Spoiler My Fiance is in Love with My Little Sister

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by HC, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Orphus

Orphus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because he is really really sick. His wife Naoko Takeuchi the creator of Sailor moon helps him a lot. You can see it in the style of the drawings

Archeia, TrinaAngel, beazacha and 5 others like this.
  2. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

its not uncommon Japanese authors end up pausing series due to health problems or dying before they can be completed. That is why there are lots of series that end up never being completed. "Nana" which has been in "hiatus" for over a decade being a prime example due to the author's health problems. I wonder if it has something to do with the pressures of working in that structure that eventually takes a toll on their health.

. A tragic example of a story left incomplete was "It started with a kiss" where the mangaka died at 38 after a marble table fell on her head and before she could finish the series. That was over 20 years ago.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  3. Helen_Ivor

Helen_Ivor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine getting transmigerated into this novel.

Khloud2003 and DemFeels like this.
  4. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I hear, being a manga author in Japan isn't very healthier. It's very competitive, and they have a productivity to keep. If they have a contract with a weekly magazine editor, they must give a chapter every week. Plus Japan used a vote system in the magazines, reader vote for their favorite manga and if one series didn't have enough vote for X times they tell the author to finish their story in 2 or 3 chapters. There is manga magazine who go out monthly or quarterly, but there are more selective in their authors, and they are less. No wonder they have heath problem. :blobsad:

5. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link

This explains ALOT. Why there are so many Mangas (Especially the Josei/Smut/Ecchi types) that either has a VERY rushed ending that didn't seem natural - i.e it was not up to the author to wrap things up. Or there are other mangas where the stories unnecessarily drag on to something 100+ chapters but very little has actually progressed in the story or development in the characters.

I heard that this was due to publishers' decisions didn't realize it was structured that way.

It's a shame because there has been some really good stories that got cut far too soon and some really crappy ones that went on forever.
    I think more Japanese mangakas need to start a way to release their work independently from the publishers. Which I don't think will be easy since so many of them still use the black and white format and do their layouts manually as opposed to Manhwas which is predominately digital.

6. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an alternative, the novel. More and more mangas start at being a novel these days. It's because the authors aren't confident to go to an editor or already being said "no". So they go to the net and write their story here. The editor look at this kind of website, when a story is really liked by the reader, they contact the author's themselves. For them, it's a sure way to do some profit since the story is already popular.
    (They do the same in my country, scan is illegal, but the editor like to see what we reader like before buy the right to published it, that why there is no real punishment. That and the fact it's the authors who must lodge a complaint against foreign fan who translate his work and that will take him too many times)
    They usually do some modification to the original work with the author, like in Europe. Like that, even if they can't really erase the net version, the finish product will be more or less different. (That depend really, some novel were only retouch on details (ex: kumo desu ka, nani ka?) while others are more a new story, usually more structured (ex : raising of the shield hero)) They just need to paid someone to draw it and since the story is written in advance, the story is more fluent too.
    I guess this system will be more and more used since there is no risk for the editor to lose money, but the traditional one is still ongoing.

7. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    But aren't the author and artist usually two different people? I know this to be the case for Manhwa webtoons/Korean Novels is the same case for the Japanese ones?

Kingdo likes this.
  8. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mangaka is usually an author plus an artist. Sometimes they are two peoples, but it's not the majority, it's very hard with the weekly production system, so the team break out.
    Plus, they divide the money, and it's not a job who you gain much. The author is only paid on the manga sales. Not the anime, goodies, film, drama, etc... (That why there is a law who forbid studio to be more advance in anime than the book, to not steal the money of the authors, if the fan want to know, he needs to buy the book or wait)
    Some authors are broke when they are a really know manga.
    I don't know how the author is paid until his story is brooch. Because he needs first to have enough chapters to brooch it obviously, but he needs to have enough vote of readers too, otherwise the story isn't enough profitable for the editor.

EDIT : I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but in my country (France) the editor buy the full right of exploitation of license. That mean even if I buy a manga, the only income of the author, he won't have one centime.

DemFeels and bochucha like this.
  9. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of the time with adaptations yes they are.

Thanks to social media there are free posting sites for everything. and some times the author starts by making a web comic of their series (One Punch Man)
    I think it varies, but most places would depend on the wording of the contract and not a matter of law.
    It would likely depend largely on the standing of the author, someone famous like Steven King would get a much better deal then an unknown and is more likely to be able to negotiate maintaining certain rights and royalties.
    Unknowns are not likely to get to keep much in the way of rights or ownership, unless they want to self publish.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Kingdo likes this.
  10. manvugu

manvugu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cursing the author for this long ass dreaded wait, and also desiring a no loose ends...ending. :blobjoy:
    - MF pulling the control strings better be revealed and DIE!!
    - FL better stand up for herself, fight her parents and avoid that stupid marriage - Soleil has no back bone, loves the sis, but can't do jack to marry her, because yea, it's preferable to cheat on your wife with her sister... Applauses. NOT. No f*cking sympathy for him.
    - Sister is weird. She's no innocent. I want her to piss off but it's better if she undergoes the same sacrifices FL had to endure for the sake of that marriage, and since Soleil won't be under the MF controlling the show, he won't be as strongly moved - let's see how she fights for his love.

I just want the person behind all this to DIE! I'll be content with that, plus FL turning her back on her parents for goood. Sheesh, alright, see y'all in a year. I swear, writers have their ups and downs, but this author got some nerve, bet she/he on a caffee drinking iced Americano. Tsk.

yourmomtenkeyy likes this.
  11. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just have a question, what "MF" mean ?

manvugu likes this.
  12. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    I came back after a while, i saw the thread was so lively, yet it was all off-topic discussions

Fringed Goose and Khloud2003 like this.
  13. manvugu

manvugu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MotherF*****

yourmomtenkeyy and hjnffnjh like this.
  14. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay thanks you

15. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone who is following the manga know how far they are in the storyline

16. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She meet crow, so I will say, at the end of the beginning of the story. The manga is more or less in the middle of the story if you prefer.

missbluesunglasses likes this.
  17. keikomushi

keikomushi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Other reason? Ninjas stole the author's laptop.

18. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    stayed awake till 2 am just to binge read this 36 pages thread... my heart is battered and bruised.. thank you for all of the spoilers, now i can finally rest in peace

lentilha and bochucha like this.
  19. mochigarden

mochigarden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone update that spoiler bot please because I don't have time o go through the entire thread looking for spoilers and end up reading discussions

20. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Occasionally thinking about this series so here I am :blobpeek:
    author if the angst and depressive theme is too much for you give the MC a deserved small victory or trump card :blobcry: so both you and readers can look back at it and go "oh?! Is that hope?!" And feel re energized somehow hopefully :blob_teary:

Agavadon likes this.