Discussion KNovel Readers, Where are you from?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seola, Aug 1, 2021.

?

Where are you guys reading from?

1. Western Europe

2. Eastern & Central Europe

3. Asia

4. Africa

5. Mediterranean & Middle East

6. Americas

7. I prefer JP/CN Novels more

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Seola

Seola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All this time, I always figured KNovels were just popular among Koreans and Americans in the states. This is due to the fact that I live in the states and I come across many people who are interested in KNovels. It was a closed community for me.
    That is.. until I pondered upon NU. I had never joined a community for novels before so I became exposed to different people, people's tastes in novels, and etc. Everyone here is pretty diverse so I am conducting a little survey.
    I've also wondered where most of the KNovel audience were from. Whether you are a KNovel reader, translator, editor, or proofreader, I hope that you will take part in my survey and tell me what region you are from and/or specifically which country. What made you want to read KNovels? This is a learning period for me; it'll help me greatly ^^

To begin, I am from the Americas, specifically NA, in the states.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    hansora likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    India. Though I feel the need to specify I usually stay away from the historical-fantasy female protagonist otome villainess genre which accounts for the bulk of KRNs and their reader-base here. But I am open to female protagonist novels if they are set in contemporary times and do not have much to do with K-Pop (non-negotiable) or the entertainment industry (negotiable).

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Seola likes this.
  3. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this for your thesis? xD

Asia here.. Though i haven't read a lot of KN.. The only KN i finished is Dungeon Hunter, Dimensional Sovereign, Breakers.. Ah and also EER, ICD.
    Wut, i actually read a lot of KN.

Seola likes this.
  4. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Asia haven't read that much kr novel. The ones I've read are I alone level up, novels extra,Issac , dungeon hunter, omniscient reader something and some other I don't remember.

Seola likes this.
  5. Seola

Seola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough. I agree that the dominating theme of KNovels nowadays is "dropped into a fantasy world I was reading/playing as the villainess and end up with the original ML while the original FL becomes evil or irrelevant." It kinda sucks that the historical ones with the romance-main genre are led by a female protagonist while action-packed, world-building themes genres are led by male protagonists.

Yes, for my personal research paper :blobshh:

Those are good novels, I hear. I haven't started them, buuuut they're in my reading list (for a while now).

6. sekach

sekach Outer Disciple

Reading List:
    Link
    Seola likes this.
  7. Seola

Seola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Russia! And 10~20 novels? Wow, I never expected someone from Russia, no mean to be rude. What brought you to read KNovels?

8. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Asia. I read a mix of almost everything JP, CN or KN. I don't really care much about what it's local language it was before it was English translated as long as I find the story decent.

Seola likes this.
  9. Selviata

Selviata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    USA. I feel like a lot of the translated knovels are just better quality? From the translation themselves to the plot, a lot of them seem to be produced under legitimate teams of writers, editors, etc., hence why translating them proves to be a bit of a problem legally. Also, the cover arts and subsequent manhwas produced are really fantastic, visually.

Seola likes this.