Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I couldn't tell, but I'm assuming it's because Sang Tong doesn't want their sister any more involved in the uhm, spiritual aspects, of the world as they have caused harm to her before? Because Mu Rong being literally a death official who has a close relationship with Sang Yu might bring her more danger? :blob_tilt:

2. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, can someone recommend me a Chinese entertainment yuri novel where it has reality/variety shows rather than acting and drama? I find those funnier, like the ones Mc was sent to a small village and had to survive and the sorts.

3. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some marry before love- totally long story?

林视狼顾
    Lin shi lang gu 136
    The shi lan gu could mean of taking care of (gu), which is one of the mc.
    Double protagonist, rich people. So one of them lin is an idol who didn't want to inherit the mine at home, and gu is president but with bad home or something, bad stepmom, she has step bro who actually wants to spoil her and be called brother but gu hated him unfortunately?
    Hidden marriage, lin use thick make up so no one knew.

假结婚真香指南
    A guide to fake marriage
    Mc idol is a rich daughter turned peasant with her lil bro, and fl need marriage so she wants to contract marriage mc.

穿成苦情女主的渣A老妈
    Become the heroine's scum mom a
    Mc transmigrated in a world abo, ends up with fl, heroine's mom who died after giving birth. Mc beats a lot of scum a who hurt her daughter. Good background setting there's also radical bo movement and equality stuff if anyone like the setting. Later heroine grows up into an A instead of an O, and ends up with the villainess in the original book (villainess became heroine's childhood sweetheart, and promised only kissing heroine and getting married later). Mc and fl will have a child, which is like original heroine o so fl is relieved.

AsianessPride likes this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    for a moment I thought the Creator was a God character in the story, lol

5. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    There's 2 I remember reading and liking. The first one is There is a Wall Behind the Shadow (影后有堵墙(GL)by 云惘然) where the MC is transmigrated/reborn into an actress while still retaining her powers from her original world that is going through a zombie apocalypse. She ends up in a reality TV show where the contestants are supposed to survive in the wilderness. Enter the Scene (逢场入戏 by 宁远) is the other one where they're in a variety show together where 1 is an 18th line actress and the other is a gold medal screenwriter.

hiddenlight7 and AsianessPride like this.
  6. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    I love farming haha

女屠户与小娇娘
    Female butcher and pure young wife
    Mc is a... Farmer with lazy family who wants to sell her, and she happens to meet fl the female butcher. Ancient setting but women can marry. Mc turned out to be stolen and switched by the vicious mom with a girl from rich family, later mc and rich girl became friend rich girl Nian2 knew about it and she decided to ignore her original parents and only live as herself as a gentle and kind lady and mc friend.

师尊她只想做咸鱼
    Female master just want to be a salted fish
    Mc who died was transmigrated in xianxia story, but at first she reject the syatem but decided to help but still be salted fish and lazy. Fl is heroine.

AsianessPride likes this.
  7. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    I found this one interesting so I summarize the first few chapters for old time sake

Anyways, starting off her system chose her to be its host because her soul was the most compatible but Mc really didn’t want to bother and said to just let her die. Although she was an orphan in the old life, she loved peacefully without any simulation. 443, her system was surprised to see someone who disregarded life so much, did it’s best to persuade her, even using the guilty card. Mc, although lazy, was a softhearted person and agree to be its host in the end. She was really disconnected at first, to go as far to have copy replace her after she’s finish with her mission. Her soul was transmigrated to a cold-hearted genius elder of a rather large sect. As elder, she has her own peak and originally lived there alone. Mc’s mission was to guide the heroine (FL) to the top(?) so Mc took FL as her apprentice. FL was 10 at this time, very shy and adorable. Her Junior(because she’s a direct disciple) apprentices loved her quickly. From the little bits I’ve seen. Her family was murdered in front of her and she wants vengeance. Mc took FL in as an apprentice because of the mission at first but she was won over by FL cuteness.

At start, FL as scared of her master but Mc turned out to be very kind and helpful. Mc would unintentionally show her soft side to FL only, and also shocked basically everyone in the sect since the old soul was that cold-faced. Mc was give her gifts, comb her hair, tidy her clothes, cook for her when FL is mediating, carrying her home when she gets tired from training, comforts her when FL has nightmare of her past, gives her high quality milk. Mc was sometimes worried about how clingy FL tends to be since she seen master-disciple story where they get too close and falls in love. She would ask 443 for reassurance, but 443, being a system told her it’s normal and gave lots of excuses to why.

I’ll stop here. I haven’t finished so there might be a twist but I’ve been seeing fluff so far

8. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    This is terrible. Best of luck to them

9. compass96

compass96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she have a donation link or sthg?

10. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Meloonseed likes this.
  11. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    This one more xiu xian
    穿成修仙文里的假千金
    Transmigrated as fake daughter in xiu xian
    Mc transmigrated as fake daughter, she and fl is swapped at birth by fl dad. Mc saved fl and collect her primordial soul shards. Basicallt 3 gl couple
    Mc and fl, mc guard and qingxue, qingxue's mom x her senior sister

12. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on ch15 of "complicating love" and I am beginning to understand why the author called the novel like this. They really do complicate their relationship (and among other things, love too but it is yet to reach that point). I am enjoying it immensely and recommend it to anybody who likes a bit of drama and fresh characters, but it can really cause you to grind your teeth in frustration at times (which, I am certain, is by author's intention and well-done)

13. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a reminder that the Yuri Garden Writing Competition 2021 submission period ends in just over 2 days~!

I unfortunately have IRL commitments to keep me busy for most of Saturday, so I strongly recommend submitting the day before or even earlier if you can.
    That way, if you need to edit to meet the rules, you have a greater chance of making them in time.

If you need something to help you keep track, I've made a countdown timer here: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...g=End+of+Submission+Period&font=cursive&csz=1

(On that note, this Saturday's entries will be the last additions to the competition, and voting will open in the days following it.)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  14. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    If its no secret, as of now, how many stories will there be once the current Saturday bunch is published?

Moonpearl likes this.
  15. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now there are 11 confirmed entries.

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  16. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    There are now 24 hours remaining to submit to the competition!

The Hamster Overlord and Ddraig like this.
  17. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Submissions for the Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2021) have now closed~!

Voting will open soon.

18. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Done reading

绿茶O她变质了_八方来电
    Green tea o has gone bad.
    Pseudo axa, . Anyway the fl is wood and.. . The gwnre change from romance to escape game sci fi because it turned out fl world is a looping game. Mc bring fl out somehow.
    成为首富从重生开始_寒露夜凉
    Becoming the richest start from rebirth.
    Mc who dead from overwork went back to high school time. Fl sticks to mc and provide funds, mc didn't know back then that fl is rich. Very businessy article.
    捡到个巨星后人生开挂了_花末七
    After picking up the superstar, my life is over
    Mc found out her gf turned ex is afraid of her because ahe has mind reading abilities. Mc died and rebirth and is picked up by fl. In the new life her ex actually chase after her but mc is disgusted with her
    我和渣前任她妈在一起了[穿书]_逾浮
    I'm with my scum ex's mother
    This is another world loop
    Mc meets fl, entertainment circle. So on and so forth, mc managed to break the bind curse and be with fl, in next worlds repeat.
    On going
    穿成“男配”后
    Transmigrated as villain
    Mc transmigrated as a crossdressing villain who pamper heroine. Heroine knew mc woman from start

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  19. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    From the few times I've seen people comment on it, yeah it's true that harems aren't allowed.

20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Voting for the Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2021) is now open~!

You'll find the poll for voting at the top of the thread now.

This year, there are 13 entries, and each person has up to 3 votes. You can change your votes at any point up until the end of voting.

Voting will end on August the 15th at 22:00 (BST). Check the time the poll closes above for a conversion into your own time.

Please make sure to read every entry before voting, to be fair to our hardworking writers~! The entries can be found here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/296662/the-yuri-garden-writing-competition-/

PrincessFelicie and Ddraig like this.