This Is Just Ridiculous

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link

You have comments attacking the reporter and other promoting this subculture as some treatment for depression and suicidal thoughts.
    I wonder if they bothered to watch the video. It is titled " The Dark Side..."

I didn't know saying you want to kill someone and wearing clothes that you should kill yourself had become some panacea for mental health. Sadly, the people on the comment are not aware that they are promoting the stigma against mental health treatment.
    "Why go see a medical professional when you can just wear these emo clothes and get better?"

@otaku31 @Triphily

PS One of the ladies in the video is active on social media and is very open about their suicidal thoughts. You had a comment sounding the alarm that the person has been uncharacteristically inactive on social media. So much for their miracle cure

2. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    When it comes to this kind of topic...
    I always think people says the equivalent of Dark Souls' "Git Gud" which is "Deal with it."

Liola, Ishmael, MinUp and 1 other person like this.
  3. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Git gud scrub.

I still don't get suicidal thoughts but I'm probably still too young to understand or something. I've always thought that in other countries where its somewhat easier to sustain your livelihood, people tend to think about other useless things and be more sensitive whereas in countries with poorer conditions and economical statuses, people just focus on getting a job and don't really think about suicide as it seems foolish. You gotta at least provide for your family.

Still, I don't have a mature view yet so I can't make a cohesive argument and conclusion.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Ishmael and UndyingSLIME10295 like this.
  4. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    It is as you say it's quite baffling that people would think that donning a type of clothing would cure ones mental illness completely the only one function I can think of that it could serve as, is to be a sign or an indication of needing help. Mental health is a complicated field of study and there a lot of things that we yet do not know or are yet to uncover so we should be careful of what we say or it could lead to unknown or tragic consequences