Spoiler Why Ophelia Can't Leave the Duke's Family

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get where you’re coming from. Until I saw the spoilers I legit thought MC didn’t know what her mother was doing. As for the mom, I think she thought MC didn’t know that she was killing her husbands. She’s an emotionally manipulative person, so maybe she likes to sprinkle in some “oh I’m so unfortunate and pitiful” here and there to keep MC from ever being suspicious of her. After all, her biggest supporter is her own daughter. As for MC I can only assume it’s a matter of translation because you’re right, it really makes no sense for her to be wishing she was in the carriage if only she’d known the accident was going to happen… because she did know. So maybe what she really meant was if she knew she’d be embroiled in the Ducal family’s bullshit she’d have been better off dying with her mom? Or maybe the author really did want to bury the secret of the deaths to the readers and just didn’t do it right.

2. aqilwall

aqilwall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not going to bother with the spoiler tag.
    FL found out that her mom was the one killing the husbands. So she confronted her mom and later on help her mom got rid of the evidences (syringes) using her magic. The reason she decided to kill her mom was she found out that her mom wanted to kill Alexander too. That triggered her. She realized like that her mom addicted to killing. After the funeral she planned to go to temple and confess after that she would kill herself with her explosion magic.

The story ended on the 20th birthday of Alexander so we dont know if they are going to get married or not. But all the servants knew that they were lovers. After her confession to Alexander, ML said he was OK with her killing him. He would rather be killed than being lonely.

3. Chiaraaa

Chiaraaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I end up bought the novel from play books, if some of you are curious when the fl hidding under the desk after reading ml diary, if i remember correctly it was page 237

Heyyoopanda, xpeanut, naririn and 4 others like this.
  4. EVA EVA

EVA EVA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh,dear, then please can you spoil us the snu snu :blobnosebleed:part.

Ariary, aetheerry and november27 like this.
  5. hellohihello

hellohihello New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi can i know what is the title on google book? I cant find it

6. Isekaifan13wen

Isekaifan13wen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here you go:
    오필리어가 공작가를 벗어나지 못하는 이유

7. Banneyo

Banneyo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many chapter it is?

8. amaryllis0

amaryllis0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry if there are some mistakes in the previous part or this part :blobbunny:
    "There's no one to blame. Sister, I'm sure you're already struggled and exhausted."

Alexander opened the gap between her and me so that she could no longer approach me. The woman, with her legs relaxed, collapsed, laid her neck down, and began to weep. The old lady looked at the woman and me puzzledly, then turned her back to appease her.

"Sister? Sister! Ha! That doesn't make any sense. She wasn't even a member of the family!"

Gray eyes glanced sharply at me. The attention of the mourners turned to me. I didn't want to stay here any longer. The funeral of Duke Arpard and the surrounding people. My mother's existence here was close to impurity.

I was thinking of turning it off anyway. I smiled to myself. Some of the mourners looked at my distorted face and frowned. I pulled myself out of Alexander's arms, almost wrapped around my shoulders. I heard him calling me, but I left without even picking up the veil.

I went straight to the room and locked the door. I wanted to watch my mother's funeral until the end. No matter how Arpard was, my mother was my mother. It was my mother who considered pursuing the happiness of life more important than my existence.

But I couldn't be with my mother in the end. My mother is no longer in this world. She's gone forever. If you were going to go away like that, I'd want you to pat my head one last time. She only tells me once that she loves her daughter. Mother, I wanted to be loved more.

Now my eyes are hot. I remembered Alexander's face, who was puzzled by me, asking how I could be fine. When a woman named Catherine slapped me on the cheek, I remembered the face of the old woman smiling with a handkerchief covering her mouth. Catherine's face looked at me until I was out of the place.

".....Uhu, uh. Uh."

I grabbed my hot cheeks and snorted. I've never been hit like this before. Why do I deserve this? What did I do wrong? It was terrible.

I missed my mother. Even though she was such a mother who never forgets to comb her hair with balm even when I collapsed due to a fever, I missed her. When I was young, I missed my mother, who used to yell at me when I fell while running around, and put medicine on my knee, and said, "I told you to stay quite!"

I'm 20 years old. It's been a long time since I became an adult, but I was still a child. If I had known this would happen, I would have followed my mother. When she asks if there's a present I'd like to have, I'll just ask if I can come along. I won't get in the way of her honeymoon with the Duke, so I'll ask you once if I can.

I pulled my sleeves and wiped away my tears. Even if I cry like this, there is no mother in the world who can hug me anymore. The fact was heartbreaking. I really don't have it now. The wave of emotion that came to reality came upon me. I was suffocated.

I cried like that for a long time. I couldn't even cry as much as I wanted because I thought it would be hard to leave if my eyes were too swollen. It's a big deal if you fall down just because you're tired.

So, I touched my swollen cheek to keep my mind up. It stung me to death. Thanks to it, I came to my senses. I started to stuff my luggage in the trunk I had already taken out last night.

Darkness sank through the half-open curtains. It was already night time. Well, the sun went down quickly in winter. Even in the northern part of the country, Arpard was often dimmed by the evening.

Perhaps the mourners have already left the mansion. It was time for relatives to enter the room to relax. I had been starving all day, and my stomach is rumbling. In the midst of this, I laughed a little because I was hungry steadily.

I quietly came out into the hallway with a trunk. There was definitely no one, but it was a creepy atmosphere as if someone would suddenly appear. It was a shame because I was wearing layers of clothes. I stopped for a moment in the middle of the hallway and opened my coat.

I don't care about other people, but Catherine or the old lady, I didn't want to run into them. Fortunately, I did not meet anyone until I reached the stall. It's late at night, so it's enough to walk around the hallways to light candles.

"Shhh, good boy."

When the shackles of the stable opened, the horses blinked one by one. Among them, the brown horse with the diamond shape on its forehead shrugged as if recognizing me.

"Yeah, it's me. Ophelia."

I stroked the horse's mane and laughed. It was a horse presented to me by the Duke of Arpard, who remembered that my hobby was riding when I lived in the Baron's house.

"You come with me. You're the only one who belongs to me in this house."

As if he could understand his words, the horse followed me. After leaving the stable, I put the trunk on the horse and tied the string. And I tried to get on it too. But.

"Where are you going, Sister?"

The voice that cut through the darkness was dreary. I turned my head in the sound direction and saw Alexander standing by the tree, looking at me.

When have you been here? White snowflakes piled up without melting over the shoulders of the black suit he had worn since the funeral in the daytime.

◆​

"I'm leaving."

I grabbed the horse's reins and wiped away the snow from the mane. Of all things, I thought now. It was the face I didn't want to see most for the time being.

"Where the hell are you going. Even without saying anything."

Alexander's steps were rough, as if angry. He approached and took the reins of the horse from me. I looked at the series of actions in vain, dumbfounded. Then I put my hand over the back of Alexander's stricken hand without blood.

"Let this go."

The back of his hand was as cold as ice. I wondered if he was really spending a few hours down here. Otherwise, I couldn't help but feel this warmth.

"No way."

Alexander looked piercingly at my hand that covered his and snorted. There was no chance of winning with him by competing with power. He was still only seventeen years old, so he had not been appointed, but he is a knight who has been learning swordsmanship since he was young.

"Let it go. I'm not doing it with strength."

So I slapped Alexander on the back of his hand. But he remained frozen as if he were frozen. It's already late at night. I don't want to waste time here.

"I said no."

".....Why are you doing this!"

Eventually, I let a scream out. You were uncomfortable with me anyway. Why won't you let me go. I stamped on Alexander's foot in a fit of rage.

He made a short, painful sound. It must have hurt quite a bit because of the weight, but the forehead was slightly wrinkled, and there was no further response. As I looked at him as solid as a rock, I let out a white sigh and asked.

"...yeah, okay. Tell me the reason."

"Reason?"

"Yeah, why."

"How do you send you, who have no power, at this late hour?"

"Now..... did you say you?"

I asked, squinting my eyes. Up until now, he used to call me sister and I didn't suit him well, but now, all of a sudden, you?

"Ah... Sister."

Alexander quickly corrected his words.

"Is that why? That I look vulnerable?"

"....."

"I'm sorry, but I'm stronger than you can see. Just because I'm seeing one or two robbers...."

"Don't say horrible things. The result is obvious without looking at it. And that's not the only reason."

I wanted to hear what the great reason was. I looked at my hand, which covered the back of his hand. Although it was not small for a woman, it was as cute as a child's hand when placed on his.

"Without you... there's no adult left in the house."

"Huh."

"So I can't let you go. Although the biggest reason is that it's dangerous."

"I told you it wasn't dangerous. And why am I the adult of the family. Like she said, my name is not even in the Arpard family."
    And I have no intention of adding it. I refuse to change my family register several times. How many times have you changed your last name in your 20 years of life? I changed it three times. Yeah, that's more than enough.

"It doesn't really matter. From the moment you entered the mansion, my sister became Arfard."

"It's not legally. The blood that flows through me doesn't belong to Arpard."

"What does that matter? It's possible tomorrow if you want."

"I don't want to. Ah.... Aren't you old enough not to act like a baby?"

My body trembled as we talked without moving much in the harsh cold of midwinter. I couldn't figure out the real reason why Alexander was holding on to me so far.

"....."

I stared at him with annoyance. I tried to hit Alexander on the back of his hand once again, wondering why there was no reply. He will be the next Duke, but I don't think I'll ever see him again, so I don't care about this much.

"...wait a minute."

"....."

"......are you crying?"

But something surprising happened. When he heard the news of the accident, he looked fine at the funeral but now, suddenly shed a drop of tears.

"Ugh, I'm not."

"What do you mean no? You're crying."

Tears flowed nonstop from the corners of his eyes as if my words were a fuse. The tears that flowed down on his smooth cheeks fell on the back of my hand. Startled, I involuntarily reached out and wiped his tears.

"I'm sorry. I must have been harsh."

I'm embarrassed. All I know is Alexander's expressionless face and a smiling face. I've never seen him angry, and I've never seen him laugh even more. Despite his outward appearance, he was still only a child. My mind was filled with only my thoughts, and I overlooked that fact.

"No. It's okay, okay."

It didn't seem okay at all.

"I'm, I'm lonely. Sister, I'm scared. One day, I was surprised to see my sister and my mother. But I was happy to accept it. Having a family. But before I get used to it, your mother..... Be like that. My father too."

Alexander wept until the tip of his nose, which had always looked arrogant, flushed. In front of him, I couldn't insist on letting go of the reins. I let go of the hand that was giving me strength. I could see his watery, silver-gray eyes at that moment.

"I can't shake the feeling that I've been abandoned. I can't stop thinking that I'm the only one with no family in this world...."

It was a thought I had while crying alone in my room. Alexander was thinking the same thing as me. I impulsively grabbed his neck. He was taller than me, and he looked so small and pitiful now. Even though I'm never in a position to sympathize with anyone.

"Si, Sister."

I am fully aware of the fact that my actions are pretty impulsive. So I fully understood why Alexander was calling me like this in such a bewildered way. He stiffened his body as if surprised. I lowered my hand a little and patted him on the back.

"I thought it would be good for you if I disappeared."

"......why did you think so. How come."

Slowly, Alexander wrapped my shoulder with one hand. Even in the midst of it, he was cautious not to let go of the hand holding the reins and not let go of it. A laugh came out. Do you still think I'm going to leave this way?

"I felt unwelcome to you. And the Duke too."

"....Obviously, I was rebellious at first. The little one is older than me, so my father told me to called you Sister, oh, Sister."

I pulled Alexander's hair slightly in the " little one." It was a mistake to belittle me because of my height. In the first place, I wasn't that small.

"Sister, I was wrong. Sister."

"Let's go in. It's so cold here."

After hugging Alexander for a while, I rubbed the cheek and grinned. It would not be unreasonable to say that the two of us would get frostbite if we stayed like this and could not move.

"....Aren't you going to leave without saying a word at night again? Promise me. Otherwise."

"If not?"

I tilted my head. Alexander coughed briefly.

"Can't you just promise me."

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. You caught me, and I'm going in like this today.... If I stay in Arpard, I'm sure the words will come out. It's been said that we became brother and sister, but it's only been a month. I'm still here for some reason."

"That's."

Alexander couldn't speak easily. Leaving him silent, I drove the horse to the stable and left. Meanwhile, Alexander stood there waiting for me.

"If it's only one month, are we not siblings?"

He asked, bringing the trunk in my hand. It was so obvious that I didn't even answer. We walked silently toward the mansion. Just before arriving at the front door, Alexander stood in my way.

"So you're leaving again?"

I glanced at him. Then passed him and went inside the mansion first. Alexander walked quickly and blocked me again.

"Sister."

"I can't stay here forever."

I sighed and said. I couldn't back down even if he was crying and making a fuss about it. Oh, I can't imagine Alexander going that far. He wasn't really the type to be a baby. It was shocking to see him cry today.

"......I know. My sister is just uncomfortable here."

"I'm glad you know."

"....."

Alexander quietly looked at me with resentful eyes. I looked away and asked.

"So, what do you want to say?"
    Even though it was only a step away, I had to hold my neck and look up at Alexander. He paused for a moment. Tired of waiting while holding his cold hand, I took a step.

"If you don't have anything to say, I'll go to bed."

"No, wait a minute."

He spread his arms wide enough to keep me from moving aside. What the hell do you want to do? Alexander finally opened his mouth when I looked at him with a puzzled face.

"Until I become an adult. Please stay here until then. There's not much time left. So that's not bad enough."

That's ridiculous. I got a headache and rubbed my temples.

"...I'm sorry, but you still have three years left to become an adult. You're telling me to stay that long? You demand too much."

"I won't let anyone touch you again. I'll make sure you don't feel uncomfortable. So please."

"Please, I mean. Wouldn't it be better not to say things like that easily? You will be the Duke."

"It's a word I've never put in my mouth before. I'm asking you to do this...."

Won't you accept it? He asked with his eyes. It almost looked pathetic. I'm telling you, Alexander tonight wasn't like him. To the point where I think it's weird. Was he always like this? Strictly speaking, it never was.

But it was late at night, and I was cold and tired. And I was very emotional because this and that happened. So, in the end.

"Okay. Then promise me. Three years later, when you become an adult, you will never catch me if I suddenly leave one day."

".....never?"

"Never."

Alexander frowned slightly as if he didn't like it, but he had no choice but to nod his head. He even used the word please, and I thought it wouldn't be bad to stay at the Duke's house for a while if he was as desperate as he was to catch me. Actually, I don't have anywhere to go anyway.

And finally, I got a trunk from him, made my way, and headed to my room.

I changed my clothes and lay down on the bed. Pulling the fluffy duvet up to the top of my head, I fell asleep while thinking of Alexander, who was crying and flushed. I was too tired.

So I forgot the next day that his attitude tonight was so different from usual. I should have figured out his real purpose of keeping me in the Duke's house.

◆​

The following day I woke up hungry and went to the dining room wearing a black dress. And, as if it were natural, I found relatives of the peacock sitting around the table and stopped.

"Good morning."

I was holding on to the doorknob, unable to enter, and a large hand appeared, and I opened the door in a short breath. It was Alexander.

"You're not going in."

He stepped aside and waited for me to go in first. I stared at him with a blank slate and walked away. The rattling sound of dishes stopped instantly.

"Alex is here. Come and sit down. The fruit is very fresh."

It was yesterday's old lady. As she spoke, wiping her mouth with a napkin, the servant standing behind pulled out the chair next to her.

"Sister, where would you like to sit?"

But Alexander pretended not to hear the old lady's suggestion and asked me. At that moment, the air inside the restaurant seemed to sink coldly. A fork made of silver fell on the floor and made a slight noise.

"Oh, Alec, didn't you hear your aunt?"

Catherine smiled awkwardly. Alexander, who found an empty seat on behalf of me who could not pick a seat hastily, led me to that side.

"Alec?"

Catherine's voice trembled as if nervous. Alexander sat me in a chair, went to the opposite side, sat down, and raised his head.

"Oh, Kathy, I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"......no, nothing."

Catherine nervously snatched the new fork from the servant. She whispered to the old lady next to her, not eat her share of salad. The old lady took turns looking at Alexander with a puzzled look on her face.

"The soup will cool down."

Alexander tapped the glass and caught my attention. When he turned his gaze, he pulled the corner of his mouth slightly and smiled.

"Actually, my older sister didn't like to eat hot food."

"....that's right. How did you know?"

I made surprised eyes. I didn't really show it in front of him.

"About two times. I've seen you hurt from burns on your tongue."

Alexander spread his two fingers wide. His playful smile was just like when the mother and the peacock were alive. I rolled my eyes and stirred the soup. It was quite contrived as if it were a play.

"Would you like some plums? They say it's fresh."

It was when I was drinking water after eating silently. Alexander handed me the plums in the basket. It was a fruit that was not easily seen in the northern part of the year, more than half of the year. I used to eat it often when I lived in the South.

"Thank you. It reminds me of the old days."

I had a faint expression on my face as if to smile. I could feel Alexander's gaze following me right away, but I didn't care. There were many memories of plums. Most of it was about my mother.

"If you think about the old days, which one? I'm curious. I want to hear it."

Alexander tilted his head and smiled softly as he looked up. To be honest, that kind of squinting and smiling expression didn't suit him. I used to see Alexander cry for the first time last night, but I still had a strong impression of him as cold as ice.

"Uh, I mean. It was when I was twelve."

I stopped talking and took a bite of the plum. A strong sweet scent spread out. The thick nectar trickled down my fingers. After swallowing what was in my mouth and tried to speak, Catherine, walking behind Alexander, came into view.

"Alec, since we're finished our meal, can we moved and have a conversation?"

Catherine's red hair ran down Alexander's shoulder in a black shirt. Because she bent her upper body slightly and kissed him on the cheek. Alexander flinched for a moment but naturally lifted up his napkin and wiped his cheek as if he was used to it.

"This kind of greeting is uncomfortable, I think I've told you over and over again."
    There are 3 in the table of content, Why Ophelia Can't Leave the Duke's Family, Alec's Point of View, and Epilogue.

Marciellet, aneliese, L.M.L and 27 others like this.
  9. RiRi Chan 2020

RiRi Chan 2020 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well l read the half of novel by google translate the maid will killed by Claude the fake investigator his real name is cain he is the son of the first husband he tried to kill fl but ml killed him before that

10. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC, she wasn't sure if her step father would ride the same carriage as her mother. She was kind of jealous that her mother's last moments where spent with her step father. She loved her mother in a twisted way.

Marane101, DOHere, RakaSarkar and 2 others like this.
  11. Milkie

Milkie New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please Please can you post that scene here Im broke rn just that scene and I'll be satisfied

Ariary likes this.
  12. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG, didn't imagine that FL would be the culprit. Thanks for the spoiler so much. Just read 4 chapters of manhwa and came to check if it any good because of the whole sibling love stuff. :X3::X3:
    Am glad the story isn't like other step-sibling's romance type manhwas.

13. Lalita

Lalita Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sammee dude i really empathize with the baroness like that mom oh gosh
    Makes me question all the characters I enjoyed reading and being fine with it

DOHere likes this.
  14. ceeimp

ceeimp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the lines "If only I had known about the carriage, I would have gone with my mother" was something that flew by the authors mind when writing the story. Idk it just didnt add up.

syofiaa likes this.
  15. Amethyst Faerie Hekela

Amethyst Faerie Hekela Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I ask what you are referencing there? Tristan & Isolde sounds familiar, but my brain isn't braining, and I can't remember it for the life of me.

Is there no NU page for this novel? I could've sworn that I have encountered it many times while diving down the rabbit hole that is NU novel recommendations.

ErryChu likes this.
  16. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tristan & Isolde is a famous medieval (or older) love story.

17. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'm sorry, young man. Please."
    Did Ophelier kill his parents? Then why.
    Sitting on his knees, Rain was lost in thought in front of Henrietta. She cried, saying Ophelier was a wizard, and that she seemed to be sucking her magic.
    Henrietta whines for a vacation if she can't step down as a maid in charge. Why on earth would you ask him to do that? My owner is not Alexander anymore, he's Ophelian.
    "Oh, I can't bear to tell you. Nothing, nothing, I'm scared.….”
    "Where are you scared of?"
    Alexander asked with a bored face on his chin. I've seen Henrietta get so scared of Ophelier that I think she's going too far.… the specific reason was that Alexander did not know.
    "He, I mean...… hmmm."
    "Don't whine and say it straight."
    Henrietta sulked, saying, "The young master doesn't know how he feels," and left the room. Alexander, who was criticized out of the blue, laughed briefly.
    Then he glared into the air with sharp eyes. Ophelier is a wizard?
    He got up from the sofa and walked around the room for a while. Is melting the joints of the wagon, melting the keyhole in the Oval Office all done by Ophelier?
    But why. Why did she try to kill my mother?
    Alexander was distressed. Because I've already realized how I feel about her.
    Whenever I saw Ophelier, my heart was pounding and I felt like I was going to cry. I wanted to beg her to look at me when she lowered her eyes, and I was excited to imagine something embarrassing to say when she was near me.
    Alexander looked casually down at the window, filled with confusion. Just in time, Ophelier, who was walking between the dry branches covered with snow, caught my eye.
    She also looked up and faced him as if she felt his gaze. Alexander breathed heavily as his eyes overlapped.
    “…….”
    Ophelier smiled brightly enough to fold his dimples as if he were happy to see Alexander. It was the moment when she raised her lips and called Alexander.
    The sun wasn't only shining on Ophelia, but she was the only one shining in this world. My face turned red with fever. Alexander backed away from the window.
    "……Uh."
    Alexander raised his hand to cover his mouth. I couldn't control my facial muscles myself. I've never felt this way before, but I could tell for sure. Alexander was in love with Ophelia.
    The moment he realized the fact, he went crazy. It didn't matter now. Even if Ophelier is involved in a wagon accident. Even if she melted the wagon joint.
    ……even if she was the murderer who killed his father.
    That's not a big deal. After all, they were indifferent father and son who had no interest in each other. It was natural that Ophelian smiling in front of his eyes was more important than his father who was already dead.
    Alexander is the only one who suspects that Ophelier killed him anyway. Even if it was true, he could have covered it up. Luckily Alexander had that much power.
    A few months later, Henrietta came to confess her guilt. You are mistaken. I'm the one who killed the duchess. So rather punish me. Report it, throw it in jail and watch it hang.
    Alexander laughed at her. Because he already knew who the real culprit was. He pulled out Henrietta.
    Alexander has been busy lately. There was not enough time to deal with such a thing. Ophelier kept emphasizing that his coming-of-age ceremony was just around the corner.
    She was getting ready to leave the duke step by step. When you're taking a walk and you find animals that you can only see in the north,
    "Cute, but if you get out of here, you'll never see me again."
    It was muttering like this. Whenever that happened, Alexander suddenly felt down. He even chewed his lips and shed blood out of anxiety and nervousness.
    Why do you keep trying to leave? What's so lacking? Isn't Ophelia happy here?
    In the meantime, I have appealed to her that life in the North is not too bad. Although Ophelia hates long winters, she seemed to like to read books sitting in a blanket in front of a burning fireplace, so she used to sweep her heart away.
    But inside, you were thinking about breaking up. Alexander couldn't sleep well at night and agonized all the time. How can I hold her back? Do I have to lock him up?
    Though he was eager to do so, Ophelier was a powerful wizard. It was almost as if the shackles would melt simply and disappear without hesitation.
    All he could do was grab her by the ankle and burst into tears. Please don't go, I'm still scared and afraid of being alone and I want to be with you.
    Maybe she'll be shaken again. Ophelier likes to see Alexander cry.
    I was thinking about how to hold Ophelier dozens, hundreds, or thousands of times a day. Claude, the investigator, came to destroy their calm but fragile daily lives.
    Alexander became extremely sensitive when Claude mentioned an accident three years ago. I should've gone by quietly like this, you fucking son of a bitch.
    How can I send him back? Or, if necessary, Alexander was fully prepared to kill Claude disguised as an accident.
    But I don't know anything about his feelings. Ophelier sat in the drawing room and laughed and talked about what was so good. Alexander was so angry that he was about to lose his mind.
    Was the feeling of jealousy so painful? Alexander held Ophelier and cried. That way Ophelier's attention was completely in his hands again. Alexander was relieved, even for a short time.
    I'm thinking now, but Claude, or Cain, doesn't seem to be all that bad. After Ophelier read Alexander's diary, and he took courage to kiss her first because he went through the entire mansion.….
    Alexander smiled softly and carefully touched Ophelia's deeply asleep eyelashes. She flinched, frowned, but couldn't open her eyes easily.
    This time, we skipped meals and shared love for two nights and nights. Alexander was cursed by Ophelier before letting her go.
    O'Phelier tickled her head in embarrassment as she blushed at the sound of the damn man. She turned her back completely when he couldn't hide his excitement at the touch. Then he fell asleep as if he fainted.
    "Oh, cute."
    Alexander had just woken up from a short sleep, giving her an arm pillow. It was so cute to see him sleep with the sheet covered up to his neck because he was afraid he might touch it.
    He carefully pulled out my arm so that Ophelia wouldn't wake up. Then she took a pillow hanging dangerously on the edge of the bed and propped it under her head.
    Alexander raised himself. He roughly wore a navy gown, tied a string around his waist and went out to the hallway. One of the passers-by approached and asked if there was anything he could ask.
    After a long time, Alexander rolled up his lips.
    "Bring in the maid. Becky... Did you say that?”
    Ophelier doesn't try to make it obvious, but he is unexpectedly jealous. I can't allow Alexander to memorize the names of other women than her.
    So even where Ophelier didn't see it, Alexander deliberately blurted the end of his speech and acted as if he didn't remember others' names well. We can't rule out the possibility of always being the case.
    "Did you call me, my lord?"
    Becky was a freckled, brown bobbed maid who was among the users who were questioned when Cain was previously an investigator. She seemed surprised by the call of a young, handsome singer who could only see from afar.
    "Yeah."
    Alexander stared at her and laughed. Becky blushed and bowed his head.
    "Did you get along with Henrietta?"
    "Well, it wasn't like that's not true. He didn't want to talk to the people below him, so he used the accommodation to himself.”
    Becky grumbled and blamed Henrietta, only then did she realize she was already dead and shut up.
    "I like it even more.”
    Alexander soaked his dry lips with his tongue. Becky blinked, not knowing what to do. He continued.
    "Becky, I hope you stay for a long time. I really need you in this mansion.”
    "Yes……."
    Alexander turned and grabbed the doorknob. Becky nodded wildly with a rapturous look. He promised Becky a raise, then sent her back, and returned to the room.
    That's enough. Becky will continue to be loyal to him like a dog. Just like Henrietta did.
    It is very important to have a witness in advance. Alexander urged investigators to swear blood, but did not fully believe them.
    There would be no more interesting scandal than the murder of the Duke and Duchess of Arfad. It will be quiet right now, but one day rumors may rise and fall on someone's lips.
    Alexander wanted to get his hands on even that feeble possibility. Only for peaceful daily life with Ophelia.
    Sitting next to the bed, he looked down at Ophelia with his eyes closed. She hardly breathed, raising concerns that she might suddenly crumble away.
    Alexander bowed slowly and put his lips around her mouth. Fortunately, a faint breath came out and soaked his lips. Only then did he sigh with relief.
    "……Yes."
    Ophelier opened his eyes as if he felt popular. Half-closed blue eyes stared at him as if he had still been tired.
    "Good morning, Ophelier.”
    I was only a few minutes away, and I was glad to see her as if I hadn't seen her in a long time. Alexander sat on one knee on the floor and kissed her lips briefly. Ophelier smiled slightly.
    "Morning? Really?"
    "No, it's actually time for dinner soon."
    "Oh, what?"
    Ophelier raised his upper body, holding onto a sheet that covered his body. When Alexander openly gave her a disappointing look, she poked out her tongue and teased him.
    "I'm gonna have to use my own room for a while. I don't think I'll be able to survive at this rate.”
    "I don'
    "Someone asked for your opinion when."
    Ophelia shed her eyes. Alexander pretended, "Chi," and sulking. Ophelier ignored him like that.
    "I'm hungry."
    "…Are you really going to use your own room?"
    "Shall we go down to the restaurant?”
    "Really?"
    “…….”
    Alexander shut his mouth quietly. Feeling curious, Ophelia looked up. Blushing with tears, he was staring at her with resentment.
    "Well, take it easy, then."
    "…That's too much."
    He was hanging tears in his eyes and eventually burst into tears. One shoulder was exposed to the loose gown.
    I can't believe you're upset to see a man crying in an equivocal state, neither dressed nor undressed. I can't believe it. Ophelier shook his head.
    "Okay, I won't say that, so stop crying."
    "Oh, it's bad…….”
    Alexander jumped at Ophelier like a big dog who didn't realize his size. He rubbed his face against her shoulder. Unable to resist the tickling, she laughed aloud.
    The movement, which was close to whining, became increasingly dense. Alexander breathed a hot breath on her neck. Ugh, here we go again. Ophelier muttered, his head tilted sideways.
    Again their night was getting deeper.

Will there be a side story??? Kinda want for moaarr ._.

Yukari_me, mariaraara, L.M.L and 43 others like this.
  18. illysillymilly

illysillymilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all for the spoilers!!!! This is such a crazy good and dark story. The art for the manhwa is really pretty. I hope we have more spoilers and mtl’ed chapters hehe

19. mirrorkells

mirrorkells Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was discussed here
    Also, the way the plot has been thought of from the beginning makes me think that the author wouldn't be careless like that. They could've portrayed it like that not to give away that she's the murderer and her genuine feelings of wanting to die with her mother because she was too dependent. Well, maybe.

evanesco99211 likes this.
  20. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry if I missed this but why did she kill the duke as well? Couldn't she just poison the mother alone or something?

Ariary likes this.