Discussion What is a healthy relationship for you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 202210, Aug 4, 2021.

1. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    A no conflict and sweet romance novel is what I consider a healthy relationship irl. A dramatic, lots of conflict, enemies to lovers novel is what I consider a toxic relationship irl.

Deleted member 202210 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 202210

Deleted member 202210 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you everyone, I had fun reading all of your answers.

3. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure XD

4. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, honestly I am having trouble replying to the messages, it keeps the old replies and when I post it it becomes a mess, i have to edit multiple of times~ T.T

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2021
  5. InstantCoffee

InstantCoffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Mutual trust and mutual love and loyalty to one another. Have each other's back but know when to give space. Someone you're comfortable sharing all your secrets with and they are too. Someone that makes you smile and happy and vice versa.

mir and Deleted member 202210 like this.
  7. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I just think you have to view each other as equals. This might be a bit harsh but ending up with someone just because of your feelings is never a good choice. You have to consider each other's financial, emotional and physical state. Assume the worst would happen between you two, would you still want to be with them? If yes then that's a green light. If you're merely deciding on impulse or if the other party is that's a major red light telling you that either of you isn't ready for a relationship yet. A lot have been trying to rush things when it's perfectly alright to take things on your own pace. There's always gonna be a right person at the right time.

8. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    I have posted it before, (please allow me to repeat it, LOL) but I have no experience in romantic relationships. XD
    So my view about it is quite limited.
    Reading your perspectives and opinions are really helpful and informative. Thank you!~ :blobicecreamlove:

9. Raj121

Raj121 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A healthy relationship is no relationship at all!

Damn this is OP

10. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

11. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you give an example of what you mean by "the worst" ? Because I keep thinking of crazy things like 'attempted to murder me' and that would rule absolutely everyone out for the "would you still want to be with them?" question.

12. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmaoo what I had in mind was something like what if they get critically ill or what I'd there habits or way of living isn't in your norm or sumn like that. Though at the first place if they attempt to kill you the real question is why and how did you even end up with someone like that lol. So the worst isn't that bad but at the same time crucial for your daily life when you start decide to live in together.

Deleted member 202210 and mir like this.
  13. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    FYI you can't have a relationship without 100% no conflict or arguments. A lot of people imagine relationships as perfect, sunshine and rainbows, easy-going, Lala~ holding hands prancing through meadows. There are GONNA be arguments, fights, and some mean words thrown. If you've never had an argument, keep doing what you're doing! (Or maybe you're both actually doing bad, and not communicating...)

Communication.
    It is a big thing. Not that fights are GOOD but...I can't imagine having a relationship and not having some bumps in the road. You have to communicate your feelings, likes, dislikes, and what you want to happen with your partner. They're not telepathic (to my knowledge) so speak. Sit down and talk. You learn something new about each other every day.

Trust.
    Trust is also a really big thing. Especially with those of you who are easily jealous ( =_=) Have some trust in your partner, and be happy for them when they're doing something they love.

Intimacy.
    Just being exposed and open with each other. You can't have a relationship and keep things from each other, constantly lie, or expect everything to be cushy. You have to be ready to be exposed when in a relationship, and understand that you both have your strengths, weaknesses, insecurities, and personal problems. But sometimes you can be open, and help each other with some issues. :]

Genuinity/honesty.
    Imagine being told 'I love you' for 6 months and they didn't mean it...anyway.
    You gotta be honest and genuine about things. If your relationship is built on lies, it's for sure going to topple down, especially if you're lying about big things that will seriously affect the relationship. That's just building a path for a big hot mess.

I'm not an expert but I think I have some really good points here.

And kind of a preference, someone who has humour/can take jokes and knows when/when NOT to be mature/childish.
    I wouldn't want to date someone who doesn't have humour/has the personality of a wall, or someone who is too outlandish and out of control.

Deleted member 202210 and mir like this.