Discussion What would you do if you were immortal?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Hamster Overlord, Aug 6, 2021.

1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine this: you are immortal. You don't get to choose it and there's no way for you to "die" (like stopping thinking completely and turning into a vegetable for the rest of time or wiping your memories out, effectively turning you into another person or sleeping for a time longer than a thousand Earth years with at least a hundred years in between two long sleep cycles where you can't sleep longer than 8 hours an Earth day). You also get a cheat in the form of having infinite memory (as you forgetting things due to the limited capacity of a human brain would be boring) and you don't age and you can't get permanently ill or injured no matter how severe the illness or injury is.
    Other than that, you are on Earth and everything else is also the same as before. Nobody else is immortal or can become immortal. Time is infinite (the Universe never dies and dead Galaxies get replaced, though it goes against the current scientific theory) there are no other Universes.
    It's not a thread about how terrible being immortal would be, so leave out such answers please.
    Now, what would you do?

Cutter Masterson and imK like this.
  2. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Start researching how to get off this rock no dimension cause sooner or later the sun will explode or worst a black hole.Even if the universe is eternal, the sun won't.Even if the sun won't, staying on Earth would be boring.

But in the meantime , the side quest would be ensure ones safety cause once they found about immortality they will kidnap said immortal. In other words make money and influence. which also contirbute to the main goal.

Money making involve learn professional photography or video and record events. Stockpile on collector items, coins, money bill, etc. Have investment account that accumulate interest over time . Buy gold and silver and valuable metals. Wait till they give maximum profit.

Invest in real estate. Make sure property is stable and not in danger due to tectonic shift or something.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  3. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing, that sounds like the best condition to enjoy life, read and watch as much as I want unless the universe ends then that would be bad, well, guess it will be also a chance to see if black holes can actually lead to other worlds or not XD

Saorihirai likes this.
  4. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just gonna chill and do everything I like. I can go to space too and enjoy some time up there or go in the deepest depths of the oceans. Read infinite amount of manga and books, and just live a happy life. I for one, don't care if everyone around me dies one by one. That's just life for them. Just imagine how fun it would be living through all the periods of history and being invincible to death.

The only issue is that you have to hide your ability or you'll get abducted by the government.

5. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even know is that can even call as living. One thing I am sure will happen to me is that I will be crazy and living alone. Might go to other planet

6. KHA2

KHA2 wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    everything.

7. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Look after my family and close friend's descendants and keep a low-key profile.
    Learn everything I want to.
    Try to make a cleaner, healthier world.

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  8. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Ill make a household/organization that will become my base of operation or mostly for financial purposes but only the head will get to know me really, then just do some research and invent stuff and train myself really... Do some stupid stuff here and there..

well it also depends what era i was born too really

9. Deleted member 202210

Deleted member 202210 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    eat, sleep, bathe... repeat.

EDIT: it would be nice to appear randomly to give advice to strangers using my "infinite memory/knowledge"

seemanta likes this.
  10. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering my life is just hobbies and dailies, it would be remain like that. Hobbies could come and go so it's only a matter of what would be my current interest.

11. anotherAniket

anotherAniket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should I be a magician who performs death defying acts? Or Should I lay low for the rest of my life? Fk. Won't that be forever?

I should earn lots of money. Robbing banks? No, I shouldn't be a criminal right off the bat. I should use my powers to my benefit in a non-criminal way. Army? Nah. UFC champion baby. Wait, can I even gain muscles on this body? Or will I forever be a couch potato?

Will I feel pain? If one of my organs was removed suppose a kidney, will a new kidney be automatically formed in its place? Do I have an unlimited blood supply? Can I donate them? Where can I find a black market for that?

12. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Chill for a while, ammase money. Get a great pc and super Internet, play every game on steam and watch every YouTube video.

13. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    I would try to get rich lmaoo and then whale on games.:sweating_profusely:

14. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yee
    Yes, but it might take a while
    Yes, but it, against will take a while to regenerate blood. You're not a faucet.
    Yes

15. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
    Avoid working from soulless corporate entities.

Baldingere likes this.
  16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    And after humanity is extinct?
    And after you've watched it all?

17. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if humanity goes extinct, there can be still AI. (Presuming humanity goes extinct in the far far future) Also can enjoy the stuff written long ago by reading it again, which I love. I'll just chill on Earth you know? Run along empty plains of grass, eat when I want, sleep when I want, etc etc. And I would have preserved a lot of stuff. Plus with me being that old, I'll have an abundance of knowledge to cook what I want or wtv.

18. Archisus

Archisus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will learn to cook and then move to the countryside to enjoy daily life in some village till humanity go extinct. After humanity goes extinct, it would be quite interesting to wander the ruins of old cities. A new civilization will start after a few million years (if the earth is not destroyed). It would be pretty entertaining to see a civilization develop from scratch. After a few thousand years that civilization should be as advance as present day and will eventually go extinct again at some point in time. This cycle will repeat for few times until the earth is destroyed, After the earth is destroyed, I will wander space. Since I have an immortal body, I don't need to worry about radiation. I can freely wander space with just a push of rock since space does not have fiction I can move infinitely by just throwing rocks. With an immortal body, I can even go inside the black hole :blobowoevil: Space is big, after a few billion years I will probably find another planet with life.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    IceLight303 likes this.
  19. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting question.
    I guess the toughest part is keeping me entertained. I guess I would pull what all immortals do. Explore new things food, trades and women. Just to name a few. Start researching subjects that interest me. For instance maybe learn every martial arts out there and maybe figure out Ki or chi. Maybe figure out real magic. Maybe take up a scientific pursuit like anti gravity. But more than likely I’ll out live everyone and everything. Than start to go crazy and start talking to volleyballs with a face. Lol

imK likes this.
  20. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Read every book on earth.

Every piece of literature

seemanta and Archisus like this.