Discussion You became a side character!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by chocolatecompimenta, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    @AliceShiki @akki

2. howlblack

howlblack Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well thats interesting

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    And Ophi-kun says that we are the ones that torture him, when the truth is that he tortures himself~

4. Dragontrainer201

Dragontrainer201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm… last novel I ever completed was probably… The CEO’s Villainess Childhood Friend. I guess that means I’ll be an actor in the film industry. Yay…?

Hopefully, the memories I receive from my char will include acting lessons. Guess I’ll be busy with my new acting career or something for the next three years. Maybe I could be friends with the ML and get invited to his and the MC’s wedding. Speaking of the ML and MC, three years before the series start should be right around the time they had their blind one night stand that ended with them not knowing who each other are. I guess I’ll collect evidence so that in three years time, I could tell the ML ahead of time the identity of his one night stand, but only after the series start. Probably shouldn’t do too much in the meantime, though. At least not until the MC has transmigrated over into her new body. Once that happens, I’ll be purchasing her services to improve my fortune. Maybe become the new Film Emperor after the ML retires. :p

Over the course of the series itself, I’ll try to amass a fortune of my own. Maybe I’ll bail out the original heroine / green tea antagonist at the very end… for a price. XD

5. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished Reverend Insanity; I'm utterly, completely fucked. No redemption for me, only hell awaits. Might as well get me into Berserk.

6. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hrm.. the "3 years before start" causes some strange interactions with many series, this is one of them. IIRC, the series starts after the return to the past, which would mean you're 3 years before that... which means

You can change the past so the MC never becomes the MC in the first place. Then you need to somehow acquire Fortune Rivaling Heaven before that one guy & sign up with the central plains. Or just find that guy and convince him to do so along with you. Maybe even recruit the first-timelime MC into helping you do this, unlike second-timelime MC he's actually trustworthy albeit infinitely less useful. Best targets for this are probably his brother if you're a guy or.. hrm.. more difficult if you're a gal as you want to have at least a little talent, which means being a part of a different family with more obligations and less ease of contacting the MC. It's possible Fate will mess this up because of the need to stop Gloomy but if you intend to help the court preemptively stop the whole thing and then bow your head to the court like a proper dog it might actually work in your favor. Become a part of the problem!

---------

Hrm.. if series where I skipped a few chapters doesn't count I'm not.. sure which novel was the last one I completed. I think it would be.. FFF-Class Trash Hero?

EDIT: Original plan doesn't work. Edit 2: Oh, it did work after all. Eh, summary of original plan: "Take advantage of MC solving all the setting's issues eventually as a random elf."

But wait! Time flows differently on earth. I forget the exact rate, but IIRC it is extreme enough that I could just be back there. Eh... given what Earth goes through "Random Elf" is likely the safer option. Unless that wouldn't count as a member of the MC's social group in which case.. hrm.. if earth counts I guess being a random other dude on earth (that was the MC's classmate in college) that gets to Fantasia is possible? If so, there's a number of ways to go forward from there but this post is long enough already.

EDIT: Wait, no, the series starts right AFTER the MC starts his second time in FFF.
    EDIT2: No, it starts before. Well, I should have saved the original plan. Oh well.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  7. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Two main problems are the Heaven Will's, meaning that I can't preemptively kill Fang Yuan before he disrupted Spectral Soul's plan and if I did weird shit I'll get into Heavenly Court's radar for being an Otherworldly Demon and a Fate Escapee. The second problem is all the Venerables and their plans for Fang Yuan, meaning that it's super hard to even be a dog for the Heavenly Court and prevented the destruction of Fate Gu.

I'll probably be Fang Zheng and did everything like the story up until Fang Yuan got the Sovereign Body then revealed my knowledge and bow to Heavenly Court. At least I might be able to survive. Until Fang Yuan concocted a new shiny scheme and completely nullified my future knowledge, that is.