Spoiler I Quit Being The Male Lead’s Rival

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    E4zzw38VcAIVNBl.jpg
    resource.jpg

Novel Link:
    Official Raws: Author: 유나진 I Yoo Na Jin (The same author who wrote, "Doctor Resignation", "Because She Had A Time Limit, She Became The Villain's Daughter-in-law", and "I Didn’t Save You To Get Proposed To")
    Artist: cocorip | 코코립
    Year: 2021
    Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance

Description:

One day, as usual, Annabelle remembered the memories of her previous life.
    It was revealed that she has been reincarnated as the second most popular character in a novel.
    She also did all kinds of bad things to the male lead, and in the end, she is the person who will end up in prison!

‘In the end, I’ll get caught. It’s crazy!’

Anabelle begins to save Ian from danger by intercepting the conspiracies that were laid out one by one to prevent her impending doom.
    But in the process, she caught the attention of some unexpected people…

“Oh my, that’s the spirit of chivalry our family peruses! I like that a lot!”

Ian’s mothers’ eyes began to sparkle at her.

“Would you like to be my partner to the opera?”

After saving Ian, the prince keeps flirting…

“Ian, I’ve decided to quit being your rival and live a new life.”
    “A new life?”
    “To stop paying attention to a man like you who’s always up and down, marry a man with no character, and live a normal life.”
    “Who’s the opponent? And why am I up and down?”

The male lead, Ian, keeps obsessing over me for some reason.

“Why do you not talk harshly to me these days…? Do it again.”

Everyone just seems to be a little weird!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link

I Quit Being the Male Lead’s Rival

AUTHOR : Yoo Na Jin
    GENRE: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance

TABLE OF CONTENTS (TOC)
    CHARACTERS (Spelling may vary across TL's)
    [c/o Le_Tired]

Main Characters

• Annabelle Nadit - MC, 22yo, slightly reddish light purple hair & blue eyes
      • illegitimate daughter of the Marquis of Abedes
      • obsessed with swordsmanship competitions to gain recognition from her family (Marquis Abedes) & challenged ML to duels almost everyday for 8 yrs (they first met at 14yo)
      • One day she remembered her past life and realized her present life is from a novel & decides to quit the role of a petty rival after regaining the memories
      • Previously obsessed w/ getting 1st place in Imperial Swords Competition but always lost to ML in swordsmanship and placed 2nd instead
      • ogStory - ML's rival & minor supporting villain
        • made numerous attempts to harm and sabotage ML
        • in one of her last attempts, a bookmark that contained black magic to reduce vision exploded while ML was reading > ML commissioned the Wizards' Guild to investigate the incident > all schemes attempted by MC and Reid were exposed after the swordsmanship contest > both also charged w/ assassination of Prince Robert & given heavy sentences
        • ended up being sent to jail
    • Ian Wade / Wadedross - ML, 22yo, blonde hair & red eyes
      • famous for his chivalry & successor to Wade Duchy, known for their swordsmanship
      • son of 2 famous swordsman & learned to use the sword directly from his father and head knights
      • won 1st place in swordsmanship competitions & easily defeated MC
      • ogStory - ogML who ended up w/ Cessianne (ogHeroine & saint)
        • extremely normal, predictable, common sense person
        • readers complained that he was too perfect, his righteous personality was bland, and the chemistry w/ ogHeroine was off
        • uninterested in politics but Prince Robert's close friend
        • saved the world together w/ ogHeroine and honored as close aide of next Emperor, Prince Robert

ML & MC's Families
    • MC’s (switched at birth aka not actual) family - Abedes Marquisate & Nadits [Crown prince / Empress faction] abuser family [​IMG]
      • Marquis Abedes - MC's 'father', father of Richard and Elburn, involved in black magic
      • Marchioness Abedes - Marquis Abedes's legal wife and mother of Richard & Elburn, deceased due to chronic disease
      • Richard Abedes - MC's 'half brother', 1st son, has huge role in administration
        • ogStory - 2nd ML
          • obsessive & used underhanded tricks
          • sought to be Crown Prince Carlon's closest ally
          • helped Crown Prince to cast black magic
          • tried to get rid of ML due to Crown Prince's concern over Duke Wade's support for Prince Robert
      • Elburn Abedes - MC's 'half brother', 2nd son, role in finance department
      • Caitlyn Nadit - MC's 'mother', commoner, Marquis's fleeting mistress, deceased due to a wagon accident thank god
        • 1st marriage w/ a poor aristocrat who died a few yrs later resulted in the birth of Reid
        • Seduced Marquis Abedes to give birth to a child to use for the purpose of extorting $$ from him
        • Used MC's hard-earned $$ to eat lavish meals & buy extravagant goods w/ Reid, as she loved jewelry and expensive dresses, while giving MC nothing
        • was in the same hospital as Marianne (MC's real mother) when they were giving birth and switched their babies
      • Reid Nadit - MC’s 'half brother' from Caitlyn's first husband
        • when MC’s “mother” died Reid took care of MC like a father
        • schemed w/ MC to injure ML & win competition
        • bffs w/ biggest slave dealer in the capital
    • MC’s (real) family - Rainfield, wealthy commoners
      • Marianne Rainfield - MC's mother, purple hair & green eyes, owner of a luxury / high end dress shop, good with knives, former doctor's assistant
      • Oscar Rainfield - MC’s father, pink hair and blue eyes, head chef of Wadedross Duchy, owner of restaurant chain 'Rainfield Restaurant', good with knives
      • Aaron Rainfield - MC’s younger brother, 20 yo, pink hair & dark blue eyes, lieutenant of Knights of Templar from Duke of Wade
    • ML’s family - Wade / Wadedross Duchy [Prince Robert faction]
      • Duchess Leslie Wadedross - ML’s mother
        • originally a poor commoner who was an excellent swordsman
        • frequently challenged ML’s father but always lost and placed 2nd
        • injured from catching her father who fell from a five story window and can no longer hold a sword
      • Duke Braden Wadedross - ML's father, proposed to Duchess when she was injured and unable to hold a sword again

Other Characters
    • Imperial family
      • Empress - supports 1st Prince, mother of 1st prince
      • Emperor - supports 2nd Prince, father of both 1st and 2nd princes
      • 1st Prince: Crown Prince Carlon / Kalon - antagonist, half brother of 2nd prince, involved in black magic
      • 2nd Prince: Prince Robert Calburn Elijah Rowe - 2nd ML
        • half brother of 1st prince
        • illegitimate child of Emperor & foreign dancer who died giving birth to him
        • ogStory - found out Crown Prince airlifted political funds from an illegal slave dealer and dethroned him
    • Other Characters
      • Lagian / Ragian - 1st Prince / Crown Prince Carlon's subordinate
      • High Priest - saved by Annabel during a procession and has a good relationship w/ her, arranged Annabel's paternity test to confirm blood ties w/ Marquis Abedes
      • Cessianne - saint
        • ogStory - righteous ogHeroine who ended up w/ ML despite the chemistry being a bit off, saved the world together w/ ML
    **11/7 Fixed character descriptions**

KAKAOPAGE INDEX
    • CH 1: Prologue
    • CH 2-12: Want to escape
    • CH 13-22: Things I used to believe are strange
    • CH 23-30: Attitude to welcome family
    • CH 31-38: Paternity test
    • CH 39-41: Circumstances of a trivial villain
    • CH 42-50: Trivial villain's ej*culation (Literal translation ??)
    • CH 51-62: Why people change
    • Ch 63-76: Between love and acting
    • CH 77-86: Body and mind close
    • CH 87-95: How to use opponent's trap
    • CH 96-116: Qualifications of the mind
    • CH 117-126: Origins of the last black magic
    • CH 127-134: Things that don't matter in front of love
    • CH 135-146: After you quit your rival
    • CH 147: Epilogue
    • CH 148-162: Side Stories
      • CH 148-152: (1) The Rich Man’s Injection
      • CH 153-157: (2) Abduction, If the child had not changed
      • CH 158: (3) Interview
      • CH 159: (4) Tea Time
      • CH 160: (5) Proposal
      • CH 161: (6) Pregnancy
      • CH 162: (7) Daily

NOVEL MTL / SUMMARY
    [c/o Eccedentesiastdisha, klauthzer0, ndepss, KristinaMariaSara]

Main Story
    **Broken links fixed, missing chapters indicated**

Side Story

GENERAL / MISC.
    [c/o OtomeAddict, rrchi, Hx776f62626c65, evilbonsai, Eccedentesiastdisha]

TOC: @Le_Tired

***TOC reflects spoiler thread up to pg. 24, Post #478 as of Feb 21, 2022***

Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  3. OtomeAddict

OtomeAddict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m super excited about this novel since I love the authors other work.
    Went to look for Naver blogs again to mtl.

- Apparently when she gains connections with the prince, the deadbeat marquis tries to cash in on the opportunity and she turns out not to be his child.
    - I believe that she’s actually a stolen/switched child
    - FL is apparently going to destroy her awful “family” (before chapter 65 too waow!)
    - OGfl is going to be a villian. Well shiettt Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑) but at least it’s said she’s absolutely no match for FL.
    - The prince (not ML) is going to be really attractive so we’re prolly gonna feel some second lead syndrome
    - FL was born on the same day as Aaron Rainfield’s sister. (Aaron = ML’s friend/lieutenant) Hint hint...

General comments
    - Everyone likes FL’s snide insults and appreciate that she’s strong/kicka—/doesn’t turn into a weak maiden in distress.
    - ML is not scary yandere obsessed, it’s like middle school kid sulky-obsessed.
    - The support cast is all very likable.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  4. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youu , please spoil some more

Belle76 likes this.
  5. citrus_sunsun

citrus_sunsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoilers please !!

6. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I kinda dislike how the second cover changed the dynamic of the first cover (awesome tension-filled rivals on - relatively - equal ground) to (what looks like) the mc fawning over ml... :blobconfused: really want more spoilers on how their relationship develops. And more about mc's real brother and the og fl! Always fun learning about the villainesses lol.

OH and i'd love to know how reid and those other bad influences get punished!!! :blobpitch:

7. MiyuChan16

MiyuChan16 I'm craving some food...

Reading List:
    Link
    PLEASE SOMEONE ADD SOME SPOILER!!:aww::blobsad::blobwoah::blobcry:

8. esmeraldaperez

esmeraldaperez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers? who falls for who first? i hope it isn’t the mc lol.

9. rrchi

rrchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The high priest that MC (Annabel) saved will do the paternity test, many nobles came to the temple to watch the paternity test. When the high priest used divine power on MC for the paternity test... MC meet a white light and hear God voice and he told her to save the world(form black magic), when the white light dissapeared she saw that there wasn't a halo in the marquis which means that they aren't blood related, everyone was shocked (including mc) and mc suddenly looked at Marilyn (Aaron Mom) that was also shocked, and she rushed to the high priest was begged him to do another paternity test with her and mc, saying that her child was born in the same day and same hospital, but the high priest said that he can't bc doing a paternity test bc it requires a lot of God power, then someone (OG heroine) interrupted saying that she is the saint and wants to help mc and Marilyn, Mc accepted her help bc of the novel, and then a light appeared in Mc and she hear the voice of God again and saw that there was a halo in Marilyn, Oscar (Aaron dad), Aaron and others noble were shocked, Annabel tore her dress made by Marilyn and ran away from the temple to take revenge on Reed, Aaron called her sister xD and wanted to follow her but he was supporting Oscar who suddenly fainted

Episode 35. paternity test (5)
    The Duke and Duchess of Wadedros and Ian were seated in the VIP seat close to the stage.
    “From now on, I will hold the retirement ceremony for High Minister Orians Fellow Ferb.”
    It was a tedious process, but there was only one scene that everyone wanted to see.
    While Ian was sitting upright and staring at the stage, people were chattering.
    “Isn’t she is really pretty because she is well decorated? I never knew Miss Annabel could be so pretty.”
    “Clothes are clothes, but their expressions are different. She always frowns, and it’s so nice to see her with that kind of expression.”
    Annabel in a beautiful dress had her face so excited.
    Of course, she was thrilled with the life of a single, wealthy woman ahead of her.
    But everyone who didn't know her circumstances thought she was delighted to be part of the Abedes.
    “Then she wouldn’t even bother to win first place in a swordsmanship contest.”
    “She wouldn't go to the Duke of Wadedross every day. You won't even bother Ian anymore, will she?"
    “There will be no more entanglement with each other, right? Ian would love it.”
    But Ian felt strangely getting worse and worse for her.
    Of course, the most disturbing of all the sounds of conversation around him was the conversation his parents were having.
    “It’s like this in the end. He never wanted to admit it.”
    Leslie(ML mom) muttered with an upset expression on her face.
    “Obviously, seeing things go well with Prince Robert and trying to use it politically.”
    It's been a long time since she talked her political story.
    “I can see it just by looking at it… … Well, what can I do?”
    Braden(ML dad), who was talking with Leslie, frowned.
    “Are you sure Miss Annabelle is doing really well with Prince Robert? It may not be.”
    “Someone who has never had a scandal said that they ate together and went to the opera together.”
    Leslie answered, staring at him.
    “Isn’t that going well?”
    “… … Maybe the prince is thinking of using Miss Annabel too.”
    “Hey, Miss Annabel didn’t even ask me first, but she said that she gave me permission to do paternity right away. Aren't all things going well?"
    In fact, everyone was speculating, thanks to Robert's immediate permission.
    Leslie took another sip and spoke seriously.
    “My dear, when Miss Annabel becomes a noble, won’t she be able to marry Prince Robert too?”
    "texture… … soul?"
    “Of course, there is no law prohibiting a commoner from marrying to the imperial family, but it must have been unprecedented.”
    “No, that… … . Um, Ian?”
    Braden was speechless by his ignorant wife's, and eventually changed the topic by talking to Ian.
    “Relax your hands. The chair handle will break. Why is your expression like that? Not even rotten onions.”
    "All right."
    “… … How can you not have any fun at this moment?”
    Braden took a deep breath.
    “Prince Robert is quite pleasant.”
    All of a sudden, he remembered Annabelle and Robert were having a pleasant conversation at the opera, and Ian's mood hit the floor and he began to dig into the ground.
    “Even if I am a woman, I will meet Prince Robert.”
    "i See. But I don't think Prince Robert would like it.”
    “Are you kidding me?”
    “No.”
    "I thought so. Because it was a little fun. You're not a kid who can make jokes."
    Whether Braden sighed or not, Ian had a very rational attitude.
    I had to meet him this afternoon right away because Robert had a personal request from him.
    At that time, he would have a very difficult time if he did not manage his facial expressions.
    “Ian, come to think of it, do you have an appointment after the ceremony?"
    At that moment, Leslie asked a question, and Ian answered calmly.
    “It’s just a social gathering.”
    “Yeah, you can't go to a social gathering. You just want to keep it a secret.”
    Actually, Ian and Robert's meeting was a secret.
    Because the location of the secret crackdown scheduled for today was dangerous, he had asked Ian for help.
    Ian did not want to make any political moves, but he had a sense of duty as a prosecutor.
    He has been honing his skills with the mindset that he must protect the weak for justice and peace.
    “I think there is an evil force, or black magic, involved. I'm not asking you to support me, but please help me for the sake of this world."
    After listening to Robert's explanation, Ian had promised to help him.
    Just looking at it, it seemed like it could be a pretty dangerous battle.
    At that time, an honorable and competent prosecutor himself had to take the initiative.
    So, even if Robert felt a bit gritty, he couldn't help it.
    Now both of them are going to fight for their lives... … .
    ‘Then why is it difficult to see Robert all of a sudden?’
    Perhaps it was because of his easy heart, which was beating late into the night with just one touch of Annabel's hand.
    'Like the first time I saw him, I feel like I'm crazy... … .'
    Ian's thoughts could not be continued.
    Finally, after all the tedious procedures were over, the High Priest stood in the middle and held the hand of the Marquis of Abedes and Annabel.
    After pouring out all of the high priest's divine power as it is, when a halo shines over their heads, the paternity was confirmed.
    “Come on then.”
    The high priest closed his eyes and said.
    “Gathering together the last divine powers of this old man, let us listen to the words of the most holy god in the world.”
    There was silence in the square.
    The bodies of Annabel and the Marquis of Abedes began to float.
    ***​
    Holding the High Priest's hand and closing his eyes, her vision suddenly brightened and he heard a voice in his head.
    [You are the chosen child.]
    It's going to be a paternity test, but I'm not sure what is the Chosen Child meaning, so I kept silence for now.
    [No, no. This not not referring to the paternity test.]
    Oh, you can read my thoughts.
    I immediately thought politely.
    ‘But then what was the chosen?’
    [You should know. One day, your life completely changed.]
    ‘Are you talking about what I remembered from my previous life?’
    [Yes.]
    I was so startled that I forgot being polite.
    It wasn't just a coincidence that I remembered his past life, but it was God's arrangement?
    [One world is connected to the other by books. And what made me think of your past life... … .]
    I had a very ominous feeling.
    […… Because I want you to save this world.]
    Of course, according to the original, the world was going to be very chaotic.
    But it's still a happy ending...….
    As far as I know, today was the day Ian and the female lead met.
    Tonight, Ian and Robert go on a secret crackdown and attack the scene of black magic.
    And at a perilous moment, he fatefully meets the saint, the female lead, and gets her help.
    It's a world that the main characters will work hard to save anyway, but I couldn't have a sense of duty like that.
    He was a man who are the strongest in the world and she was a woman who is the best, so why do I have to be the insignificant villain?
    ‘Aren’t the male lead and female lead who will save the world anyway?’
    [That is the future that is set in this situation, and with your help, the story will be different.]
    ‘No, can I just change the future like that?’
    [Am I new?]
    Well, then there was nothing to say.
    ‘But do I even need to go out… … .'
    [It's too complicated and too many twists and turns to leave to them. I must have seen the future through books.]
    Of course, there were ups and downs to save the world.
    But there was no reason for me to go through that ups and downs.
    [Above all, the main characters alone cannot completely save the world.]
    'Yes?'
    [It means that the end of the novel that you read is not the end of the world.]
    ‘Isn’t that still a happy ending?’
    [That is only for the next 30 years or so. They can't eliminate all dangers because they can't determine the 'origin of black magic'. It leaves a remorse.]
    ‘What is the origin of black magic?’
    [The evil things that cross the world have come from another world with the help of demons. As a newcomer of this world, I don't know what the hell it is.]
    'uh… … Well.'
    It was a moment where I had no choice but to think about whether I was the ‘evil thing’ from another world.
    [A foreign thing that does not need to exist in this world, that is the ‘origin of black magic’. It's the cause of all the black magic that's going on right now.]
    This content was not in the original.
    It was the first time I had ever heard of ‘the origin of black magic’.
    [It messes things up by touching the dark and destructive desires of humans on non-human subjects.]
    It just meant that it wouldn't be perfect if Ian broke everything and Yeoju took good care of it.
    [Anyway, such 'origins of black magic' survive intact in the story after leading humans to ruin. Then he moves to another world and incites humans again to create tragedy.]
    ‘Well, that’s right.’
    I responded quickly, like a student with no enthusiasm.
    It means that another crisis will come in 30 years, but how can the main characters not be saved at that time? … .
    [They gain an evil power each time they pass through a dimension, causing the possessed human to wield black magic.]
    ‘Ummm.’
    [There are evil things in the stories you read in the world of your previous life. Only you, reincarnated in that world, can recognize and destroy them.]
    ‘Oh oh oh oh… … .'
    That said, the 'origin of black magic' appears in other stories I've read.
    Actually, I didn't get a good sense of it, but I had no intention of grabbing it.
    [Then all black magic disappears on the spot without much sacrifice.]
    ‘Ah, yes.’
    [There are three ‘origin of black magic’ here. That's all I know.]
    ‘Um, three… … .'
    [Don't answer rudely. I'll give you what you really want.]
    ‘Yes.’
    [Please, my chosen child.]
    Again, nothing was free.
    Instead of avoiding the prison ending, it was a sound to save the world more thoroughly and cost-effectively.
    ‘Yeah, what.’
    My vision, which had been bright, began to darken again.
    Instinctively, I felt disconnected from God.
    ‘Anyway, there is a long way to get what you really want, but I’ll just get the inheritance right and wipe my mouth.’
    Rather than saving the world, I was thinking that I wanted to save a house first, but my feet hit the floor again.
    I slowly opened my eyes, wondering if it was finally over.
    ‘The Marquis of Abedes and my head will have a halo by now, right?’
    But… … .
    There was no light in the head of Marquis Abedes, who glanced over the High Priest.
    Episode 36. Paternity (6)
    I can heard people shouting.
    ‘Hey, what is this?’
    The High Priest, who opened his eyes while breathing, also saw that the heads of the Marquis of Abedes and I were very wide, their eyes closed, and they did not say anything.
    We weren't the only ones standing on stage embarrassed.
    Everyone gathered in the square was bewildered.
    Even after blinking his eyes, he couldn't see even a light as small as the tail of a firefly, let alone a halo.
    This… … This meant that me and the Marquis Abedes were not related.
    It was a result that no one in the capital, including us, expected.
    Caitlyn arguably served quite a long time as the mistress of the Marquis of Abedes.
    The Marquis of Abedes would know best that she had not had relations with any other man at the time, and that she was apparently pregnant.
    Seeing that they gave so much money without a single doubt.
    And my lavender hair and blue eyes were like those of the Marquis of Abedes.
    Of course, although the colors are slightly different, they can be mixed with Caitlyn... … .
    “Hey, this is… … .”
    Richard, who was already calculating all the political matters, seemed to panic first.
    Because if it were his personality, he would have already devised a thousand ways to use me.
    “No, no, no way… … .”
    The Marquis Abedes, who was trying to use me to figure out Robert's intentions, panicked a second time.
    Besides, how much money did you give Caitlyn because of me!
    With my existence alone, the Marquis Abedes has been plagued with scandals until now.
    “That, that, that, then… … I… … .”
    And the third person to panic was me, who was suddenly denied my birth and my entire life.
    So, we were trying to take advantage of each other and we were completely smashed in the head by the truth.
    Actually, for me, it was only for the right of inheritance, but now it doesn't matter.
    Because my very existence has become confused.
    “No, how the hell did this happen?”
    The High Priest, who was expecting the harmony of his beautiful wife because of his decision, rubbed his eyes and muttered.
    “Two, two… … are not a relative... … Then... … .”
    I was staring at the audience with blank eyes, and suddenly my eyes met Marilyn.
    According to Aaron, Marilyn said she would see my dress and she took the front seat.
    Suddenly she got up with her trembling tremors.
    Her heart reacted first, and it thumped and fell.
    Two girls born on the same day in a public hospital.
    Coincidentally, the two probably had similar lavender hair.
    My hands also started to tremble at the hypothesis that suddenly crossed my mind.
    All of the Marquis of Abedes had lavender hair and blue eyes.
    And because of me with lavender hair and blue eyes, Caitlyn has become very wealthy.
    The hospital assistant who suddenly quit and left the capital after receiving Marilyn's child.
    Moreover, the source of her enormous wealth was unclear.
    My hair is a little reddish, so it may be a mix of Oscar and Marilyn colors... … .
    The rather dark blue eyes were not the pale blue of the Marquis of Abedes, but rather resembled Oscar.
    "no wonder… … My eyes kept rolling.”
    Marilyn muttered as she breathed in her rough.
    "wonderfully… … I was strangely sorry for the gray clothes that she wore every day... … .”
    Her eyes were already red and bloodshot.
    "just… … I thought it was just because my daughter was born on the same day and in the same hospital... … .”
    And no one could stop her from breaking onto her stage.
    Oscar, who was sitting next to her, collapsed weakly, and Aaron was seen hurriedly supporting him.
    I was far more bewildered than when I suddenly remembered my previous life one day.
    I, I am not the daughter of Caitlyn and the Marquis Abedes.
    She's been living a life in vain, being subtly abused by people she doesn't care about.
    And… … And my biological parents… … .
    “Sir!”
    Marilyn fell on her knees before the high priest.
    “Please, please, do one more paternity test… … .”
    she cried in a shrill voice.
    The square was so quiet as if cold water had been poured on it, so even the sound of her rough breathing echoed.
    “Me, me and Miss Annabel… … . Ah, such a terrible thing... … . Ho, ho, maybe... … Really maybe... … .”
    “Hey, get up now!”
    “I had a baby on the same day in the same public hospital… … .”
    Everything went round as if the world had stopped.
    My heart was beating so hard that it hurt.
    Marilyn's heavy makeup was already stained with tears.
    “If Caitlyn could not get her money from her later writers because her own child died, she replaced her with my child!”
    Of course, it is possible that Marilyn and I were really related, but that was only a hypothesis.
    They can said that Caitlyn might have met another man in secret.
    Or maybe she picked me up from somewhere.
    So, the surest way was to do the paternity test again.
    But the high priest said with a very perplexed face.
    “I, I’m sorry. A paternity prosecutor who directly summons the gods requires a lot of power, so I can't use it for a while."
    Marilyn, was well aware that the paternity test requires great power, nodded her head as if she couldn't help it.
    Then she turned her head straight to me.
    “Miss Annabelle, it’s okay if we don’t do a paternity test.”
    Tears were already streaming down Marilyn's cheeks.
    She spoke so forcefully that even I, under her chin, took a step backwards from her.
    “Be my daughter. Even if is an adopted daughter in the family register is fine. Under various circumstances, Miss Annabel must be my daughter.”
    “ah, calm down.”
    I panicked and got her on her knees, grabbing the hem of her high priest's robe and pulling her up to her knees.
    “Maybe not… … . It’s just a heart attack.”
    "no! Caitlyn and Ranella, these damn guys... … Obviously, the daughter of the Marquis Abedes was born dead, so she exchanged it for my child with lavender hair!”
    As if Marilyn had already lost her mind, she clinged to me this time.
    I was hesitating, not like me, because her hair seemed to be turning white.
    Here, I wanted to say, ‘Yes, I can be Marilyn’s daughter. I will go in as an adopted daughter.’ The words did not come out.
    It's certainly a probable hypothesis, but after this moment, everyone may regret the impulsive decision.
    I didn't want to be awkward with Marilyn, even if I didn't know anyone else. She was the one who promised her sincerity to me, even as she showed me her deep insides.
    Even yesterday, when she looked at me, I heard her desperate feelings that she was always sad by herself.
    That was then.
    A brown-haired woman, who stood without presence among the apprentice saints, approached cautiously and said:
    "I… … Can I do the paternity test?”
    It was a series of shocks.
    This kind saint, who showed her pure goodwill and spirit of sacrifice, was the heroine of her original work <Saint Living the Righteous Life Saving the World>.
    “Ah, let me introduce myself. I am the apprentice Saint Cessanne Relipe.”
    I gazed at her long, drooping pale brown hair and pink eyes.
    She was a good, beautiful, upright woman who I thought she would never run into with me.
    She was Richard's first love and destined to meet Ian this evening, she was reaching out to us.
    "I… … Well, I'm still an apprentice... … So no one knows, but I think my credibility is pretty high. Please believe me.”
    No one else knew, but of course I had to trust her.
    Sessianne was a mistress with the power to save the world.
    She had just entered the temple, so she was an apprentice, and she was the only one who knew the extent of her divine powers.
    It was because no one was interested in the divine power of an apprentice saint who had just arrived.
    However, according to the original, her divine power had already surpassed that of her high priest.
    “The situation… … It's so bad. I want to help.”
    Besides, Cesian was really nice.
    She wasn't the one hiding her own abilities from this tragedy that could have turned her baby in a public hospital.
    "please."
    And I was the kind of person who accepted the favor.
    “I truly believe in the tremendous power of her saint.”
    "Thank you. Even though it may be said that it is nonsense, please believe in me at first sight.”
    It was not easy to believe that the apprentice saint had the skills to test her paternity. Even the people of her temple who lived with her.
    “I am very grateful. Marilyn, come and take her hand.”
    I quickly grabbed Marilyn's hand and pulled her away.
    Now, the people of the temple were all drowsy and could not understand the situation.
    It was very difficult when someone interrupted me by saying, 'I don't know my skills on the topic of apprentice saints, and I'm going somewhere!'
    So, with Marilyn, I held Sesianne's hands again.
    My body swelled up just like before.
    Again, my vision brightened.
    [Look, what did I say?]
    God's voice was heard again.
    [Did you say you'll give me what you really want?]
    In fact, what I really wanted was a bond with my family, but I had already given up on that.
    It's because I'm born, but I've realized that my other blood relatives are also naive.
    But how can such a wish come true in this way?
    [Please, kid. For you and my world.]
    This time, without saying a word, his vision darkened again and his feet touched the ground.
    As I hurriedly opened my eyes, I saw a flashing halo floating above Marilyn's head.

It's the ML lol, when the prince invited mc to the opera, ML was angry for no reason

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Mi shiru, TrinaAngel, gnyaa and 52 others like this.
  10. MiyuChan16

Reading List:
    Link
    Update c37 to c40 please:aww::blobcry::blobpopcorn::blobtorch::blobpitch:

11. MiyuChan16

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil about sweet moments of them
    And their ending too :aww::bloblove::blobbunny:

12. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even tho og fl is the villain, it's still p nice of her to do that second paternity test so mc could be reunited w her real family.

13. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ogFL did not go the villainess route. She got married with MC's brother Aaron, at the end and had a child together.

14. rrchi

rrchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the first origin of black magic is in the slave auction, Anabelle and Aaron went there to find Reed and Aaron get injured by black magic, Anabelle went to get help and meet the og fl, Anabelle remembered the part of the novel that she appeared and joined to ML and the Prince, og fl used the divine power she have left to save aaron, Anabelle request her to join them but she refused bcz she already used all her divine power in the paternity test and saving aaron, aaron and mc meet both prince robert and ian, mc called ml babe bcz ml couldn't hide his disgust to the auction lol, if he put that face they might get discovered, they got separated to find the origins of black magic and Reed, mc and male lead went together and meet a the man that own the slave auction, mc called him handsome, the man guided them to a room and took a mirror(one of the origins of black magic) to find out who is the most handsome in the next moment anabelle broke the mirror the man became crazy, aaron captured reed, (i dont remember the order of this event, sorry) --- a few days later og fl went to mc house and talked about mc blessing, everyone already know that she was blessed by God... on that chapter og fl and aaron already started dating, the prince thanked mc and ml in public, everyone was surprised that anabelle helped, the prince robert gave them a new mission(related to the second origin of black magic and ranella), when mc went to the train she meet Leslie(ml mom), she called his son(ml) to help mc train, ml teach her to do some basic postures, mc imitate the postures perfectly, and shocked everyone including herself bcz she couldn't do it in the past, ppl realized that that was the blessing of the mirror...? bcz she broke the mirror she could imitate the posture easily.

she was the nurse that switched Caitlyn dead child with Marylin(mc mom) baby in the hospital, ranella, marylin and oscar stayed in the same orphanage and has a crush on oscar(mc dad) since she was little, when ranella confessed to oscar he rejected her and told her that he liked marylin, everyone on the orphanage said that ranella was better that marylin bcz she was 'kind' and 'well behaved' but when the left the orphanage everyone became to praise marylin bc the became a disciple of a famous seamstress.

-mc love the food that Oscar(mc dad) cooks xD
    -mc real family are not nobles, they are wealthy commoners.

Sorry for making so many grammar mistakes, NU doesn't let me edit the post TAT

15. Iris_Irine

Iris_Irine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers!

Diaryy likes this.
  16. RimuruT

RimuruT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any mtl site for this work?

LokaLari likes this.
  17. Hynmnstr

Hynmnstr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait who is the ML actually?

18. citrus_sunsun

citrus_sunsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Ian, her rival

19. Julieta16

Julieta16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please give us chapter 37, we are crabing for it, and thank you for your work

20. Nabaxx

Nabaxx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This mean girl wants more spoilers plzz❤️