Recommendations Drop here the worst novel you ever read

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by chocolatecompimenta, Aug 4, 2021.

1. chocolatecompimenta

chocolatecompimenta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you ever read something that you know that is trully a tr*sh, but for some reason you keep until the end and regret that decision?
    You goes "Ugh, what a piece of s***, why the hell did i read this until here?" but you see a new chapter and clicks, only to regret again.
    I want know this. The worst novel you ever read, but read it until the end yet.
    I usually dont read BL, but you can recommend it anyway
    Thanks

2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't do that, if I don't like it I won't finish it, I just drop it

3. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    I drop shitty novels instantly, so I've never read one until the end, but my brother read Peerless Martial God till the very end and he sure as hell regrets it.

4. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I once read a Yaoi novel without knowing it was Yaoi. it doesn't get any worse than that I read it for 60 chapters because there was no hint of it being Yaoi until chapter 60 where the main character starts kissing his friend in the car.

The reason I picked it up was because the novel was about competitive gaming and they were making a team and recruiting members and these two character seem to be described as best friends and then on chapter 60 you know why. BLEH BLEH BLEH!!!

Miercing likes this.
  5. StarPhia

StarPhia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Smile From The Villain was just terrible (it's a BL, but the MCs have no chemistry and don't really like each other at all so you kinda forget about it). It gets bad at the end, you think it's going to be a great novel and then it takes a turn for the worst. Honestly it was just awful.

6. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfect Secret Love, it was terrible

7. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    This: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/potatoes-are-the-only-thing-thats-needed-in-this-world/ . I hate it so much.

Brocons can all go off themselves.

9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I remember instadropping PMG back when it's translation started like 6+ years ago, but recently I gave it an actual shot and it's not too bad imho.

Like for being a trashy fastfood novel it's not bad, 700+ chapters in and at least MC hasn't done something that would give me the urge to blow my brains out—unlike in ATG, MGA, etc.

Well actually there was a really shitty moment around 700s (and another back in 100~200s when MC's sect is destroyed, oh and I doubt anyone care about PMG spoilers lol) which is why I've not read much further past 700s.

Anyway, for me the worst novel I've kept reading even though I should've stopped would be ATG (though I haven't finished it, and afaik it's even still ongoing).

The thing with ATG is that while it's a generic crapxia novel, it was pretty funny, has some great moments, and it was also one of the earliest translated ones so the scene wasn't as saturated at the time either.

And in all honesty I don't even think the novel was bad, at least not for the first say 300 chapters. ATG was even the first novel that got me into Machine Translating (with glossary) just because I liked it a lot and wanted to read ahead.

I was keeping up with the raws until Blue Wind Country (or whatever MC's country was called again)'s King got killed by the Phoenix Empire, that was the first major turn off for me. MC's family and friends dying just doesn't fit for such a clear wish-fulfillment novel like ATG.

It really sucked at the time because I was eagerly awaiting for Yun Che to return and finally reunite with his wife & child (oh boy I didn't know it would take over 1k chapters for that to happen at the time...) and instead MC's father in law gets killed...

So I ended up dropping the novel, but I'd keep tabs on it to know when MC reunite with Little Fairy (first wife) and his daughter.

Ofc since that never happened for over a thousand chapters I didn't read ATG for many years, I think at least 4, maybe 5.

But then it eventually happened and for some godforsaken reason I actually started reading ATG again from 500ish mark until 1300 where I just could not physically take reading the trainwreck that's ATG anymore (oh and btw I didn't even reach the point where MC reunites with his family...)

At that point I had already pushed on despite how shit ATG was the entire time ever since Yun Che got to the God Realms just to get to the point where Little Fairy appears, but it was a huge mistake.

Just like PMG, imo ATG had some redeeming qualities, most notably the whacky parts, the trashtalk, comebacks, hype moments etc. but over time every single part that was of any value was lost. By 1300 the up till then only still redeemable part was Yun Che's staunch personality that never gives up or falters, that too was removed...

Honestly I think Mars Gravity has to be some kind of sadist that intentionally torture his readers or something because I can't understand how else he could manage to make it so awful...

10. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    My lists were pretty similar so I will just +1 this

12. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you said it, 'it's not bad for a trashy fastfood novel', and the issue was that he was actually expecting more. And the main gripe he had about it was the extremely underwhelming and shitty ending it had, according to him.

13. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    The Sword and the Shadow

The novel itself is not that bad but the ending really makes you want to kill the author. Mc is portrayed kinda pathetic and more so at the end

14. elliejoy123

elliejoy123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can never finish a novel I don't like lol i dont get how people would find the novel they're reading to be absolute trash but still finish reading 1k chapters of it.. id stay for 30 chaps max but thats my limit :blobmelt:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Astaroth likes this.
  15. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC was a bitchass whiner the whole time. Dropped that shit when he thought that other girl didn't care about the rest of the teammates.

16. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    Came here to say this one lol. Went into it going 'it can't possibly be as bad as they say'. It was. It was. My brain winces at the memory.

Irisia likes this.
  17. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    You dare insult the holy scripture.

Its a masterpiece written by a talent seen only once in 10,000 years.

18. nazmulm

nazmulm The Lord of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    MGA
    Its been the only novel to really break my friend, who unlike me that tends to drop trash the moment it pisses me off, managed to get up to date with all the other notable trash like ATG, PMG, TMW (it was a sad when I finally dropped this one seeing as how glued I was when it first started), TDG etc.
    Poor guy got up to 4k chapters before it finally took him

19. longuni.ent

longuni.ent Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Irisia

Irisia Moon bunny at your service

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it is indeed a masterpiece in it's own way. Probably no other novel in this world has as many readers who came to read it just to see if it's not really as bad as they say... And it is as bad.