Recommendations Picky and looking for xianxia

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Kizo, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Kizo

Kizo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I'm low-key allergic to a lot of the usual tropes: translocation/isekai, harem, face slapping (why is this so common, anyway?). I really enjoy dark fantasy, noir, mystery, thriller and character-driven novels. Does anyone have any cultivation books that continuously feed you little mysteries and questions that can only be answered by continuing to read? Recommendations don't have to include all of those, even just one is good enough for me.

I'm fine with most other themes like romance, BL, GL, horror, even occasional smut. I love prose but it doesn't have to be very deep prose, just pretty and well-translated.

2. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    xianxia with no faceslapping? Might as well order a cheeseburger with no cheese :blobsmirk:
    Anyways, you might enjoy Ze Tian Ji. Doesn't really have much faceslapping and it's def a character driven novel with mysteries you uncover as the story progresses.

3. jinstan98

jinstan98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the untamed (The Founder of Diabolism) or heaven official's blessing, they're both bl though and by the same author

4. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Kizo

Kizo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read and watched both - really enjoyed them! Heaven Official's Blessing especially.

Gonna look into the other users recs though.

6. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Kizo

Kizo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Joy of Life is also a transmigration harem so I'll pass on that one but I'm enjoying Nightfall so far.

Where should I read Ze Tian Ji? It seems novelupdates doesn't have it in full.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021