Spoiler I Only Came To Find My Dad

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Alexaisweird

Alexaisweird Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

I agree with you.

2. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lemme know if her father gonna marry another woman...if it happens....i won't read it....
    Even her stepmom is a great good woman...i dont think its justice for Leah...
    No matter what beacause of her father's irresponsible behaviour...her mother suffered

3. irish_04xoxo

irish_04xoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same as me. I'm so frustrated right now. And hoping to forget that i give a glance on this manhwa. The art is good but story wise, it's not for me.

4. Trinitytiger

Trinitytiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So piecing together the spoilers given here and the manhwa raws, the father was essentially tricked by his brother, the psycho groomer, into thinking the mother of his unknown child was doing just dandy without him? The groomer intercepted all communication between the two to twist the narrative into his favor so the real father would never find out he has a daughter and that the mother was actually trying to reconnect sooner rather than later?

Wow, I hope the groomer suffers horribly for everything. Stalked a woman, kidnapped a child to make his bride, all while lying to his brother who is the child's father. Just trash.

5. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm waiting to see what exactly happened between the dad and the uncle. I'm hoping that he was led to believe that MC's mom wanted nothing to do with him anymore which isn't very far fetched considering that he didn't even know he had a daughter. If he truly thought about her mom as his lover (while being married no less) and just didn't even bother to check on her then i'll concede that he is a trash person.

6. Hochim

Hochim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh wow, I don't know how I should feel about the father but it's more leaning on the "he's a fcking trash" side .. imma stick for a while and see how this story unfolds.

But in the first timeline tho, why didn't the father even tried to visit Leah? like it's been years and I think his duchy is stable but he never even tried to visit Leah?

7. Aestheronyxx

Aestheronyxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.. let us not beat around the bush. Who's the ML? HE HE HE BOI (ihopethisisnotanotherhalfsiblinglovetroupe)
    Can anyone spoil me about the biological father son(?) Or is it the Duchess son(?)

Tbh i hate the priest but, since he help the MC escape i just,, nah

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    BananaChi and tisifone21 like this.
  8. Fostofina

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait does the priest do smth later on? So far he's been such a sweet old man who keeps taking care of MC. :sweating_profusely:

9. lyann

lyann Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He will hand over MC to trashy uncle :blobhero::blobtriumph::blobcat_hyper::blobcat_knife::blobcurse:

BananaChi and Fostofina like this.
  10. Fostofina

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my goodness he does it again??? screw this dude :blobdevil: You'd think he learned from what happened the first time the uncle took her. I only excused him then because he did my know that uncle ben was mega creepy and because he was remorseful before :blobcat_hyper:

Creolenerd likes this.
  11. Fallon Ashryver

Fallon Ashryver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know I couldn't help but think this would be a whooooole lot better of a story if the kid resented her father for what happened to her and her mom...And the plot progresses on how he's gonna make up for the awful job he did (or in this case, didn't do) as a father. It would be like those daddy-daughter isekai manhwas, but instead of the child winning over a tyrant father or something, the dad wins over the child for a change. Just saying...

Like srsly, my heart hurts and am utterly frustrated for the emotional tragedy(not to mention death) of this child, without her getting any form of justice she deserves. According the spoilers so far, I am not satisfied with the father-daughter reunion. It irks me somehow. The tragic build-up was there but there was no turning point...or if there was, it's meh.

I'm still gonna give this a chance though. Just to see if the uncle gets what he deserves. Because ugh, her dad is an f-ng duke and the creepy uncle is just a lord of a small town, if I'm not mistaken. Like come on Daaaaad, such a disappointment!!!

12. Nilfiem

Nilfiem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want him to get married even though her stepmom is a good person like c'mon mannnn just give some justice for leah!!!

13. Lumella14

Lumella14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Issokay. The Priest will redeem himself by escaping with MC to go look for her real dad. That takes a lot of courage y'know.
    Running away with a kid is sorta like kidnapping, but we all know he meant good.

14. minibeth

minibeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will not judge the father first in what's happening. I have a bit of hope in this one due the author is the one who write the first manhwa i've read in my whole life 'The villainess turns the hourglass'.

I'm sure enough there is a reason why he can't go to FL's mother. And I'm also thinking if the FL's father is waiting for stability of his dukedom he can't go to them. What if there's a war. If there is one there is possibility he can't go no matter what.

And also for the timeline when the FL died in which the father didn't went and check for his daughter for almost 16 years. What if he really trust his brother so much. Its his brother his own blood related. Or what if he was late when he came because the dukedom stable after the FL dies.

We just need more spoilers so we can judge what really happens without judging the father first.

15. Xiao_oaiX

Xiao_oaiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, to add to the hate dumpster fire going on here, a couple of comments have mentioned how the Dad states how much FL reminds him of her mom….

Which is really all thanks to his freak brothers grooming…. Which is just….

And I full heartedly agree with some of the previous comments. Doing nothing shouldn’t be rewarded as greatness, he’s still a trash father, just not a pedo-groomer. It’s like saying, “you want a moldy piece of bread, or death by guillotine” obviously you want the moldy bread, but it’s still… moldy bread

16. confusedaf

confusedaf New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only made an account to say this novel has glaring plot holes from the beginning as the whole father/mother/uncle situation is so poorly written.

First of all, if it’s very well known that the uncle along with the father are well known nobles, wouldn’t other nobles heavily gossip about whatever the other is doing? Which then would always have information leaked out to the other? Like how did the father never know his daughter was trapped with her uncle?? Despite a big mansion with lots of workers??? Who took care of her??? And always kept her inside of the house??? Wouldn’t a maid go, “ya know what? that’s really weird of our boss to keep this child inside, is she something special? is she this or that???” Maids/servants gossip. So how did they not just tell some noble who wanted to take down the uncle, the secret girl he was keeping?

Also wouldn’t the father visit his brother and his estate to discuss things?

When we see the girl with the uncle again, we see the villagers being nicer to her again because she’s the “miss” of his noble house, wouldn’t this news be spread almost every where about a new “miss” in the house? Where the brother would hear? And then question/want to meet her because, let’s give him benefit of the doubt, he thinks it’s a niece. Wouldn’t he visit to see who she is?

Also if the father did love the mother, why didn’t he send someone other than his brother to also visit her and make sure she wasn’t poor? Like he had to had some type of butler he trusted, to then serve her and tell him stuff too? No?

I just don’t understand the situation at all, it’s so poorly written and inexcusable because how did 4 people miscommunicate so badly in an era where people GOSSIPED daily! It’s like the father is awful, the uncle is too, everybody is. Even the mom!

Also to add, wouldn’t people have noticed how similar the female lead looks like her mom and go, “oh yeah your mom worked for our master’s brother!” since apparently she was a maid (? Not sure about that) and then gossip about this love child that looks just like this woman???

like what is going on, how do a bunch of workers just work and not gossip or try to do something about some random girl showing up one day and then almost inheriting the house and money. If I was a maid and the master was single, I would be taken aback he raises a random kid and then MARRIES THEM. Wouldn’t I do something??? HELL YEAH.

17. pansikoser

pansikoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm kinda staying for the spoilers, and the ending of course, but not read the novel/manwha cause the spoilers is telling me that it's safer to read the spoilers LOL

a few reasons as well:
    1. if the dad remarries someone else instead of staying as a single father to his daughter, IF this happens, will surely be pissed off no matter how good the future wife will be...(i'm not over the incompetence he was given...au-san does not give him enough justice)
    2. the angst at the start pissed me off but was curious enough...although now i'm just pissed off at the more angst-ier scenarios
    3. the fact that there will be romance for the FL LOL i kinda prefer her to focus on her familial pursuit to her father, but i'm not interested in her possible romance journey in the future...i mean, for the record i don't even care if she ends up with a reverse harem, i just want her to have a good life with her father...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  18. Aestheronyxx

Aestheronyxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is messed up with this novel he/she wrote. Like wtf? I know it's a fictional story but, it's over the top.. it's so cliché.

The father can literally take da MCs mother a his Mistress right? He's the grand duke, besides he's not even in love with the Duchess it's only a contract marriage. Tsk, tsk poorly written.

19. YamiSama

YamiSama Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From all the spoilers I have read I conclude: Father doesn't sound that bad as everyone is making him out to be. He loved the mc's mom that is why he entrusted her safety to his trusted(I believe) brother. Now the uncle disrupted all communication between them, manipulated and abused his powers.

Why he didn't visit them? Well, for one reason, priest has already mentioned it's a fief faraway from the duchy. He might be busy stabilizing his position too and I guess letters were enough to satisfy(considering the time period author has chosen, travelling from one place to another especially for an important position like Duke can raise suspicions and bring danger upon the mom.)

Although there are other plot holes like someone mentioned here about uncle keeping the child encaged for too long. The villagers seemed simple-minded(I mean imagine bullying mc's mom for something she didn't even do for so long, that part was utter nonsense). Of course they were easily manipulated by the uncle.

As far I can make out, mc's dad does not have a wife or a son since she is just a marriage candidate(and I won't complain if they end up marrying since mom is already dead, dame loves our mc and she sounds perfect to handle the position of duchess.) Why must he suffer just because the one he was in love suffered as well and he couldn't save her?

Mc forgiving him quickly is fine too. As it's not entirely his fault except trusting his brother and believing the letters. MC has suffered a lot and she needs family support to heal.

Edit: Yes, I did make this account to defend the father

20. shesanxious

shesanxious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with some of the points, but this one. After read all the spoilers, it's not he couldn't save mc's mom, he did not even put an effort.

It was said that the dad still loves mc's mom—cried at the news of her death, but did not even once check upon her within the 8 years. And it was just so contradicting for me and it will always be 'the form of love' that I won't understand.
    ———
    I do understand why the author changelessly made mc's mom died and made the mc keep failing to fix the situation at the beginning, maybe s/he wanted the story to be not a typical reincarnation story. But, as the consequence, it's seen as if the author didn't give enough thought on each the characters. It's as if s/he only focused on the "father-daughter relationship" and left us with so many questions, since all the facts seem so contradicting with each other, and the story be literally unrealistic. And it kinda makes our discussion pointless, since we tried to, you know, relate the story to our real life; thought the characters as a real person, "it should be like this-, it should be like that-, how could s/he-, why was s/he-, etc." When they are even 'psychologically' messed up.

HOWEVER, there are still not much spoilers & I haven't read the LN yet (idek whether i will tho). So I still don't really know what will happen later. I hope there'll be a significant development. Imma stick for awhile. Btw, they should have put trigger warning panel, it's so frustrating to read this kind of story. A few chapters of nonstop angst.

Edit:
    so, I have read chapter 15 (manhwa), I'm disappointed in her father's—the Duke's, wife candidate. At first, I thought it's fine for her to be mc's mom. Because, she was so kind, she helped mc to meet her father, and she seemed so genuine. But in this chapter, after she helped mc to meet her dad, she mentioned about 'a contract' with the duke, I think it was about the marriage between them, WHILE mc was just reunited with her dad & with all the confusion atmosphere—yeah, right at that time. ALSO, she left while saying "next time we meet, call me mom." (tho she said that while smiling, but more like a smirk tho) Bruv, you shouldn't have said that to the kid who just lost her mom & just met her dad. THOUGH, we all know the mc had reincarnated. But what was the right for that wife candidate??

Anyways, since it's just fan/scan team translation it can be not 100% correct, so I do hope the translation can somehow change if it be available officially in my country. But idk whether I will continue to read this.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021