating opposite of the user rating *ahem*Rotten Tomatoes*ahem*

prongsjiisan likes this.
  4. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The key to getting use out of reviews is finding a reviewer who has similar tastes as you or maybe finding one with exactly the opposite tastes. Majority doesn't matter, you need opinions that can be useful to you personally.

Lissi, imK, aShinyVaporeon and 2 others like this.
  5. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    What I usually do is I read a few bad reviews and if I don't get why they're rating it so low, or they're doing it for crappy reasons, then the show/book is usually good enough.

I don't watch too many movies but on novels, a lot of the time most bad reviews are because of genre hate or people who didn't want to read the kind of novel but picked it for some random reason anyway.

Authors or creators of other forms of entertainment sure do deal with a lot of nonsense.

On the other hand, well written bad reviews are a godsend. They clearly outline why something is bad and very often, you'll see the same thing when you read/watch it. There are rare cases where you might miss a good book or two but you can get back to those if you ever see them being recommended by others later on.

asriu, Lissi, Mnotia and 3 others like this.
  6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read reviews. I watch trailers if I don't know the movie and I read the synopsis. <--- if these 2 don't convince me the movie is good or bad I probably won't watch unless a friend or someone close to me recommends the movie to me.

On occasions I have been known to watch movies that terrible IMDB ratings and most of the time IMDB is right they are bad. some movies that were really good in the 90s or early 2000s don't age well and rating also declines.

One of my favorite movies was Soldier by Kurt Russell. it's still good movie but IMDB marked it a 6/10 when this movie came out it was 7.5.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120157/

Geor and prongsjiisan like this.
  7. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    If 90% critics says is shit then maybe it's genuinely shit. Like Disney Star Wars for example.

They failed to make. Side character like Finn and co, looks badass like Han Solo or Obi Wan.

Also I hate movies with political agenda.

Rather than Star Wars Who killed Captain Alex. It's much better. Also how come movies with $200 budget is more entertaining than $millions budget movies?

Leo William likes this.
  8. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you can find them the original reviews of Star Wars they bad mouthed it until it became a hit (at which they redid the review praising it which you can still find on Ytube but not the original one). Honestly I stopped believing critics around the same time I stopped having stories read to me and just read them myself, and chose to make my own decision on things. Not to say all of them are like that, but still I've seen movies that had won high rewards after high rewards that where real stinkers so, ya, no thanks to some things. Now if I see enough negative reviews and it's not in an area I enjoy I might not even look at it, or in the case of stories I might check out the first chapter or two then either go for it or say nope.

imK likes this.
  9. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not always true. I have seen plenty of movies that didn't have a million dollar project get better sales.
    remember Blair witch project? <--- they used camcorder to make this movie.

There are ton of movies that have million dollar budget that flop hard.

Mnotia and prongsjiisan like this.
  10. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes it feels like they are making random shots trying to land a hit

Geor and imK like this.
  11. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed