Discussion If you're a villain, how would you deal with the MC?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bad Storm, Aug 3, 2021.

?

Do you like heroes or villains?

1. Heroes, plot armor ftw

6.8%
  2. Villains, they just cool yanno

28.8%
  3. Mob character living a happy life

30.1%
  4. I want to be either the MC's best friend or someone emotionally important to the villain

12.3%
  5. hungry unopinionated potato

19.2%
  6. others

4.1%
  7. Skullie connoisseur

8.2%
  8. Yes

23.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    p.s. You don't know the whole plot.

Return likes this.
  2. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on my level of resources

3. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, i can't decide on the definite scenario so go ahead, the world is your oyster.

4. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    for me i would like to be the whole reason for the MC to get stronger but also the mean time getting stronger myself... something like a hidden final boss but also shadow that supports the MC

hanaraa and Baldingere like this.
  5. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    So not the typical villain who cannot co-exist with the MC?

Gadget likes this.
  6. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make them trust me and rely on me with all their being

7. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    what if it's a ruthless MC with a "destroy everything" motto?

8. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends, is it one of those trash novels where the MC has to stay alive to defeat the end boss since only the Protagonist can do it? If so then pass.

yugmodnar likes this.
  9. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    In that case, it would depend a lot on my own goals. I don’t care much for power, wealth, or being in control more so than they are tools to an end. In that case, my goal would either be seeking happiness or preventing something seriously bad from happening.

My seeking happiness would probably be in a sneaky way that no one notices what I’m doing, so that wouldn’t work as a means of putting me at odds with the hero. Therefore, it would probably have to be a desperate attempt to prevent something from happening, and I would be going to extreme lengths to stop it.

Now, assuming this hero is the kind that exceeds his limits in her/his quest to help those around him, I would probably do my best to feed said hero. I’d build up her strength to serve as a trump card for the opportunity I get defeated or fail. Whenever said thread does happen, I’d probably take credit for it and make announcements the next one will be even bigger. I’d also probably work the other side by having a mole feed them information about the evil. Since I am working alone, that mole would have to be me. I’d tell them that is I detect energy spikes or a build up of something and that we should mobilize the hero or take some sort of action. Or course, I would be telling them it’s from the evil me, and not the evil I am trying to prevent.

IN the end, I’ll either die to the hero while hopefully telling her the truth or the hero will figure out I’m not the true villain.
    Should the hero figure out the truth, she will join me against the true evil where I will die in battle or survive.

Assuming I survive to the end, I will then be possessed by the evil and go on a rampage across the world and have to be put down for good.

Baldingere likes this.
  10. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess so, think of it something I just want a good fight or something but also not compromising the next generation or the world...

Baldingere likes this.
  11. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    Be a bystander and just watch to see what happens while strengthening your self, your resource, and your own connections/influence

Mr v, PPpupu, hanu and 1 other person like this.
  12. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should be the same? Just that the task is a little bit harder. There must be a soft spot somewhere in their heart that I could touch to gain their trust

13. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I would pretend to be the MC's companion and then kill him in the end after he defeated the final boss. of course, if he was a true MC then he would be reborn into the past and right the wrongs.

DewDropsOnMellons and Baldingere like this.
  14. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I will do everything in my power to get rid of anyone who I notice has the MC's aura or has a back story befitting of an MC. I'd try to do it as anonymously as possible. If I can't go after the MC, I'll go after anyone he loves or any female love interests I spot. Plot armor will be an issue, however I could brainwash his love interests, making them hostile thus defeating them without triggering the plot armor. I just really wanna slaughter all the jade beauties and lolis or love interests, they're the ones I hate most. Same with BL and GL, slaughter the love interest then the MC.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Baldingere likes this.
  15. Xertz

Xertz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as I know who the MC is, (I don't need to know the whole plot) I'd just ignore them or befriend them and live peacefully. Dealing with people who have plot armour as thick as a city wall is bound to be a pain in the ass.

16. Akiraaa

Akiraaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there are many types of villains, like the boss villain or just some cannon fodder who only appears once. Honestly, if I became the cannon fodder I can be the bystander or get closer to Mc for the benefits but not an intimate one cuz danger. But if I'll be the boss type maybe... seduce the MC?? Lol just kidding. I dunno cuz stereotypically boss villain dies in the end and if you know you're gonna die and you can do nothing about it then just do whatever you want.

Baldingere likes this.
  17. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I love it. Reminds me of My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending. I'll be rooting for a happy ending for you and don't forget to write a diary so we can read about your adventures!

18. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    in a story centred around the hero, of course I like the hero
    in a story centred around the villain, of course I like the villain
    there isn't much to say. I don't like a specific role, I just like the main character

also, your poll is asking who do you like more but there an option of wanting to be the hero's best friend :hmm:
    do you mean who would you like to be more?

Baldingere likes this.
  19. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I’m not familiar with that novel

20. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends. If I'm stuck in a cultivation novel with a stallion protagonist in front of me, I would desperately try to get stronger and push my friends and family to get stronger. After all, the protagonist could decide to slaughter the entire sect because I killed/raped one of his waifus and against that kind of madman, explaining that I'm just a library rat who transmigrated wouldn't solve anything. Otherwise, if I didn't do anything to him but he has me as a target because he killed my cousin and I'm the avenger, I would try to get as strong as possible too because that kind of twisted guy would kill my family as a precautionary mesure even if we didn't try to take revenge. I would prepare an underground city for my family to hide at and equip them all with teleportation talismans that go there. I would try to make our presence faint, until the author forgets he even had us as a planned enemy and we just become a small plothole buried in 4000+ chapters. I would try to stop our sect disciples from causing troubles, because what if the protag almost forgot about us and then one stupid disciple refuses to let him eat peacefully in a small tavern somewhere? If I'm the long-standing kind of villain, the ones who are rivals and stronger than him for very long in the novel or if I'm a villain who opposes him once he gets to a higher realm and makes new waifus and enemies, I would quit the higher realm to live peacefully in one of the countless minor realms, until the storm has passed.