Discussion Chill bro it's just a WN

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by venu101, Jul 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like why you so upset with web novel? I mean it's a web novel most of the author just started growing hairs someplaces when they begin writing these things without any other examples but what they might have read on the site is popular. It's true the bullied victim turning into a cool super attractive alpha with a third leg to give an elephant for a run for its money .... Speaking of which it's also kinda getting boring how some economically and socially backward idiot(don't you bring up some drop outs like Gates made it big, they had talent,vision,help, effort and luck which most drop outs or even graduate don't have or won't utilize enough) somehow goes around destroying industry leaders, politicians, generals with decades of experience like they were five year olds vs Pennywise. It's getting annoying but still do you have to self diagnose yourself with cancer in the reviews from reading it because in the end it's a wn which unfortunately might end up becoming an LN but still do you?

My rant is over. Now you can rant in the comments too.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to think I'm numb to them from all that chillin'. :blobexpressionless:

venu101 likes this.
  3. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You faked me out. I thought that was the name of a 100% meta WN.

4. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    If you’re angry at having wasted a ton of time, you have 2 options… There’s the tough one of berating yourself, or the super easy one of shitting on the trashy WN you just read. It’s not hard to imagine why many people may end up picking the latter…

5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Em, I just developed my senses, so I can skip a novel based on the synopsis. Less time wasted.

Shio and afelice like this.
  6. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Regardless of whether you berate yourself or the novel, you still wasting more time berating something when you could instead do something you enjoy

7. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now days Japanese wn tells you the story in the title. Them effecient elevens.

Shio and ludagad like this.
  8. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True

9. Sansome

Sansome A Kind and Honest Villager X

Reading List:
    Link
    when it comes to LN i would say judging a book from it's cover mostly effective for me.
    - Der Werwolf: The Annals of Veight
    - Cooking with Wild Game
    - Risou no Himo Seikatsu
    - Ascendance of a Bookworm
    the point is you need to know what to expect what you're going to read, Title and Description. avoid vague description.

10. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'd say we can generally split this into three groups:

1) People that truly wanted to like the novel they are raving about.
    2) People that like the genre, but are getting frustrated in their search for stories within that genre due to some issue that this particular work exemplifies.
    3) People that enjoy complaining and/or are on a moralist rampage of self-gratification.

I think you get some especially emotional reviews from group (1), particularly when whatever angered them happened later in the novel. A common example is a series where it looked like there was going to be a romantic development with a single love interest and then BAM! Sudden harem. This group feels like the author betrayed them, and that brings out the knives with a far greater ferocity than just being bad. There's another subgroup of (1) that's just disappointed, like if the novel had a great concept that was utterly wasted because the author decided to chase the latest trends instead.

PPpupu likes this.
  11. PPpupu

PPpupu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but complaining is fun

Iruma666 likes this.
  12. Iruma666

Iruma666 『 Banana Pudding Enjoyer 』

Reading List:
    Link
    this is very very true