Discussion Someone you dislike liking something you like

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Aug 6, 2021.

?

Life is not daijoubu

1. Indeed

50.0%
  2. Is that so?

18.8%
  3. Blasphemy!

12.5%
  4. *noms chocolate chip skullie*

40.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes, very very rarely, I feel displeased when someone I really dislike like something I really like. :blobupset:

When I dislike someone, I feel plain displeasure at their very existence. I try to avoid them as humanly possible. No talking, no thinking, no overlap of anything whatsoever as much as I can. But when I dislike someone, I'm also the type who would try to convince myself that I shouldn't dislike someone for unreasonable reasons. This urge to rationalize the dislike would more often than not make the dislike grow because I would find more and more unreasonable reasons to dislike that said someone.

But there's a catch, when i like someone or something, I like it with the same passion, the same level. Almost to a point of obsession at times. Totally a worshipping type, stormy is. So when someone I dislike like something I like... it feels like a neon rainbow blob got stuck on mona lisa's non-existent eyebrows. It looks absolutely eye-catching. I can't get rid of the thought that someone graffiti the fuck out of a simple masterpiece sitting peacefully in a nice and cozy gallery.

Aight, I may have exaggerated a lot but yah it bothers me sometimes when someone I dislike like the same thing as I do :blobrofl:

mir, Cutter Masterson, Lissi and 6 others like this.
  2. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate my brother for bothering the hell out of me and my little sister and his nutjob religious dumb radiomicrowave bullshit thoughts. :blobpopcorn_two:

3. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind me, I'm here to mine some nuffies:blobpeek:

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  4. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    family is pain.

more nuffies at novel general. Go play blackjack!

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  5. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    I never actually have this type of feeling before. But I dont really like it when people hype a certain story. Examples:

The fault in our star? Didnt watch it
    Demon Slayer? Didnt watch it as well due to people hype (I did read the manga before the anime released)
    Attack on Titan? Watch 1st season and the moment it become hype, I stopped.

I dont know why..

mir, SquadCammander354 and LK like this.
  6. LK

LK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have disliked stuff that I previously really liked all because my older sister liked it.

SquadCammander354 and seemanta like this.
  7. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    this happens to me as well, still haven't watched jjk and aot because of the same reason. Though for aot, I have watched it till 3rd season, it mostly got hyped on the 4th one.
    more

mir, SquadCammander354 and seemanta like this.
  8. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    I absolutely hate it. I feel like someone just violated my feelings. It makes me so angry and disgusted that I almost want to cry. Blasphemy is the perfect word for it. But it only happens when the person involved is someone I've disliked for a long time and it's beyond redemption. Otherwise I try to think that person as someone who might be better than what I've thought before.

9. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure if I’ve ever felt that before. Younger me might have made it a point to just be better at it than said person though

10. Deleted member 202210

Deleted member 202210 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I dislike my brother sometimes, but it annoys me more to think that what I dislike about him is something found in myself as well.
    Just about silly things. We think the same. So when he manifests those behaviours similar to mine, I get really annoyed. XD

11. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I do know that feeling of dislike, yes. The people I dislike however have done nothing to me. I just hate them because of their beliefs. Aside from that, they're fine people.

12. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, plus I'm very petty so..

13. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same, I hate when people hype up stuff too much or it becomes mainstream specifically in the western community. Why? Because it's a cringe fest. It took a long time for me to fully enjoy and read Naruto because people (13 year old weebs lol) made it spiritually painful to read Naruto. Like why can't you just enjoy a piece of fiction without...ugh

14. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone I dislike likes something I do... well if my like for that something outweighs my dislike for that someone, it's fine. If not... I'll no longer like it >.<;;

15. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Your feelings are normal, but also valid. I too feel that way a time or two. So yeah. Nothing stranger than RL

16. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that feeling big time...

~ rant ~
    There was this super annoying girl who was in my choir class in middle school. The teacher had a rule, NO one gets on the piano, especially without asking. I took piano lessons from my nana, and from him after school. I still had to ask, but usually, he'd let me play during free time/end of classes.

She would CONSTANTLY be on my back about "My turn my turn my turn my turn", "Can I play can I play can I play can I play", "You suck you suck you suck you suck", "Can you do chopsticks can you do chopsticks can you do chopsticks", and probably the most annoying was when we would sit on the bench next to me and forcefully scooch into me, pushing me to the edge of the seat. She'd also randomly hit notes when I was playing. It was really annoying, but most the time, I just did my best to ignore her.
    (She couldn't even play, which annoyed me more, and I actually thought'd I'd teach her when we first met, but she was rude and honestly really a bully so that thought went out the window).

Usually, I didn't even play what I wanted to play, but practised pieces the teacher taught me or played warm-up songs for the class. So when she'd run by and play random notes, it'd piss the entire class off not just me.

---

One time, we had a substitute.
    When I walked into the class, I was not very surprised to see her at the bench, chicken-poking the keys and hitting notes so hard, I'm sure some broke after that.
    I told her to move, so I could play the warm-up songs for the class, and she straight up told me to Eff off.
    She already gets on my nerves, to the point where seeing her stupid little face just made me irked, so her cursing at me was like a turning point for more anger to arrive.

I sat on the bench, scooching her to the side like she had been doing to me, and shut the fallboard. I then crossed my arms and laid on it. She started getting pissed and upset and telling me to move.
    By the time the substitute arrived, we were told to go back to our seats. I explained I played the warm-ups for the class, and she was hesitant about it. Some of the students chimed in and confirmed it, and that really helped out. But then the annoying girl said she did too, and immediacy I said, no she doesn't.

This moment in time still makes me so upset, even though it was in the past, cause after I said that she started 'crying', and it made me want to punch her in the face. You're 14. You can't even play. You're obnoxious. You broke the keys. You're rude. You're in my space. You broke rules.

Sod off, you spoiled greasy salt packet.

I also hate when someone I despise hates something I like, just to openly spite me, but when asked/in a crowd, they say they like it for brownie points or whatever.

TL/DR
    People are annoying.

LK, SquadCammander354 and Bad Storm like this.
  17. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s a psychology term for that but I can’t remember it rn

18. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So, if you dislike someone, you see them as the source of all evil and they should never cross paths with you in any shape way or form, as if you two are some kind of mortal enemies but under some sort of virtual treaty that dictates that you and them shouldn't come to an agreement concerning anything, and if they like what you like then that is akin to impeachment of the non existant treaty between you two :hmm:
    That sounds tough and unnecessarily complicated XD

19. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that's interesting. I hope you remember it someday haha
    If you ask me, you made it sound more complicated.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  20. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't make more complicated, it was complicated the moment you described it XD

Bad Storm likes this.