Discussion What is a healthy relationship for you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 202210, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Deleted member 202210

Deleted member 202210 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you define a healthy (romantic) relationship?

For me, it is something that is supposed to encourage you to be the best version of yourself. You support each other yet at the same time you strive to be self-efficient.

Too much dependence on the other is no-no for me because it prevents the other to grow as an individual.

I know this is so random, but it's something that I can only post here. :)

2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, it's good for both sides to maintain a degree of independence while still evenly splitting the work! (or at least, even if it's not equal, both sides should be happy).

I think it's healthy as long as both sides are happy...?

3. InstantCoffee

InstantCoffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I can't comment on this topic since I've never had a healthy romantic relationship (now that I think of It I never had a romantic relationship) But all I can say from the past few years of watching people's relationship failures I think communication is the best way to go with things

4. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Independence is nice. Still having someone you know you can lean on is also nice. Both sides doing what they can to better themselves while also having their weaknesses covered by their partner.

5. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, no respect for the Eternal Virgin Sect.

6. Aniv2008

Aniv2008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy… I have to be happy. There has to be mutual trust and respect.

7. Qing12

Qing12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Patience and trust. I think it's very important in a healthy relationship. Most of people ruin their relationship in a fit of rage and lack of trust. You should have patience to hear other party's situation and opinions.

Obsession is no no. Relationships become toxic when there's obsession.

8. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A relationship where your mental and physical wellbeing is not significantly worse than it was when you were single?

I don't think any relationship will be happy all the time.

Sooner or later anyone will grate your nerves... and then it's mostly about stubborn possessiveness as you want to keep that person yours regardless.

After all, if you give up, it will eventually end, and you will lose that person for good.

So yeah, in my opinion, if you go for a relationship, better be sure you want to stick with it.

And vice versa, if you don't start a relationship, better be ready to lose that person from your life at a drop of a hat... and be fine with it.

9. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I found some meme about relationships many years ago, here is the content I remembered:

Marriage is like a workshop, Papa work mama shop

Smart man + smart woman = romantic
    Smart man + stupid woman = affair
    Stupid man + smart woman = marriage
    Stupid man + stupid woman = pregnancy

10. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, you are not the only one who has no experience. Hehe...

Haha~ I don't even have experience myself. Sorry

I can't deal with obsession too, we still have to have our own space.

InstantCoffee likes this.
  11. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    based on mutual trust and hard work. if you want a long relationship you both need to work hard on the relation and trust to each other

12. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    How accurate!

13. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Starting a romantic relationship is the same as starting a small company, for it to be healthy it is all up to decision making, if we are to look at the two people involved as individuals (having their freedom and groing more as individuals and such) although it sounds good but it is just like putting two bosses over the same company, both have equal "powers" over the company, this will lead to chaos sooner or later and the company will collapse no matter how long and how much the two bosses try to mind the decisions of each other, but as long as they both have the same power and both have their own views then at some point the company will be no more and so what started as a healthy relationship is now broken and the couple in question might even become enemies XD
    That is why there only need to be one boss meaning one person to be the main decision maker in the relationship for it to be healthy and last, of course depending on how much serious the couple in question are about the relationship, if it is something like just a phase then no need to think about them as a couple, let them just enjoy the company of each other when they meet and when they are not they are just acquaintances, it is not a healthy romantic relationship but it is romantic temporary bond and is comfortable for the both of them till someone better appears and they break up or maybe share a life and divorce, either way, that kind of bond usually doesn't last, just causes too much drama and is a good way to throw people's lives into somesort of chaos but is definitely the way to go if we are talking about writing a romance focused story XD

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2021
    Qing12 and Deleted member 202210 like this.
  14. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i still believe that romance is real, and there different ways to make the "company" prosper XD. Even bosses ask for their subjects point of views or opinions....

But we do have different views in this. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2021
    Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  15. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    When both of you can pull their own weights and can combine each other outputs to reach better heights or achieve better life quality.

Deleted member 202210 likes this.
  16. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

17. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A well-oiled social contract in which the interests of both parties are respected. Simple and concise.

Spending your time trying to help someone become a better person gets old pretty fast. These relationships usually don't work long-term.

18. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Asking for opinion yes but the boss still got the final say XD
    And not really, we share the same view, at least partially, you like to grasp into the hope or believe in the slight chance that such relationship will last and is real, but here is where we differ, you are aiming for the small chance of cases when such relationship do actually work (the exceptions so to say) but that it usually rare (not the norm) while I am just speaking about what actually is the most probable to happen XD

19. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    Mr Popo, can I perhaps ask you for some advice in the future?

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  20. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    If it is something I know or got the answer to then gladly