Today is Friendship Day in India

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by otaku31, Aug 1, 2021.

1. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came to know of it after someone posted it in our work colleagues' Whatsapp group and everyone started wishing everyone else. I tried to stay away, but after some pointed remarks that perhaps I don't consider them friends, I was forced to 'befriend' them and reassure them they couldn't be more wrong (or right). My very sociable cousin is still at work returning wishes from his sea of friends who expect it as their right (or so he tells me); he seems swamped with them and about as happy as a drowning man can be. Luckily, my family takes my continued friendship with them for granted.

I wish we had a 'Happy Don't-Bother-Others Day', but I figure once it has been instituted, people would expect to be wished on that day, too. Why can't I just have a well-deserved, peaceful Sunday without being forced to socialize and speak empty words? Actually, why do we even have so many 'Days' to celebrate and why do some insist we celebrate them even if it has not much to do with us?

2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Because people want to feel validated, and that they are important and not at all replaceable and inconsequential (which, let's be honest, we all are)

otaku31 likes this.
  3. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause I guess, a lot of days celebrating different things means more gifts, means more money? I don't know. Maybe it's because a collective amount of people wanted to celebrate something so they made a day bout it, like Sisters Day or Avocado Day.

I basically agree with the hamster overlord.

otaku31 likes this.
  4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Peer pressure is the one word answer to me. Everyone feels like their life is worth celebrating, without realising that someone out there might prefer to simply sleep rather than celebrate. To participate is very simple and easy. Just post a heart emoji or something in the group. That's it.

otaku31 likes this.
  5. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just use this as a profile, "I'm introvert. I consider you guys friends, but we have different method of expressing it. So don't bother me with this today, please."

otaku31 likes this.
  6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, FOMO and societal pressure, also you can say good things without meaning it, like "hello, thank you and I'm sorry".

Suck it up, my jap boss had us smacked with alcohol every dinner party we had, you either do with the crowd or get isolated. I just do what I was told and shut everything off, including my "introvert mode" and start singing SHOTS.

otaku31 likes this.
  7. Deleted member 283793

Deleted member 283793 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    These days are cute, though I don't think a specific day is needed to express your gratitude and love for another.

"Making a chore of out wishes" XD yes, one shouldn't be forced say words that they don't feel from the heart, but this world expects too much. As to why, their validation comes from others~

otaku31 likes this.
  8. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    A stupid celebration will remain a celebration. Not that all celebrations were pleasant in the first place anyway.

otaku31 likes this.
  9. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish there was an 'acquaintance day' where we reaffirm our superficial amiability with those around us, and remember not to invest too much in each other's lives.

MasterCuddler and otaku31 like this.
  10. Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu

Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu ‖True Chaos‖Twisted Prodigy‖True Energy‖Gamer God‖

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha! having 0 friends is the best!!!!!!!
    I didnt realize that its friendship day today.

otaku31 likes this.
  11. Deleted member 367916

Deleted member 367916 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    'cuz "Man is by nature a social animal"~ Aristotle.
    Btw, Happy Friendship Day, Otaku-san!!! :blobpeek:

otaku31 likes this.
  12. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like a singles valentines day

FIEND and otaku31 like this.
  13. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    For businesses to make money and capitalize on that. Also a day off from work would be nice instead of an empty Day

otaku31 likes this.