Discussion Fate/stay night(Heaven's Feel) sub vs dub

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Jojo775, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    For an avid Fate fanfiction reader I haven't actually watched that much Fate series, I think just the initial ~24 eps. Anyway I was watching AMVs and ofc Fate has some of the coolest ones, checks out Archer's UBW aria and WTF, that broken English is so cringe!

So I see Alter Saber vs Rider is the top rated fight, ok I'm gonna finally watch Heaven's Feel.
    Why not dub then, at least no one will have cringe English like Archer, hopefully it's not a bad dub...

And there we go, I can't stand Sakura's fake voice. Couldn't they hired an actual teenager instead of an adult woman pitching her voice and trying to sound meek while failing utterly?

I basically don't watch anime anymore but I do remember this is a problem with the dubs, that fake pitched meek voice pisses me off, I was hoping it'd be a great dub like DBZ, Code Geass, Death Note...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    MHA has good dubs. Gundam 00 and gundams from UC timeline has great dubs, basically gundam don't have bad dubs, its all normal to great. Ghost stories has awesome dubs. Fullmetal alchemists, cowboy bebob, getbackers, etc.

Jojo775 likes this.
  3. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is some dbz dubs to improve your mood XD

Jojo775 likes this.
  4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    The most recent dubbed anime I watch was the great pretender ans the dubbing was good. The first half of ep 1 sounds weird, but that's just a gimmick even in subbed

5. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't really seen many dubbed animes, but I personally believe the best dub would be bleach. Amazing voice casting, and they surprisingly didnt butcher the Japanese names and techniques. Close second would be Naruto and FMA(not surprising considering they have English names), and finally close third would be blood+, Eureka 7 etc. I don't remember much about trigun or inuyasha, but I think they were good enough.

As a matter of fact, I was unable digest the Japanese version of DBZ after watching the dubbed version. Goku's high pitched girly voice just gave me the chills. The same goes for one piece, except I hated everything about the anime, even though I loved the manga.

6. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't really tried Naruto or Bleach dubbed but I think they tried too hard, everyone sounded like Batman?
    Goku JP was voice acted by a woman as far as I know, Frieza, Goten, kid Trunks, Gohan in English dub as well.
    After watching Speedy I see nothing wrong with Big Green :ROFLMAO: btw what's the point of multiple dubs?

7. joary_

joary_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this about the Japanese or English VA?
    Looking at the Presage Flower English Dub Trailer, I have to say, I feel more concerned about Mela Lee as Rin and Crispin Freeman's portrayal of Kirei than Cristina Vee as Sakura. I loved Kirei's voice in Project Mouthwash's UBW abridged, and Crispin's portrayal of Kirei in the Presage Flower trailer just doesn't do it for me the same way UBWA did.
    I enjoyed the UBW dub, and the voice actors don't seem to have changed
    The guy who voiced Itachi (barring the flashback in episode 29-30 that had Skip Strellecht) is the same guy that voiced Kirei

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021